Intuition?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Adamskiffle, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Do you usually trust your intuitions or do rely more on logic to figure people out and make decisions etc? Do you find that your intuitions are usually correct or.......something else? In what situations do you either trust or not trust your intuition on stuff?

Let's here it!

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If your brain told you everything it was doing you would probably go nuts

What you think is intuition is mostly your brain calculating a whole bunch of stuff "under the hood" without you being aware of it

Pattern matching, body language, voice, all the senses including smell, matching current scenarios with previous ones.

There isnt really anything magical about it, its just pattern matching in the end

People pretty much lie all the time about every damn thing

2 people like this.
  3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Intuition is the collective unconscious and if we trusted it all the time we'd all be enlightened.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

would we? that would assume we could not on occasion be collectively mistaken.
    i sort of think its been pretty much well established that from time to time we really can.
    as an infant i dreamed that the universe was flat and land wasn't surrounded by oceans,
    and so there wouldn't ever be limits to new places where people could live,
    we could just always explore and build railroads further and wouldn't have to need ships to cross oceans or spaceships to cross space.
    and air was just there because that's just how things were.

too bad that's not the universe we live in. there may be a collective unconscious. maybe we can experience existing in it when we die.
    but the one little mudball we have, with trees making the air we'd suffocate without,
    people are really screwing by imagining just that.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I pretty much disregard my intuition and I'm usually wrong in doing so too. Lol. "Why didn't I just go with my instinct" is a frequently thought of thought for me.

6. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The collective unconscious is the unity of all things including the truth and bullshit which define one another. Sort of a gestalt that only makes sense when you can see the truly Big Picture which only the collective unconscious is capable of doing. Infinite karmic universes converge within the unity of the singular void and it is blatantly obvious that some of us are more enlightened than others and the journey itself can be the reward. Due to the intrinsic symmetry of yin and yang, a universal recursion in the law of identity would express four root metaphors and rudimentary aspects including self-organizing ones where the greater context of the truth itself displays emergent metamorphic effects as if it is alive, growing, and maturing. The minute you think you know the answer, you are wrong and the minute you no longer care about knowing the answers you find the one answer that matters in your own humble acceptance of your mortal fallibility.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think I'm pretty much over trying to "figure people out." :D

In terms of making decisions, I rely more on logic. I can trust my intuition to an extent, but in some situations particularly when interacting with others, I find it's best and/or most efficient to have logical reasoning in taking (in)action for decisions.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All of life has that in common.....mortality......nature's laws.....but not all life have everything in common, particularly humans.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I'm suggesting that what we consider animate and inanimate, alive and dead, simply depends on the context and, ultimately, we have to take it on faith that even we ourselves are alive and have free will. Anything living has to possess its own personal truth and have faith in its personal journey and this applies on both the individual scale and collectively, for example, in the neurons in our brain. The collective unconscious can also be thought of as the greater context of the truth determining its own contents.

1 person likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I trust my intuition when it comes to people. But I trust my dog's intuition more, she has only barked at 3 people her entire life and all three were strange grown men hanging around parks watching children when it was obvious they didn't have kids of their own at the park. Kinda weird, she could work for the police sniffing out child molesters!

My intuition has never really let me down with people either.

When it comes to decision making I usually overly deliberate and prefer logic to intuition

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Logic and intuition are merely two sides of the same coin. Logic is the more brute force digital approach, while intuition is the more subtle analog. By occupying the harmonious lowest possible energy state of the complete system we can leverage both to their full advantage. In other words, its a question of how well tuned your engine happens to be as to how well you can leverage one or the other or both in any given situation, but its impossible not to have both.

12. lode

lode Banned

As a young girl, "trust your intuition" is pounded into your brain.

Trust your logic is not. It should be.

That said a well formed adult should possess both, and use them judiciously. Leaning towards logic when in doubt.

Intuition is inherently a bias of our past experiences. So while learning from them is very useful, it doesn't help us process new information well.

Tags: