Should Climate Denial Be Illegal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It actually gives those industries the excuse to move offshore to places like China where there are no environmental regulations and they can resort to slave labor at a fraction of the costs.

2. lode

lode Banned

No. Simply placed in the box where it belongs. Alongside Flat-Earthers.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

But that is exactly what has happened.

This pie chart a little bit dated, but not that the ratios would have changed that much

[​IMG]

Anyone in the US wanting to lecture anyone about Climate Change, pffft

Its like being at an overeaters anonymous meeting and having the fattest guy tell you not to eat cheeseburgers

China produces all our crap for us, meh, but as long as we dont see the result, doesnt matter. Go visit China, the friggin pollution in their cities, jeezus

1 person likes this.
  4. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I think there should be a pie chart showing how many pies each country consumes

3 people like this.
  5. lode

lode Banned

I'm pretty sure the US would crush at most pies consumed. We're a large people.

Also you shouldn't take advice to quit smoke from someone dying from lung cancer.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Two wind turbines at a wind farm were talking to each other.

First turbine asks "So what kind of music do you like?"

The second one replies "Oh, I'm a huge metal fan"

3 people like this.
  7. The Walking Dickhead

American pies are bigger so that would have to be taken in to account. Come to Britain and we eat more pies, but tiny little ones that you can fit into your mouth in one bite. I know your desperate dan pies eat our pies for breakfast. America has pies made out of other countries pies.

8. The Walking Dickhead

One of the turbines up on the hill near where I live is into Danzig.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am sure my carbon footprint is no bigger than yours.

10. lode

lode Banned

1 person likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

excuse me while I vent off 30lbs of R22 into the atmosphere... :sleeping:

12. The Walking Dickhead

13. storch

storch banned

1 person likes this.
  14. Pressed_Rat

It actually goes beyond just simple cloud seeding. They're saturating the air with highly conductive metals like aluminum, which make the atmosphere better suited to electromagnetic currants that alter existing weather patterns. But that's just a kooky conspiracy, and I suppose HAARP has never existed either.

2 people like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never heard of climate denial being illegal here in Germany. :unsure:

Unless it's 6 million degrees! Then that'd be illegal if you'd deny that shit. :rofl:

16. Pressed_Rat

Oh trust me, there are people in positions of power who would LOVE to make climate change denial illegal, as well as anything else that challenges institutional dogma.

But the words "climate change denial" are misleading, because most people are aware of the fact that the earth's climate is always changing and always will change.

3 people like this.
  17. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

No, because things that don't even exist cannot enjoy legal protection.

Seriously speaking, the climate may or may not be changing, but in any case I don't care anymore. All the work that has been done to repel climate change has only ended up making my living costs higher, when the new, supposedly greener solutions always cost more than the old solutions, and the results are negligible at best. Let's not kid ourselves, people. You can't maintain the western standard of living without taking a massive shit on the environment. Even the supposedly "greener" electric cars need plastics and rubber to manufacture the parts (a.k.a oil is still needed for them), and the environmentally harmful open pit mines to produce the metals to make the batteries, which by the way will be a pain in the ass to dispose of at the end of their service life due to all the toxic materials contained within.

And do you really think you can power them all by using the most inefficient wind farms and the unreliable solar energy to manufacture the electricity? Yeah, no. That's totally unrealistic. We're stuck with nuclear power for generations to come, like ir or not, because you certainly don't wanna start burning even more CO2 producing coal to replace the lost nuclear plants. And we need energy for everybody, the soon-to-be population of 8 billion people who are all hungry to consume, and who will go to war if they don't get theirs. So let's face it, we've already lost. It's either keep doing what we do now, hope for the best and go down in flames eventually, or go back to the stone ages to live like cavemen, so there won't be any more pollution from the primitive lifestyle. Except, the infrastructure that we've already built won't just disappear overnight, even if we shut down everything right now.

Silencing the climate denialists with the rule of law will not change the fact that the damage done is already irreversible, and destroying the comfortable living standards we have now with some fanatical green ideals will only serve to upset a whole lot of people, which in turn will just create a new set of troubles, perpetuating the cycle.

2 people like this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^obviously the switch would be gradual. Denmark for example hopes to use 100% renewable energy by 2050. Better that we recognize the limitatioms of coal and nuclear energy now and start preparing for future generations.

19. Scratched

Scratched Members

I wonder if climate change was debated back around the time of the ice age...did hell freeze over at that time? Said the New Ager burning there who said "I'm not in hell and I'm not the least bit warm" ( a quote from a comic seen by yours truly in a Playboy magazine many many years ago).

maybe we need to install a giant fan over the earth to fix the global warming catastrophe.
    And we can make the Republicans pay for the fan. hehe

1 person likes this.
  20. Scratched

Scratched Members

I have had a rolling blackout or two...forgot what I was doing lol

Oh yeah, rolling one. :)

1 person likes this.
  21. The Walking Dickhead

I always remember blackouts while they are happening.

22. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

No, of course not. I have the right to express any opinion I choose.

1 person likes this.