We Are Witnessing The End Of The Republican Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

At least not with the current "winner takes all" electoral system we use. I've often wondered if the US House Of Representatives should be chosen in a similar manner as the UK House Of Commons, with minor parties getting a few seats. That way, in order to govern, a coalition would have to be built. Thoughts?

2. Scratched

Scratched Members

The problem with the Republican Party started before Obama. Obama created some problems with the identity of the Democratic party in some sectors.

Bush regime fucked up the Republican Party. He didn't pave the way for future Republicans to take over. Handed out checks to families in summer of 2007 to keep the economy afloat til he left.

His and his dad's actions hurt their party, thus creating the Tea Party. It's unspoken, but the emergence of Ron Paul is what truly started the Tea Party. and his predictions were right.

The fact that there has been a "Power Division" in the party is why it's dying. This is why the public brought Trump in. He wants good things for the country, knows the flawed system on both sides, and is stuck in the middle of their Mess now. Washington has too many lobbyists, too much corruption and deadweight. This is what has stalled Trump, the reluctance of that deadweight to budge. That dead weight, is both parties. I don't believe much can save us, unless the people take up slack. I know that's controversial, but right now "We the People" care much more than those 535 cronies and their DC lobbyists. Our Government is in a mosh right now.

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The problem is that some in society (mainly from the right but the left also) have pushed the idea that peoples woes are the fault of the ‘government’ and the ‘establishment’ it’s often seems to be a kind of scapegoating and misdirection to hide the fact that their policies are the real problem. In England the ‘EU’ and the ‘Westminster Establishment’ was used instead.

Keep telling people these things and many are not going to look deeper they are just going to believe what they are told.

In the UK it has led to whole insane tragedy of Brexit and in America the madness of first the Tea Party and now Trump

These things have and will not make things better they have just taken a bad situation and made it far, far worse.

To me people should stop accepting simplistic answers like its all the fault of some abstract entity – the ‘government’ or the ‘establishment’ - and actually start looking at the policies and ideologies that are the real problems.

And if they don’t some will use the coming shit storms to their advantage and will take the worse situation and turn it into something horrific.

I mean hey if democratic government isn't working maybe we should try something else, like Trump has said Putin's Russia seems to be doing fine... it might be good to have just one strong man in charge.. i mean what could possibly go wrong...

2 people like this.
  4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I think the reason that Republicans don't care about global warming is because when the coasts get flooded beyond repair that would eliminate a majority of the Democrats.

5. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The republican party strategy is Three Stooges Neverending Armageddon. They declare war on anything and everything including each other and forty years of studies have concluded they organize along the lines of a flock of chickens, which means, they are merely organized according to who has the best memory and knows who to attack and who to avoid. Until something seriously bites them in the ass they'll just keep attacking it like any parrot pecking away at their own reflection in a mirror. For republicans, the question is not whether to attack the entire planet and ecology, but when and how. Some want to get it over with faster than others with one of their more popular presidential hopefuls suggesting we attack and invade half a dozen countries and speed things up a bit.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No it to flood the coasts.

7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I think you give republicans too much credit for actually knowing what they want.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

they are smart enough to fool half the country...if anything i give half the country too much credit.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The country just elected Donald Duck president only because its illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse in the state of Maryland. You can't fool somebody who is too stupid to be fooled.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Or maybe they fooled one smart HFer.

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The French are famous for their existentialist angst, while Americans are famous for reality TV precisely because anything remotely like sanity and reality are not things America is famous for.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

French are famous for fries
    Americans are famous for Apple pie.

13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I tell people I'm American and fruity enough, but working on becoming a vegetable.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I could become Jamaican

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Pot is weed that doesn't bear fruit making it a vegetable explaining why Jamaicans who live in the fruit bearing tropics can be even fruitier than Americans, but only in specific ways.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

You are taking the "you are what you eat" thing a bit too far twinkie.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't think we're witnessing the end of the Republican Party; I think we're witnessing the end of old school Conservatism.

I see the GOP going back to its more liberal-minded roots. Liberalism isn't some dirty word used to describe the modern political left; it's an ideology based on liberty. And the idea of liberty--of freedom, justice, equal rights, and responsibility--is what this country was founded on. The notions put forth in our Declaration of Independence from Great Britain were so radical, that even in 2017 we're still trying to wrap our heads around them and accept the fact that our Constitution was written for the benefit of all Americans. It seems we've been under the belief that, say, because Jefferson didn't mention gays or women or religious minorities or whomever, that they were somehow excluded. But what we're starting to learn is that the Founding Fathers didn't mention specific groups, because no one was excluded. And the more dominoes that fall in that category, the weaker the Social Conservative foundation becomes; it's going to crumble.

Unfortunately, Conservative/Republican and Liberal/Democrat are terms used interchangeably, which is incorrect. So, in essence, the GOP will continue to be around as long as there are people who want maximum individual freedoms with minimal government interference.

If anything, I think we're going to see the rebirth of the Republican party.

18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Only in the eyes of modern science which has yet to recognize just how idiotic their own causal views are because they have yet to establish the Big Picture that logic itself revolves around bullshit, or what's missing from this picture. Academics can deny their own slapstick all they want, but you are what you is and dats all it tis and fruits are merely one of countless metaphors that explain the human condition.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Some modern science is the same as old science.

20. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, the money and gun do most of the talking worth listening to.