America Strikes!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

2. Scratched

Scratched Members

I sure don't see your country doing anything about it. You can't even keep the hooded devils from Syria out! lol

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes, I'm personally responsible for that......this all would have been sorted in the 40s if it wasn't for you lot. :toetap05:

China would have something up their sleeves. :D they probably already dug a hole to America by now. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

North Korea in 6 months or less.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Trumps 9 11... or the first of!

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If we're at war it would definitely distract people from Trump's other failed policies, and if we successfully topple the regimes in Syria, North Korea, etc. it would raise his approval rating. To revive a slogan from the 60s, "War is good business, invest your son!"

I'm curious, does Trump have investments in defense contractors like Lockheed Martin and Boeing? "There's money, good money to be made, supplying the army with the tools of the trade!"

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Finally, something I agree on with Trump...oh, wait a second...

2 people like this.
  8. newo

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Correction: the US government doesn't intervene militarily for humanitarian reasons. I know we have humanitarian programs

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Please, there are plenty of asshole countries in the world we don't care about at all.

The US has a vested interest in Syria. America is not a cowboy, it is a banker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/aug/30/syria-chemical-attack-war-intervention-oil-gas-energy-pipelines

1 person likes this.
  11. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought that the poison gas had been removed from Syria?

1 person likes this.
  12. Scratched

Scratched Members

Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I forgot. The United States' only reason for existing in the world is to allow indecent things to run amuck in the world, turn a blind eye to it all, and hopefully they will come here with their nasty junk and turn us all into Muslim robots. Who cares? I shouldn't. And neither should anyone else. I'm sorry Hillary isn't making everyone happy now. I really am. I'm sure any country in the Middle East would welcome people with that mindset, and they would be courteous and delightful with them. I'm sorry. Yes, it's ALL about the money. I forgot that the evil Donald only cares about money. That's why Trump was visibly upset about the children being gassed to death. As long as it isn't any kids of ours, it's all good.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Eh. I started replying but I cant be bothered. You need to do a lot more research. Start with the Arab spring and follow the course of the Syrian civil war and outside involvement. Read the article I posted about the competing pipelines. This isnt about Donald Trump's money, that isnt what I meant. US foreign policy favored intervention in Syria a long time before Donald Trump banned the same children from the US that he now wants to pretend to be sad over.

Also, just as an aside - Hillary Clinton isnt an actual argument. Trump's 180 on his previous position of Syria is now much more closely aligned with Clinton's hawkish stance.

2 people like this.
  14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, but cowboys slaughtered the American Indians and took the land from them here, no?

I guess Donald grew a heart since 2013 over photos and images of the chemically burned people when he urged for Obama not to go into Syria and do anything.
    Obama.....and Michelle...You don't think they had a heart for the chemically burned?...but some people are war mongers...others want to start for peace. Some people realize that anything you do will have consequences of some kind. Some people are more level headed and not act on impulse....
    I don't think someone acting on the emotion of the day is a good fit for a presidential role.

I also remember Donald saying before he got into office..."He could play any role he had to play..."

Sounds like Hollywood acting training to me.

I don't know how he was really affected by the chemical attack images this time.....but I wonder how much he gave those babies any thought at his king sized banquet table while America attacked,.

Why doesn't he care if children have clean air or clean water to drink?

or if future generations have a clean planet to live on?

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Syria was useful to the US as another dictatorship we supported in the third world and its even more useful now that they are dumping oil on the market dirt cheap thanks to their civil war. If I had to guess, Trump and Hilary are complaining that if the price of oil continues to rise it will become worthwhile to invade on the excuse of humanitarian intervention. For the wealthy, anything that raises prices is a humanitarian crisis.

16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, well, at least with Hillary, the EPA would still be standing in tact....medicare and social security would not be threatened and lots of other things.
    I wonder how Bernie would have handled this situation...not that it matters....but too bad he is not the President here.

2 people like this.
  17. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Could this escalate finally into a showdown between Trump and Putin in the end resulting in an all out war !

Anything's possible with these two immatured guys at the helm.

18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Trump has no more choice than Hilary in declaring a humanitarian crisis and attacking. The price of oil is going up which is the worst humanitarian crisis the wealthy can conceive of and my enemy's enemy is my best friend making Putin of no more use to Trump if he keeps providing excuses to invade Syria.

19. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Yea, I'm a stinker.

20. newo

There's been another airstrike on the town which was hit by chemical weapons on Tuesday, though this time it didn't involve chemicals. Meanwhile Russia has sent a warship to the area from which we fired the missiles. This could escalate into another Cuban Missile Crisis, or worse.