Stockholm Terrorist Truck Attack!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Apr 7, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

This is the effect you get when terror groups don't rely on centralized leadership and instead encourage disconnected small groups and loners. Once they see an effective tactic that doesn't require a lot of fundraising or advanced talent, you get copycats. You also get them further up the food chain like San Bernardino and Orlando as resources and better weapons come into play. What I don't get is why the Swedish authorities seem to to stumbling all over themselves to avoid calling this what it is. Do they really think Swedes, and the world, are so stupid? Like not talking about it will just make it go away.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The scary part is, how do you combat that? How do you defeat it? End it? Return the world back to stabile? Or are those days over?

4. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

The first step is to quit pretending that it's not happening.

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I don't mean to downplay the atrocities that occur at the hands of fanatics, but are we freaking out too much over terrorism? There are so many more immediate ways in which to die or be injured. For example, in the US alone there were 34,064 traffic fatalities in 2013. Compare that to the 28,300 people killed in terrorist acts worldwide in 2015. I worry more about government's reaction to terrorism than to the terrorist carnage itself. I'm unlikely to ever be directly affected by ISIS, but with the stroke of a pen the power-hungry politicians in Washington can further restrict my fundamental freedoms or do something stupid overseas that gets us into WWIII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2015/257526.htm

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Actually I don't think we are freaking out enough.

Terrorist attacks are the new normal. Notice how fewer and fewer people are interested in talking about this kind of thing. Zero mention of the terrorist attack that happened in Russia a week earlier.

7. 6-eyed shaman

No terrorist attacks in Japan. They aren't taking any refugees. Cause and effect.

1 person likes this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Nor was there any mention of the five children the US loses on average to child abuse and neglect every day. In 2014, state agencies identified an estimated 1,580 children who died as a result of abuse and neglect. This is just one example of something that is, in my opinion, far more concerning than terrorism.

https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse-statistics/#emotional

9. 6-eyed shaman

The difference is that terrorism is much more preventable at a statewide and nationwide policy level than child neglect and abuse.

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

^Not sure I can agree with that, but I guess it would be hard to prove one way or another. Just take the kids away from abusive parents and get rid of this stupid idea about keeping families together would be a simple way of reducing child abuse, but how to prevent people from becoming radicalized I have no idea.

11. 6-eyed shaman

I see what you're saying. But a better way to reduce child abuse would be to stop taking kids away from loving parents who give their ill children Marinol and medical marijuana edibles to fight their illnesses, and sending these kids to fucked up foster parents who abuse them. While there's lots of abuse from biological parents here and there. I do not trust the state to have the best judgment in reassigning parents to children. Thankfully abortion is an option for people who know they'd make shifty parents.

Domestic terrorism on the other hand is much more manageable. Why doesn't Japan or Korea have much terrorism problems? Because they don't meddle in the Middle East, or take in illiterate refugees out of the kindness of their hearts.