What Kind Of God Would Judge Me For Not Being Christian?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 30, 2017.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Let's assume I never am Christian in fact I am an atheist. But I still practice the 10 commandments. I never kill or steal. I am an honest loving man who is kind to people. Christianity would have me believe this is still not enough. I need to acknowledge god and Jesus or else. And what about the people who lived before Jesus or those who never know what Christianity is? Those people are punished too I guess even if they are good.

The kind of deity who would punish me for doing everything right but calling it the wrong name is not worth worshiping to me. A rose by any other name is still a rose. And what about all the war and hate over religion? Because one carpenter said hey guys be nice so many people have died or are hated. I think any logical god would understand good people turning away from that. You could say that is not the fault of Jesus but of bad men who twist the message but still it has occurred.

I'm not an atheist. I am sure a "god" exists. A high enough dose of mushrooms proved it to me. But I am also sure it does not care what I think of it. I was raised in a Christian home. Catholic father, Methodist mother but we never went to church every week or anything like that. But I still was around enough of that stuff for it to not make sense to me. I know all that matters is treating others how I know they deserve, how I would want. Because I am from god I am god. We are already one. I don't need the approval of another man or institution.

Do some Christians agree with this idea that god does not care who is Christian?

Virginia Ekblom likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A Christian one.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The whole thing has always seemed silly to me. God sent his son as sacrifice but the catch is to receive the benefits of the sacrifice you have to believe in the whole Jesus as a savior story?

I understand how Christians make sense of it, because faith is such an integral part of their religion, but it never made sense to me. Sending someone to hell just because they didnt believe Jesus rose from the dead to save humanity, or were never even exposed to the concept, seems kind of petty to me. And I have trouble believing a real God would possess human traits like pettiness.

2 people like this.
  4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Seems to me something like this: in ancient times people projected qualities onto their God of an iron age war lord, only magnified, because he's God.

I also think that any kind of 'enlightened' spirituality would necessarily shun such a being. Ditto stuff like the necessity of a crucifixion, and the whole idea of an eternal hell.

I really don't see how any of it can help humankind as we move into the future. The general idea that we should be nice to people is good - perhaps in the end about all that really can be distilled from it all in any useful way.

I think everyone should be free to pursue their own path on their journey through this life. Freedom from external dogma and control. Organized religions tell you differently.

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

In the Bible in John it says the love of God is observing his Commandments and they are not burdensome also Jesus said the number one commandment was to love God with your whole heart soul and mind

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

There is no hell!

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Hell is a lie that the churches have been teaching for years it's a lie scam

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Hell is a lie that the churches have been teaching for years it's a lie scam

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So where does Satan dwell then, smarty pants, when he was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast there with him!

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

germany probably

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It is a contradiction in terms for an Atheist to adhere to the 10 Commandments by definition because a couple of those commandments involve accepting God, part of the 10 Commandments...

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^ To follow up on that... I get the general gist of what you are saying in the op though, I am just pointing this out as to why/how a Christian may distinguish their adherence to their faith from that of an Atheist being a Good Person.

I suppose a good thing about being an Atheist, these kinds of conundrums don't really enter your mind outside the forums :D

Orison likes this.
  13. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Washington?

14. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Satan has been cast down to the Earth along with his cohorts to mislead the Nations they know their time is short

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Satan no longer resides in the heavens

16. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

So Washington DC and Germany are good answers!

17. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

What kind of god would judge you for not being Christian? Ask Allah, he has the answers you seek.

18. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Misleading the nation's with the media, governments and religion

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is no Satan in Germany, only Irm. ;)

Orison likes this.
  20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

The word is Sheol which has been translated to hell. Which is incorrect. What kind of loving god would make a place called hell where people are tormented forever. Stupid. Stupid to believe in to. Death in the Bible is compared to sleeping. Nothingness