Usa And Uk Your Nn Longer Allowed To Carry Your Laptop On The Plane

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Mar 22, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm pretty sure you won't be traveling from affected nations.

3. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

OMG, what ever will I do without being able to
    play solitaire or some other lame game on a flight?

This is archaic!

I will have to talk to the person in the seat
    next to me. I won't even be able to text!
    I will look out the window longingly, dreaming
    of what use to be, the days when I could work on a plane.
    Wondering when the plane will land so that I can
    communicate with people again on my laptop.
    Now all I can do is take part in the miracle of flight
    and sit in a chair in the sky.

Archaic!

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The terrorists have won! Next they'll be putting bombs in our cellphones and condoms and waiting lines at the TSA will take four hours to get through!

Anyone interested in a cavity search? Who will watch the watches looking up our asses!

5. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I can totally see the logic in this, because it's much harder to hide a bomb inside a laptop that's in your luggage.

1 person likes this.
  6. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

Don't forget about detonators.
    Checked baggage, if there is a bomb
    The handlers are likely to set it off, what with how gentle they are.
    barometric pressure Can also effect the bomb detonating.
    When the detonator (bomber) and bomb are together on board
    The odds of success are higher, Last two flights to blow up
    Were from carry on devices, one of them was a laptop.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I read books on an aeroplane.

Life not affected.

:)

2 people like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It wouldnt be anyways, you're not from Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan..am i missing one?

So you can bring your laptop while your Saudi Arabian seat mate must stare in jealousy at your laptop and read a book

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

EWhats with Lebanon and Jordan anyways, i wasnt aware these countries were hot beds of terrorist activities

10. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

Hezbollah operates out of Lebanon
    Jordan has a lot of terrorist activity as well
    Especially during festive occasions.
    Jordan has also been accused of sponsoring
    Terrorist groups in Syria.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Reason I've never used a laptop on a plane is, the battery runs out quickly plus the dorks that do use them, always seem to be these high class wannabes way higher in life than anyone they sit next too. Fucken chords everywhere getting the shits when they have to move they little important computer project to eat a bread roll and served food.

Just as bad as the asshole who expect to read a 3 yard newspaper spread open.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah really, just buy a shitty chick lit book from the airport bookstore like the rest of us peasants

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I actually like airport book stores.

I was disappointed with them in USA though. I thought they'd carry a lot more.

14. The Walking Dickhead

This is all just for show, something for the media to spin. Make it look like they authorities are doing good work to keep the Western democracies of the world safe from the bad muslims.

If you want to blow up a plane, just plant a bomb in your suit case then detonate it via your mobile phone, which you are allowed to take in to the cabin. Or alternatively just put it in your pants and blow yourself up if you get caught going through the security check.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous hide a box cutter in your pants and use it to hijack the plane then fly it in to a skyscraper.

1 person likes this.
  15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Airport security is crap anyway...

Might have mentioned this before, i carry on board a little fridge for insulin, it's metal, used in some countries to carry drugs! It is exactly the same as any fridge, has a relay and everything...Never last year, on a total of 8 flights, did anyone ask what was in it, or anything..Amazed me..I asked the steward where i could plug it in, he said he had never seen one before, and couldn't allow it..Lost my meds, but..What crap!

1 person likes this.
  16. The Walking Dickhead

All security is crap. it's only there for show.

Few years ago Madonna played in Murrayfield near where I used to live in Edinburgh, so I went along with a rucksack packed full of beer and extra jackets to sit outside and listen.

I got lucky though and someone came up to me and just gave me a free ticket! So I went in, ticket was for the seating arena however I tried to blag my way in to the standing area. The guy checking tickets just asked me, you got a ticket for the seating area but you want in the main bit? Aye on you go..

The entire place let me walk in with a 25L rucksack packed full, without a single person even asking me what was in it.

Might have been different if I'd had brown skin though.

A few years before that, in 2006 I saw Madonna play AJAX in Amsterdam (I helped build the stage, local crew so that's two Madonna stadium gigs I've got in for free). The day it happened though, because some Christians were offended by the Crucifixion scene, protesting outside and stuff, a local priest was arrested and charged for making a hoax bomb threat to try and get the gig stopped.

Makes you think.

1 person likes this.
  17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

every picture I have seen of Lebanon since I was a kid looked like recent pics of Aleppo.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Try a google image search, it looks like a beautiful mediterranean country

But i do know they've seen quite a bit of war in recent history which i'm sure is what you saw in pictures

I've just always thought of Jordan and Lebanon as two of the more modern, moderate countries in the region

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol

So according to you it would be just as safe without any security at all? I mean it's all crap and for show, right?

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They are, but that doesn't mean such countries can't still contain a shitload of extremists and/or terrorists at the same time.
    Jordan worked together with the dutch airforce that bombed IS. All dutch planes were stationed and took off from there