14 replies to this topic

#1 thinking_food

thinking_food

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:05 AM

Hi everybody,

I´ve been thinking for quite some time if I should post here.

My wife and I have been nudists at home for the past 6 years. Now, 3 years ago our first daughter was born, then 1 year ago we got our second daughter. (Women rule in my house ;) )

Since our daughters were born we stopped being nude at home, but now we would like to start again. Trouble is I dont really know where to start...maybe this sounds dumb but I really dont. Do we just start going nude from one day to the next? Idk.

Any advice or comments on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Pat

#2 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:40 AM

Why did you stop because you had babies?

#3 thinking_food

thinking_food

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 04:57 AM

Thats a good question. I dont really have an answer for that.

After they were born we just stopped, but idk why. Not because of a specific reason....we just did.

#4 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted March 20 2017 - 05:06 AM

I think if your not shy in front of the kids, what's the problem?

Do they go in and out the bathroom, bed room while your naked?
If so, then what's the problem?

#5 thinking_food

thinking_food

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 05:07 AM

I know there isnt a problem.

Im just wondering how to approach it. Should I just ask them if they would like to start being naked at home from now on?

#6 Daretobare

Daretobare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 09:05 AM

Kids are natural nudists as you have probably already noticed being a parent. At their ages Id say start introducing them into it by having an open door policy. Such as showering and changing in the bedroom. They have no hangups about you seeing them at that age im sure. You already do. Your concern is them seeing you. When questions are asked, which thet will. Your honest, you explain that nudity is fine but inappropriate touching isnt. You also explain not everyone condones it and it is only appropriate at designated places.
  • thinking_food likes this

#7 nudony

nudony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted March 24 2017 - 10:25 AM

I think you may be overthinking it.  Maybe you have some misgivings about "suddenly" being nude in front of your kids?

Daretobare mentioned kids being natural nudists.  At that age, they do tend to embrace it rather easily. 

For me it was easy: I never stopped being a nudist after my daughter was born.  But I do have a friend who started a little later; when her son was about 4.  She decided to wanted to try home-nudism, asked me for advice; and I gave her several options based on my experiences.  She was concerned about just "suddenly" being completely naked in front of her son, so the option she chose was "open doors" as Daretobare mentioned; which some regard as a more subtle way to introduce nudity at home.   

So she started doing that; and as she was taking her morning shower with the door open, her son walked in.  Her initial reflex was to try to hide; but she fought against it and continued showering.  When she came out of the shower she found that her fears were unfounded; although curious about this "new state", her son didn't seem particularly unsettled by her nudity.  So she continued getting ready in the bathroom while her son just patiently hung out with her.

Once her fear of the situation being uncomfortable was dispelled, she decided to take it a step further.  One following evening while her son was bathing, she decided to undress in the bedroom; checking in on him nude while he bathed.  At the end of his bath she asked him if he wanted to stay nude after his bath; and he enthusiastically agreed.  And so they hung out nude together the rest of the evening.

It had literally been THAT easy.  And from the stories I've heard from other parents, that's typically how easy it is.  

• Daretobare likes this

#8 Chuckles1230

Chuckles1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 06 2017 - 02:49 PM

It baffles me why people think they have to explain everything to kids--especially really young ones, who are not likely to understand the explanations at their age anyway.  Just do it.  If the kids have questions, answer those when they ask.

When I was small, we had a privacy fence in the back yard, and my dad was naked out there for everything in the summers from sunbathing to working out to grilling steaks.  My mom was always dressed, but nobody explained anything to me--nor did they need to.  I knew Dad went naked summers and Mom never did.  What's to explain?

It is no different than changing the furniture around in the living room.  Would you feel a need to explain that to young kids?  My house was much like my parents:  I went naked a lot in the house when the kids were growing up, but my wife did not.  No explanation.  It was not a problem until my daughter hit puberty, when she became embarrassed by any nudity in the house.  My son and I acceded to her wishes and we kept clothes on when she was around (I encouraged sleepovers at her friends then, so we would have at least some nude days).  The way I see it, until the kids comment or question, there is no problem.

#9 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 17,528 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted April 06 2017 - 02:54 PM

It baffles me why grown adults want to be naked around children.

But that's none of my business.

:)

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#10 Chuckles1230

Chuckles1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 06 2017 - 03:03 PM