Bill Nye You're Dead To Me

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fueled by Coffee, Apr 25, 2017.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

2. lode

lode Banned

You want to brainwash yourself? Just go to Breitbart or Drudge and look up anything they have on "science".

1 person likes this.
  3. lode

lode Banned

You don't understand what theory means in a scientific context.

Roy Spencer is also a creationist and has ties to the oil industry. All of his papers have been redacted.

https://www.facingsouth.org/2011/09/climate-science-contrarian-roy-spencers-oil-industry-ties.html

Neither Your attacks on Bill Nye or my attacks on Roy Spencer have anything to do with climate change. Read a book.

Also: Who did his web design? It makes Hip Forums look like Twitter.

2 people like this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the title of this thread is to rag and dis on someone for being honest, so i don't see how, making a point of what is observable vs cultural fantasies, is any sort of divergance there from.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL! Nye the science guy.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i do not get my perception of the universe we live in from corporate media, nor religious belief, nor even social interaction,
    so perhaps the nature of the complaint is eluding me.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  9. egger

egger Member

Rebuttal to what Roy Spencer has been positing.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/Pacific-Decadal-Oscillation.htm

excerpt:

"Natural oscillations like PDO simply move heat around from oceans to air and vice-versa. They don't have the ability to either create or retain heat, therefore they're not capable of causing a long-term warming trend, just short-term temperature variations. Basically they're an example of internal variability, not an external radiative forcing. If PDO were responsible for warming the surface, the oceans would be cooling, which is not the case."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Cant wait for a super volcano to spew ashes and dust into the atmosphere.. So this planet turns into an ice ball. Then the cry babies will have something else to bitch about..

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh yeah taking care of the environment is totally a bitch move. Stupid snowflakes wanting clean air and water and shit. Real men want black smog and oxygen tanks!

1 person likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

This week I planted 8 trees, landscaped a football field, a war memorial, collected 30+gallons of plastic waste. .. How many trees have you all planted this week, and what have you done for the environment around you?..

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If the people bitching about people bitching would themselves stop bitching we could cut down all the bitching on this planet by like 50%! Thats a YUGE decrease from our current levels of bitching

15. lode

lode Banned

I take the train into work instead of driving.

Although honestly I only do that because the traffic in downtown Dallas is unbearable. And like $150 a month to park.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've refused to own or drive a car.
    nor generally consume for the sake of trying to impress anyone.
    (not to mention signing a gazillion online petitions and generally supporting public transit)

planting trees is good. collecting plastic waste depends on what is done with it next.
    but its net carbon footprint that matters.

but anyway, what's up with ragging on this guy for being honest?
    if anyone's gonna bitch about changing the subject of the thread,
    well alright, then what the hell is up with the whole reason it was started?

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

who are you referring too? bill nye?,.. I dont know the guy, seen about 60seconds of his work in my life. who fucking cares. nothing he says or does will effect me.. ever.

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I did see the video and it's not a big deal. Sure there does not need to be a song about it but I really don't care if there is. I support transgender people. It's not a mental illness. No one is denying the scientific reasons for gender X and Y chromosomes. People are only saying that those chromosomes do not have define you as a person. If you wish to cut off or add body parts how does that affect me?

To me all of this sounds like a the homophobia of the 90's. Oh no there are gay people the kids are confused. Oh no this man wants to be a women the kids are confused. I think you just need to deal with the fact that some people are not like you. Society is not going to crumble.

2 people like this.
  19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Braindead morons defending this fraud is lulz!!

Yes, gender is a scientifically proven thing. No, Bill Nye is not a scientist but another token tool of the system and its sick and twisted media.

1 person likes this.
  20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

You liked those funky beats and killer dance moves, didn't you?

Actually yes it is. It's called gender identity disorder or GID. Sometimes it's called Gender Dysphoira. It is listed in the DSM as a disorder. Look, you don't need to virtue signal by saying "I support transgender people." The truth may be harsh, but it isn't bigoted. Disorders only have as much a stigma as you are willing to assign to it. Having depression, autism, strong social anxiety, are also labeled and well known disorders which are far more common than transgenderism. Yet people don't have nearly as much issue referring to those as disorders as they do when transgenderism is a disorder. Yes, it is possible to use a disorder like this to weaponize it against someone in the form of an insult, but we shouldn't be hiding the fact that it really is a disorder out of political correctness either. It does a huge disservice to people who really are suffering from gender dysphoria.

Bill Nye is

Here's a clip from his show in the '90s explaining X and Y chromosomes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5z9s_bimnw

And here he is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rayxew89NyE

What do you mean, please explain this 1990s homophobia for me please.

So you think it's OK to tell gay males that their less male than their straight counterparts? How about telling lesbians their less female than their straight counterparts? Maybe you think it's OK for National Geographic to promote the idea that children as young as 4 can identify themselves as transgender and take hormones. By law, they're too young to make permanent decisions like getting a tattoo, but getting irreversible hormone treatment at that age is considered progressive. How sickening. Just stay on that progressive high horse of yours.