6201020: Commonly Unseen Lcd Bezel Technology

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by maryzhu, Mar 15, 2017.

1. maryzhu

maryzhu Members

I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on commonly unseen LCD bezel technology. After reading, I became interested in LCD bezel technology, so I searched some related information about this topic, but to my much disappointment, it is not specific at all. Today, I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my following understandings:

LCD panel can be a large extent to determine the brightness of the liquid crystal display, contrast, color, viewing angle, the rapid development of the LCD panel LCD panel and LCD display has a very close contact, its production, the pros and cons and the market Environment and other factors are related to the liquid crystal display their own quality, price and market trends, because a liquid crystal display about 80% of the cost are concentrated in the panel.

[​IMG]

LCD Bezel Technology:

1, Wide viewing angle technology

Viewing angle is small, in a larger angle when the screen will be pale, contrast and color performance are poor, so that the LCD TV is not suitable for home use. Wide viewing angle technology is not only related to the LCD viewing angle, but also a direct impact on the LCD panel response time, brightness and other performance parameters, so the major manufacturers are constantly improving wide viewing angle technology.

At present, LCD TV mainstream wide-angle technology are: Hitachi's IPS technology, the use of space thickness, friction intensity, horizontal electric field drive changes to liquid crystal molecules for a substantial degree of plane rotation angle; Samsung PVA technology, Fujitsu's MVA technology, Sharp's CPA technology is basically similar to the use of liquid crystal molecules in the two-way tilt to significantly shorten the response time, change the alignment of liquid crystal molecules to make a wider perspective; Panasonic OCB technology, it is light compensation birefringence method, reducing the power state of liquid crystal Molecular deflection angle; NEC's ExtraView technology, an increase of viewing angle; modern FFS technology, the use of a transparent ITO electrode to improve the light transmittance. Although these technologies are mainly to improve the viewing angle, but the shortening of response time, color performance, contrast improvement is also included in these technologies. Through these technologies continue to improve and application, and now the mainstream LCD panel on the market viewing angle has reached 170 degrees, has not been affected from different angles to watch the impact, there are some ultra wide-angle products to reach 178 degrees.

2, Rapid response technology

One of the shortcomings of the early LCD panel is the response time is too long, which will cause the mobile screen when the screen appears on the phenomenon of smear, which in the past is a serious problem with the development of LCD TV, in the purchase of LCD panel, Time has also become an important indicator. However, with the development of liquid crystal display technology, response time becomes shorter and shorter, the current mainstream LCD panels have reached 8ms. Now the main fast response technology has been driven technology and black screen insertion technology, there is a little special is the current wide viewing angle technology to increase the viewing angle while also reducing the response time.

The overdrive technique reduces the response time by increasing the drive voltage. Liquid crystal molecules each state of a stable corresponding to a certain voltage. When the voltage on the electrode changes, the liquid crystal molecules are not immediately rotated to the target state, but after a certain response time to achieve this state, the higher the voltage, the faster the molecular rotation. In the early liquid crystal display, the driving voltage applied to the liquid crystal molecules was the corresponding voltage of the target state. The overdrive technique is that the applied voltage is slightly higher than the target voltage at the beginning, so that the liquid crystal molecules rotate faster, and when the target is reached, the voltage drops back to the corresponding voltage of the target state, which is effective Shorten the reaction time.

Black screen insertion technology is inserted between each image frame black frame, when the monitor to complete a frame of the screen display, and then insert a frame of pure black screen, or turn off the backlight, so the equivalent of "cut" out of the screen Smear, thus improving the visual effect. There are consumers skeptical of this technology, that this will bring the screen flashing problem, in fact, we can rest assured that the human brain can filter out this flash and automatically produce the middle image, because the current LCD device refresh rate is mostly 60Hz, in the introduction of black screen insertion technology, will refresh the rate doubled, that is, 120Hz. For CRT monitors, the refresh rate of 85Hz almost reached the limits of the naked eye, 120Hz refresh rate of course, will not have any impact on the use.

Those are my personal understandings. Hope that you can help me get out of trouble. What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.