Loudspeakers.

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Bilby, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

The Groundhogs made me deaf !

http://youtu.be/aTy_EEw-fl0

1 person likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I'm not deaf. :)

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

WHAT ? [​IMG]?

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]?​

5 people like this.
  5. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Try muting your computer and watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8XH4WDxP4

C/S,
    Rev J

3 people like this.
  6. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

I may be a child of the 80's but I agree with the old timers that nice stacked systems are awesome to play any kind of music through. In the 90's, smaller systems and boomboxes seemed to be all about boosting the bass just enough and those depended on the volume and quality of the system. I'm usually rocking AKG headphones but when I want to fill the air with music, it's either my Beats Pill or my Amazon Echo.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I had the luck of an older brother who was into music tech.
    Eventually, I worked my way into sound techies, putting my elementary through high school extra curricular education from said brother into use.

We used monitor speakers, because we'd rebuilt them, with the stereo. Heavy, so much so that as a kid, I never moved them. (Today I move speakers to fill certain parts of the room)

I appreciate good headphones/earbuds. I appreciate a speaker that allows warmth and carry to a room.
    I occasionally have guests, or a night of solo dancing and hula hooping, and I do turn it up, some. I'm aware of my neighbors and the hour. I use a sound meter at the door and adjoining wall.

8. springsound

springsound Members

I still love to listen to loud music, even though I am gradually losing my hearing because of it. It's in the car mostly but also at home with headphones.
    My 30 year old sound system finally gave up the ghost. I still have about 1700 albums but I need to unload them soon. Started collecting in the seventies; bought my latest one about two years ago new for 37.00 CDN. Eric Clapton Unplugged. It's still in the wrapper. We're still buying the odd CD too, but that needs to stop soon.
    I like U Tube now. It's handy and I still turn it up on my headphones.

9. carlo dee

carlo dee Members

It's really nice that we can now get great sound quality without needing high volume, and I definitely take advantage of that. But sometimes I need the physical-ness of playing loud music through speakers. Like Jerry says, "let there be songs to fill the air..."

10. MthrNatrQn17

MthrNatrQn17 Members

I love blasting tunes.im 39 and will probably play music loud forever.especially Moody Blues, Blues Project,and I love blasting Pink Floyd's, Welcome to the Machine loudly!the acoustic guitar makes me have chills!god,i love music!! ;)

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't do headphones or earbuds (thank god for my neighbours!) :cheers2:

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I love my sub woofers but I can't stand the people who drown out their music with it. That's very common with younger genres of music like Dubstep. and rap They have no understanding of sound engineering. If it makes the car shake apart it must be good are you not impressed ladies? :wall:

1 person likes this.
  13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I just think the car is cheap to be coming apart.

What gets me is hearing the cones dying as a basser car goes by. If you love your sound that much, get the best speakers.

14. Scratched

Scratched Members

...So what if they move and new ones move in?

we'll see Asmo scrambling to Walmart for which...earbuds or headphones?

Or get daily visits from the police haha

15. Asmodean

Every once in awhile a neighbouring student moves out and a new one comes and I'm indeed wary of the possible consequences.
    I do have a police warning in the hall near the front door that says my sound system will be taken next time they have to drop by for noise complaints but it is at least 4 years old :) So yeah, im happy. Not many people can do this in or near the city center.
    But I would lower my volume after serious complaints, not buy headphones. Strongly prefer listening through loud speakers

No Walmart in my country btw, but coincidently I did aqcuire my first item from Walmart this month lol (my brother visited the US and got me a t shirt)

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^....I Didn't Realise You Were Still A Student.......What Are You Studying At 35..???... :)

Cheers Glen.

17. Asmodean

Nothing anymore. Just living in a street with about 50% students. Looking for a bigger place but its still real fun here and not to mention rather cheap so I'm not that much in a hurry :-D