2 replies to this topic

#1 The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead

Pie Fingers

• PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 17 2017 - 01:38 PM

I thought cool musics videos at first, but I was looking for another word, then I thought sick and bang there it was; the edgiest forum thread title in the world.

I don't want to come across like a pervert or anything, I was just having a YouTube party and a search algorithm threw this M83 video at me.

Little children with TK powers, and a nice song from M83 the french DJ too. I gave up on M83 after I didn't hear any good new choons from him following the 2007 album "Saturdays = Youth" which had a few nice dream pop/nu-gaze tracks on it.

The video made me think of some earlier music videos that used children in them in nice ways that were a bit arty and meaningful, and maybe a bit controversial too as some of them portray sexuality, you can judge for yourself. Beautiful and harmless, but still there.

Other cool music videos with children in them. This one parallels with Midnight Sun.

Glosoli by Sigur Ros (which means glowing sun I think) is a really powerful video, but what does it mean? I think it's a metaphor for lucid dreaming and astral projection, see the end of the video for more elucidation on what I think I mean. Beautiful Icelandic landscapes and children.

Edited by The Walking Dickhead, March 17 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#2 The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead

Pie Fingers

• PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 17 2017 - 01:39 PM

This one reminds me a bit of Sparkle Motion from the film Donnie Darko. Sits uncomfortably, and is a good track by a great band who really do the modern alt-pop scene justice with their decadent brand of contemporary psychedelia, more their early stuff though? Time To Pretend is a real classic, best song on an album where every other song is also really good.

This one is really arty. Haven't heard of them since this album in the late noughties. I think they are a fashion company based in London (and probably Berlin) and they decided to make an album, I'm glad they did. A bit grey perhaps, judge for yourself.

What other pop videos are there with children in them?

Do you like pop music videos?

I like pop music.

Pop music is just alternative music before the rest of the world heard it.

Edited by The Walking Dickhead, March 17 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#3 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 09 2017 - 02:45 PM

3i6eiPI.png?

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company