Cats And Procrastination

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Bilby, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

First of all I do not dislike cats per se. However, I noticed that when I had a cat that I was procrastinating. Then I thought about it many people I can think of who have cats are also procrastinators. I have seen claims on the internet that people who have cats make less visits to the doctor. Maybe it is because they are living their lives in 2nd gear.
    What does anyone else think?

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

The only time you will see a cat is if it's not moving. The rest of the time you might catch a fleeting glance.

3. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

This brought to mind a saying of a saint called Nataraja Guru...

'When a beautiful fat housecat rolls in the sunlight, that is Yoga.'

Eckhart Tolle has also claimed cats to be natural zen masters.

I don't think people who own cats are procrastinators, just maybe people who live more in the moment and take time to see the sunset, full moon, the stars or the trees instead of completely ignoring them and living in their own private mental worlds.

2 people like this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Cats are the greatest procrastinators

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Procatstination?

3 people like this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This brings me back to my theory that cats are extraterrestrial beings, Douglas Adams was wrong it isn't mice, it's cats.

I was going to write a book about it, but I keep putting it off.

However, I did notice today that my white cat is turning pink. My wife claims he was rolling in some dirt, perhaps red clay or a fine loom, but I contend he got singed re-entering the atmosphere after one of his nightly orbits about the Moon.

[​IMG]??

4 people like this.
  7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Since tonight is supposed to be the Pink Moon...your kitty could very well "show his color" tomorrow :D

2 people like this.
  8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I promise when I lived elsewhere, and had another life (my own life, with my son)...I was not a procrastinator.

I kept a totally clean house...it was practically sterile! At work I wasn't able to procrastinate because of the nature of what I did.

Now...well, I've discussed it enough for everyone to know that "clean" and "sterile" don't describe my current environment. lol

BUT it is NOT because of my cats. lol In fact, the single one thing I never procrastinate on is keeping their litter pans clean.

When I worked FOR MONEY, I never procrastinated. Now I work - it just isn't for money.

2 people like this.
  9. fundoo

fundoo Members

I am quite the procrastinator. I am quite the cat lover. But I don't have one in the house. Personally, I think that makes me less productive. haha!

don't blame the cats!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

I live with cats and I am a shameless procrastinator. I don't blame the cats I blame my natural laziness and innate disorganization.

1 person likes this.
  11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I've noticed that cats tend not to procrastinate when dinner time comes around.

2 people like this.
  12. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

On a very simplistic level, yawning is contagious, being around someone who is tired is contagious.

Cats are largely nocturnal and we are diurnal, If you have a cat in the house then you are constantly around a creature who is either sleepy or asleep.

It's not exactly invigorating.

1 person likes this.
  13. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

My youngest cat (the killer) keeps me up all night if I let her in my bedroom. No wonder I'm a procrastinator. I never remember to close that danged door.

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you don't respect how a cat feels about something, they certainly will not respect how you feel about anything, either. Sounds like me, too...no wonder I always thought of myself as part cat.

1 person likes this.
  15. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have known people who loath cats but appreciate an awesome sunset, like the kinds we have where I live.

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Nah, cats are basically loveable psychopaths!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Cats never hesitate to procrastinate and can hurry up and wait with the best of them and are particularly famous for their cat naps. Which is why Schrodinger was surprised to discover cats had nine lives and can even be alive and dead at the same time. The reason why is simple, the Cheshire Cat might agree with a grin, when your mind and body tend to wander hither and yonder living their dreams. We are spirits in the material world and what is reality and what illusion often fails even modern science.