Tsa Screening Children

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 28, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The following is a FB post from Jennifer Williamson of Texas, dated March 26. She claims her juvenile son was detained for over an hour by TSA agents, causing them to miss their flight. He has something called Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) which, according to Ms. Williamson, made this a traumatic experience for him.

This story kind of hit a nerve with me. I have a 10 year old nephew who is autistic and this would have been disastrous for him. Situations that might simply be inconvenient for an adult are intolerable for him. I've seen him flip out in public and it's horrifying.

Do you think these agents be screening kids in this way? Should profiling be implemented to keep this kind of thing from happening? How should special needs children be approached?

Ms. Williamson's post:

https://www.************/jendemirecs/videos/10211987965953063/

Article from The Dallas Morning News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/transportation/2017/03/27/mom-says-tsa-agents-dfw-airport-traumatized-son-horrifying-security-check

2 people like this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Thieving Sexual Assailants

Even as someone who has worked as a bouncer, I have zero respect for TSA officials. Their security protocols are over the top, and downright intrusive. They don't give a shit if you miss your flight. And some have been known to steal money, jewelry, and iPads. They don't stop terrorists either. Chemical engineers have proven in a YouTube video that you can build a bomb out of supplies found at an airport gift shop and restaurant.

1 person likes this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I have zero respect for the parents that allowed it! No way would i agree to that, then post it on the www for no end of perverts to see!

When are some people going to learn?

Stupid parents, there are laws governing the safety of kids!

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

You tube is full of this! Why are they posting these kids on Feb and yt, and not taking it further?

It's disgraceful! There should be people coming together and taking it further!
    I know kids are used to carry stuff, but this is way too far!

5. 6-eyed shaman

Because the parents would face being arrested for intervening airport security. It's a lose lose situation. Airport security was just fine pre nine-eleven

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Well it needs changing!

Is there a check these people have to take, before they can touch children?
    I would want to see it!

But as for parents posting these vids! How stupid!

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I assume parents are posting these videos so the world will know what is taking place in hopes that positive change will come of it

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But yeah this pisses me off. There is no reason to detain a child.

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well I can understand the need for security and all that jazz...
    BUT!!!!
    if we check this chart than statistically the current TSA fear is utter bullshit.
    https://aviation-safety.net/statistics/period/stats.php?cat=H2
    They weren't stinking their fingers in peoples ass's in the 1960-70-80's, so what is the reason/justification now??????

ps, we saw more "terrorist" activity in the early '70's with on average a bombing a week, most of it domestic groups, so again, what the hell is the justification now????

4 people like this.
  10. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I couldn't watch the whole thing. How many times was he going to touch the boys arms/armpit area???
    I would have stepped in...no one needs to touch my 10 year old like that!

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i guess they could have asked all the other passengers on that flight if they would consent to letting one passenger bypass security and not be subjected to the same screening as they were

but we all know what the outcome of that would be...

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Take a car, bus, train, or boat!

1 person likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt watch the video because i really cant deal with anything involving kids in pain or discomfort, but could someome tell me what happens in it? Do they search anything below the belt and under the clothes? If TSA ever tried to search below belt/under clothes with my child I would have to just take my child and walk away from the flight. And call the agent a pervert on my way out.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

basically the kid gets a regular pat down and looks just fine

then they cut to an interview with a protective over reactive bitch of a mother who obviously coached the kid into going along with stupid wasteful complaints

btw the tsa agent didnt go down his pants...they have to check seams...he checks every seam on the guys clothes just like he is supposed to....

the young guy would have had an easier time if his mother hadnt acted so stupid and aroused suspiscion...plus the dont forget the boys laptop set of the explosives detection before they decided to search him

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

america would have never tolerated a tsa before d.b.cooper. that's why his stunt was pulled.
    and what has this so called hightened security actually prevented or detered?
    sure there's a risk to not doing this crap, but everything is a trade-off
    and you have to ask yourself how much is what worth,
    how much have we thrown away for how much, if anything, have we gained?

16. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

The US feds need to get training from the Israeli Defense Forces. Their security does a marvelous job and is far less intrusive.

17. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

TSA is a farce and always has been. They pat down children, old ladies, handicapped people (even asking someone in a wheel chair to stand up) It's ridiculous and has not worked and never will the way it is. Have you seen the bafoons that do the screenings?

I haven't flown in about 7 years and don't intend to fly again if I don't have to. The whole experience sucks.

1 person likes this.
  18. 6-eyed shaman

You could replace those X-ray machines and invasive patdowns with dogs that are trained to sniff for explosives. And it would've been a fraction of the cost of this hardware and human power to do all this. At least dogs don't sexually assault.

19. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Flying is a glorified bus ride. People used to get dressed up to fly. Now you're lucky if the slob sitting beside you had a shower that day.

1 person likes this.
  20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Last time I flew, there was a woman in her pajamas on the plane. :unsure: