Protests, Again. Is Free Speech Possible Anymore?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beutsecks, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't care if people protest or don't protest, that was just my observation.

Personally, and stats and facts will back me up, so I don't feel as if protesting actually accomplishes anything but producing negativite energy localized in one area. A pack of angry assholes that will destroy the environment around them with no conscious effort to conserve or protect anything. Just a mob. Mob mentality.

Tyrants and their minions have marched the same streets we do today in better fashion for their cause than our mobsters do and comply with today.

Just another unpopular observation. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have never marched in protest for anything, as I am not the type for that....but it is no skin off my back if others make time and do that.. Good for them! .Half the population of the US are not sucking Trump's D****....and do not agree with anything he is doing. He will destroy the environment quicker than anyone.
    If you want everyone to roll over and play dead.... and be silent....I am sorry they are not complying to your wishes.

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never wished anything nor asked for anybody to comply with me. Far from it. Perhaps you should go back and read over. :)

All I said was I personally find it ironic that people give up their time to protest and then complain that they don't have money.

That's it.

Pretty fucken simple.

I was then told that most of the protests are held on weekends so people can attend or that people will take time off work (paid leave) to attend the protests.

Going by your logic we may as well applaud all the white supremacy rallies too, after all like you said yourself, good on them for getting out their and voicing their opinions, right?

[​IMG]

I specifically chose this image and white power protests as my argument because I know you have to go all hypocrite with what you said in your initial post. Thus, making your words against me extremely irrelevant and well, laughable.

:)

So when you think about it, a protest only works if you favor the protesting side, right? Like you aren't going to say oh those KKK members need support for their protests, because you don't believe in their cause, yeah? So it's pointless, stupid, why'd anyone do that for?

Why can't I feel the same way about things then?

Is free speech possible anymore? In theory, yes but in reality, as clearly seen here, you make one call that's not popular and all of a sudden look out, people don't agree, and people are hinting personal insults. Lol.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You are free to speak your opinion, others are free to disagree. Your opinion isnt unpopular clearly as there are people here who agree with you, and some who dont agree with you.

Thats how freedom of speech works, everyone is free to share their opinion. There is really no need to take it personally.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyways.

Can't speak for other country's laws but here the KKK is protected by the same freedom of speech laws that protect anyone who wants to gather peacefully to share ideas or voice dissatisfaction.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But why werent the Trump supporters at work?

;)

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They took the day off with paid leave. =p

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Now I used to listen to my grandparents stories where they were fighting for revolutions for their country and took it all out in the streets with marches, hand in hand, ready to die. The people would be murdered over the Wall or pre WW2 agendas and I listen to those stories and I watch the footages and accounts and then I take a look at this day and age and it's like some peaceful protests, cheating on our taxes and letters to the editor is the best that we can do, and to top it off, we can't even galvanize ourselves together to fight the common fight.

C'mon!

1 person likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

10. 6-eyed shaman

They were at work. They were the Antifa disguised as anti-Trump warriors getting paid to make the other side look bad. Remember? ;)

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh good, we wouldn't want people having too much free time away from work! There is no need for anyone to have time to form their own ideas and passions.

In all seriousness all I said was that Antifa's motives and tactics are questionable. They're infiltrating peaceful protests with the full knowledge that their acts of violence will be associated with, and will alienate people from, peaceful anti Trump protests. So it is safe to assume they are not your average moderate liberal. I think they're probably just idiots who want to cause chaos and confusion for the hell of it, but then again...Trump's M.O thus far has been to cause chaos and confusion and Antifa kind of fits nicely into his strategy doesnt it?

I'm not drawing any definitive conclusions, I dont know who they are, don't really care either, the only reason I care at all about them is because so many people are quick to associate them with peaceful protesters, which very well could be their motive.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Antifa is ISIS?

13. 6-eyed shaman

^

Well, they sure dress alike

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, maybe they share a stylist

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You sound a lot like a certain former member

16. 6-eyed shaman

17. 6-eyed shaman

^ I think it actually was TYT who spread the conspiracy theory that Milo Yiannopolous paid these thugs to sabotage his own event. And everyone took that rumor and ran with it. Glad that's finnaly out of the way so nobody could deny who they actually are anymore.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Source.