Psymon Says Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by psymon*, Apr 21, 2017.

1. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

What up y'all?

The name is Psymon.
    I have been looking for an active oldschool style forum kinda like this. After doing some lurking, I figured this place had an active enough community. And decided this would be a good place to set up camp.

You don't see many online forums like this the way you used to. It seems they've been on the decline since social media giants and Reddit came into existence. One thing that I like about forums is that they don't have your real name easily tied to everything; a smaller paper trail if you will :). Anonymity is sometimes a good thing.

2 people like this.
  2. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

How are you my friend? Welcome.
    I totally agree with you about the anonymity of forums like this one. I'd rather be here than on some social media crap like Facebook or Reddit. Also, people around here are more open and understanding. This forum used to be a whole lot more active. I was away for a few years. I recently returned and was kinda sad to see how many of my old friends left. But it's good to see people like yourself still joining. Welcome!

2 people like this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hi psymon*......Welcome To The Hip Forums.....Enjoy.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  4. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Yeah I've been on huge forums that were as populated and active as a town square. One was shut down because the admin happened to be raided for drug manufacturing, and the server went down forever. The other forum I was a part of died out due to people disappearing and losing interest.

I like being able to speak my mind without having my name tied to everything. Much less having long time friends and extended family deleting me for posting something they don't like. I could go to reddit or 4chan, but the format is confusing.

1 person likes this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Hi Psymon..Welcome to hip..Enjoy! And respect!

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hello. :seeya:

1 person likes this.
  7. nympho man

nympho man Member

Welcome to the forum! This forum is pretty cool!

1 person likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello, Pieman....:p

Just jump right in there...oh, that's right....you have....:D

1 person likes this.