• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted April 20 2017 - 04:43 PM

For truly no reason. Jehovah Witnesses are a peaceful people who just want to practice there religion there are 176,000 Witnesses in Russia the government is going to liquidate all their properties and if they were caught talking about their religion they can go to jail. What an atrocity

#2 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted April 22 2017 - 02:37 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses seems to be a monotheistic sect similar to Judaism , Islam and the Bahai Faith, while taking the bible as its gospel, and Jehovah as the sole object of worship. 

Putin's move seems to be just pure politics, as he is eager to strengthen ties between the government and the Russian Orthodox denomination, and probably banned JW to appease the Orthodox denomination and garner its support. 

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle

#3 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 61,673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 22 2017 - 08:46 AM

but maybe russia believes that kicking them out will save themselves in the eyes of god...and we cant descriminate against that..they are just doing what they think is right 

:rolleyes:

#4 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 07:54 AM

The reason is the Catholic Church who owns Putin.
Russia has banned witnesses before by sending them to Siberia. They can't stop pure and true worship.Attached File  download.jpg   10.84KB   0 downloads

#5 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,275 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted April 23 2017 - 09:09 AM

Don't you mean eastern orthodox church? Catholic church is not the mainstream christian religion in Russia.

#6 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 25,062 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 09:18 AM

Lol wow
such an ignorant person

Edited by Piaf, April 23 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 10:26 AM

Don't you mean eastern orthodox church? Catholic church is not the mainstream christian religion in Russia.

Sorry yes I do mean that. Just used to the Catholic s persecution of JW's

#8 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 20,280 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted April 23 2017 - 04:02 PM

banning anything seldom accomplishes the desired result, but no one can be blamed for not wanting to deal with a useless self serving annoyance. 

even one, whatever it claims to represent or be about.

yes we've all heard of christianity, thank you kindly, have a nice day, elvis has left the building, please move along.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#9 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 20,280 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted April 23 2017 - 04:14 PM

For truly no reason. Jehovah Witnesses are a peaceful people who just want to practice there religion there are 176,000 Witnesses in Russia the government is going to liquidate all their properties and if they were caught talking about their religion they can go to jail. What an atrocity

iran has done the same and worse to baha'is, who's religion began there.

and i'm sure trump and bannon would like to do the same thing to islamist in the u.s.

and will continue to try and change things in such a way that eventually they might be able to.

while it may at times become a terrible thing, its not that unusual of a thing, that some country, will try to repress some belief.

because it is russia, is this supposed to make it a bigger deal?

if i lived in russia of coruse it would be, if i lived in iran it would be, if i lived in egypt and wanted to fallow any belief other then islam, christianity or judaism it would be.

social/cultural martyrdoms, with or without physical ones, and those happen too, terrably, horendously in numerous and diverse example in other places with other beilefs,

are precisely what cause a belief, not to die, but to propigate and spread. 

if early chrisianity hadn't been possitioned in opposition to the roman empire, and all the terrible things it did to try and repress it, there is much cause for doubt, that it would be nearly so common, let alone dominant, today.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#10 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts

Posted April 24 2017 - 11:50 AM

I wonder who the JWs would ban if they held any kind of power?

• Spaceman Spiff likes this

'Delicacy and dignity are taught by the heart and not by the dancing master' - Dostoevsky.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop