Another Flying Car

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Wu Li Heron, Apr 20, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I agree.

Walking in the hills on a summer's day stoned beats flying cars any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BE0eSQMuYk

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Like any tool, flying cars can be considered merely a means to an end. One of their actual hazards is that they may increase tourism in nature and require new regulations just as snowmobiles and other forms of transportation have introduced unique problems. Being able to regulate such things better using gps is simply becoming all that much more necessary over time just like the first automobile accident happened in Saint Louis between the first two cars on the continental US. Simply automating the entire system could prevent perhaps a 100,000 unnecessary deaths a year. Americans in particular are famous for crisis intervention and inventing modern surgery and triage from long familiarity with our own mortal fallibility as well as mother nature.

3. The Walking Dickhead

Exactly. It's bad enough we have to suffer the noise from cars near roads, but if the bastards start flying them around there will be nowhere you can get away from them.

Fuck that.

1 person likes this.
  4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Any substantial privacy is already only for the rich and famous and they ensure the price keeps going up so they don't have to share any. I say eat the rich, but don't choke on your own bile.

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have given this topic more thought. I have seen illustrations of this in SF novels from the 40's.....
    Many of the early SF book scenarios are coming true, but I am kind of not on board with this.....I agree with Walking here......Things might get worse...You would always have to worry about something falling on you.....It would upset birds and their migrations and many would die
    They would have to fly high enough to go over mountains, trees and buildings.........and why aren't we putting our energies into finding ways to run a car not run by oil, instead?
    I think this would just makes things worse.....flying cars everywhere.....

Sometimes too much technology is not such a good thing, and sometimes old fashioned ways of doing things are better.....sometimes.....

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

We need to reclaim our countryside, certainly in the UK there is too much roads and cars.

Cars make our life easier, but they also encourage laziness which makes you ill and then your life isn't easier because you have heart disease or cancer.

I passed my licence when I was 17 and I've never owned a car in my life. I kinda need one now, but I've managed to get by and I walk an average of about 50 miles per week, and I feel all the better for it.

We need to redesign our lives so that we are not so dependant on the car, and our lives will become enriched as a result.

But too many people love their cars, and the thrill of driviing and there are too many assholes with purposely noisy cars there days that need a bang on the head.

No more cars. No more street lights.

1 person likes this.
  7. Moonglow181

Not to mention the people who just throw their garbage out of car windows....I saw broken beer bottles on a country road last week. Shattered glass everywhere....All people are not responsible.

8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Things will get worse causing billions to suffer and die as has happened so often in the past but, the point is, humanity will be forced to reinvent itself as always which, in my humble opinion, is the all important aspect of our humanity which can elevate us overnight when pressed by circumstances or drag us into the gutter. Sometimes we all need a good swift kick in the butt to get motivated simply because we demand it. There can be no doubt that all of civilized history is coming to a head and about to give life to something very different. The collective unconscious is the mind of God that Stephen Hawking seeks which ultimately unfathomable but, should still display a certain amount of supersymmetry revolving around efficiency and creative output and expressing a simple systems logic that is applicable to anything and everything. Either the physical evidence exists or it doesn't but, for over half a century, the growing consensus is it must and simply matching all the patterns for any humble and elegant simplicity should reveal a way to reconcile Relativity and quantum mechanics.

9. Moonglow181

I understand your enlightened optimism. I like you. I am a friend of yours always. You have a way of talking to me and calming me down and making me think....but in this case.....as in many cases...I think of other life always.....When does man stop being selfish for his own personal gain and think of other things?
    My humility asks.....

10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Wonder remains the beginning of wisdom because awareness itself requires humility and faith in ourselves and our personal journey. Doubting Thomas is our ego whispering in our ear, while the collective unconscious laughs off our childish mortal fears. When we no longer make distinctions between who we are and what we are doing we embody poetry in motion which is the lowest possible energy state of the complete system and what everything that exists naturally tends towards as the most efficient and creative state we can occupy. The more we embody the one greater truth the greater our personal truth becomes and all the more enduring because existence itself is creative by definition.

In other words, Darwin had it wrong and sex is never about survival of the fittest, but the most creative with survival simply being a prerequisite for competing for the most creative. Thus, existence itself proves to be both creative and destructive, humble and complex, etc. but a Goldilocks Principle applies to everything or its truth simply ceases to exist. They express the principle of Chi, or the undetectable flow of spirit within the empty void, and Constructal Theory which has been proposed as an amendment to the second law of thermodynamics. Combining both models with a yin-yang interpretation would express a fractal dragon within a broader Mandelbrot pattern where the law of identity goes down the toilet because the two patterns blend into one another. Among other things, it explains the fractal organization of the human mind and brain with the first five pattern matching neurological networks already having been mapped and where it has been noted that, like a black hole, our neurons can convey any mass, energy, and information with the highest efficiency possible for anything their size.

Donald Hoffman is a Game theorist who discovered that if the human mind and brain had ever resembled anything remotely like reality we would have already become extinct as a species suggesting it is, again, impossible to ultimately distinguish reality from the dreamer and both ultimately remain context dependent and indivisible. One implication of all this symmetry of everything revolving around what's missing from this picture is that the good guys tend win in the end because, of course, nature is fundamentally creative and analog and doesn't have to make a damned bit of sense outside of the human heart.

11. Moonglow181

so you understand when the poetry of my soul is with the birds today?

and they all just got louder outside....:)

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Its when you can't get the damned things out of your head that poetry can become cacophony!

Baltimore Ores and baby turkeys have the voices of angels, while whippoorwills, guinea hens, peacocks, and grown turkeys are just noisy.

13. Moonglow181

Noise is also weightless

however annoying it may be

14. The Walking Dickhead

Not true. Noise, or sound is a longitudinal waveform that travels through matter and is also affected by the force of the gravitational pull of the Earth. Therefore it has weight. Weight and mass are not the same thing. Sound also can be measured in terms of mass since it is a measure of energy and according to Einstein's mass-energy equivalence theory E=mc^2.

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonglow181

Walking, I don't understand the physics here, but if I can talk to someone on the other side of the world on the phone and hear their words immediately....doesn't sound travel faster than light here?....as if someone shining a bright light over here from there, wouldn't that light take longer to reach here?

16. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

White noise can assuage the angry silence and the most peaceful silence can be interrupted by loud cacophony. Which is which simply depends upon the context.

17. The Walking Dickhead

Your voice is converted into electronic signals which are encoded into electromagnetic waves. There are different ways in which we can encode information into EM waves and there are different media through which this information can be transmitted. It's all sine waves and cosine waves and polarisation. To explain it in layman's terms, the information is basically added to a sine wave and the sine wave carries it to the antenna/reciever where it is decoded using the necessary encryption.

When people in Europe talk to people in America on the internet and the phone the data is sent through a massive stack of fibre optic cables that run across the bottom of the Atlantic ocean at near light speed. Russia could blow that shit up any time if it wanted to, but it knows if it did America would drop nuclear bombs on Russia, so it doesn't bother.

I used to work in this field, Smith Charts were my favourite thing. Most people who work in RF eingineer don't fully understand them, but trust me they are cool as fuck.

1 person likes this.
  18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Like the horizon, the speed of light follows us in every direction never falling behind until we leave the universe altogether. Tachyons party on their way to Big Bang, their future so bright they all have to wear sunblock and dark shades and the past will never be the same again. Shadows are tachyons or the face of God that none may look upon and remember in all its glory. An oxymoron that is a statistic of one.

19. Moonglow181

cacophony is part of metaphysics.....those particles which have no rhyme or reason, can not be predetermined and are unpredictable. isn't that wonderful, though?
    Sometimes predictable outcomes can be annoying...:D

20. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

A universal recursion in the law of identity would display four rudimentary metaphysics in distinctive contexts. Whether our lives are fated or random or whatever would always remain a mystery to modern science.