America Strikes!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Apr 7, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

As The Onion put it, " US Drops Bomb Capable Of Creating 1,500 New Terrorists In A Single Strike."

3 people like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The onion knows what's up. Truest headline i've seen all day

1 person likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yeah, the Christian god is good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

1 person likes this.
  4. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

I love Carlin. Him and Bill Hicks were the best and most honest comedians that ever lived.

2 people like this.
  5. Scratched

Scratched Members

OK. Lessons learned.

First thing I learned from this site, is that Republicans are pure evil.

Second, is that Religions, even though many have the same doctrines, are all complete bullshit. Total wack. I take it nobody celebrated Easter here, hell why would you?

What is my next lesson? That I need to be a homosexual to be a hippie?

This place is losing its appeal to me very quickly. I thought everyone's opinion mattered and was okay in hip culture. Boy, was I wrong!

Seems it is just as oppressive, but from the other direction. Somehow I feel let down and disappointed. That's pretty convincing in my eyes.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That's kind of harsh man. I've seen plenty of posts critical of the Democrats, Hillary Clinton in particular. I've also seen many people post comments based on their religious doctrine. And no, you don't need to be homosexual to be a hippie. No one is under an obligation to agree with you, however; don't take it personally. If I posted my opinions on a fundamentalist religious forum I would expect to be criticized savagely. In fact, I would expect to be banned. I think you're safe from that here.

7. MyExistentialism

MyExistentialism Members

Thanks for all the comments. Hello, I'm new here. I've only posted a few times. I am MyExistentialism -- Call me Flo, if you want to.
    These are great comments. Main thing is, as usual, we are being lied to by the US government. More lies than ever before. Remember the not-so-old days when the word corruption was used here as applying only to countries, say, in Africa and South America???? Ha.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Oh how convenient, just label any opinions you don't agree with as fake news.

1 person likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol

Satire often hits the nail on the head, it wouldnt be relevant otherwise

10. Scratched

Scratched Members

Sorry friend, but if you're following me you're making a mistake. You better take on the opinion of everyone else if you want to fit in when discussing politics. To most, a passive, wussified America is just the ticket.

When Radical Islam rules here too, there will be many happy folks here. If Kim-Jong Goon doesn't bomb us first. He's trying...oh yeah, I should ignore that. Cover your ears, eyes and mouth and "everything's good".

Drink up the kool-aid, man.

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Fitting in and having a popular opinion is totally over rated

Especially on this site.

1 person likes this.
  12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I agree, we don;'t need to fit in, we are hip forumers!

3 people like this.
  13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When satire becomes indistinguishable from the "respectable" news outlets any distinctions become redundant. Comedians have been complaining for years they have way too much material to work with and can't compete with politics. Conan O'Brian has a regular routine were he merely has his staff record hundreds of talking heads spouting the "news" verbatim as they all read the same crap off the teleprompter using even the same emotional inflections. Merely by presenting the reality of the situation in a broader context he gets big laughs.

2 people like this.
  14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

so now that assad has moved his jets to a russian airbase i suppose the next move in this game is to drop another chemical bomb on his people and wait for trumps response

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

He can't put his entire military on Russian bases and there's no reason Trump has to destroy planes the next time. He knows it, the Russians know it, and if they just keep putting all of their eggs in one basket they make an easier target. Moving his planes to a Russian base is a political move rather than a strategic one.

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter