Retreating To The "basics"

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by sumadinka, Apr 25, 2017.

1. sumadinka

sumadinka Members

Hi Everyone!

2. sumadinka

sumadinka Members

Live, Love, Laugh!

3. sumadinka

sumadinka Members

I haven't yet but I really really want to. I'm 48 husband is 55, kids gone, and I'm tired of what my son calls "The Machine". The Machine is this world we have created for ourselves of 9-5 (never really 9-5 more like 7-7) job, house, cars, 401k's, insurance, credit cards, etc... Life's too short; I may or may not live into my 80's could only be 70's or 60's or much less but what ever time I have left I do NOT want to spend like this trapped in an office looking forward to the weekend to have a life. I'm not sure how to do it or where to start but I would love to live with a bunch of people out in nature working together (call me crazy but I love physical labor as long as I'm doing it with someone)and I love being outdoors. There are days where I feel like I am going to self combust from the frustration of feeling absolutely and totally TRAPPED! Sorry for my rant.

4. Funmplsguy

Funmplsguy Members

Hi welcome, I'm new too

5. MrSlooooo

MrSlooooo Members

Hi, sumadinka and welcome.

You should start a few topics about your desires for a happier life. There are a few members here who just seem to go around derailing threads by making comical off-topic remarks, (you'll learn who they are soon enough,) but you'll also get a few productive replies mixed in there once in a while. Some parts of the site are pretty active and some are not. Take a moment to glance over the rules, but above all, enjoy yourself here. Most everyone is friendly.

GB

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm also 48. I'm minimalizing in a rather large way.
    I simplified (ha) my life by changing my career, from journalism to massage therapy (and I'm looking at moving to somatic psych). While running my own business is hardly simple, compared to walking into an office, doing my job, and heading home, the peace at the end of the day is deeper.
    I'll be working as long as my body lets me. I intend to be working into my 70s. I plan on teaching 80 percent of the time in those years so my bodywork isn't draining me.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Take a hike,

Seriously.
    I suggest at least 3 weeks of backpacking. You can carry all you need for at least 2 weeks travel before you need to restock.

Backpacking for Beginners

[​IMG]?​