Ban All Abrahamic Religions.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blazefortwenty, Mar 14, 2017.

1. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Religion has caused many atrocities.

Catholic Crusades: Millions slaughtered

Muslim Terrorists: Thousands slaughtered

Catholics murdered scientists and banned science and philosophy, stunting society.

Muslims banned mathematics, stunting society.

Zionist Jews are allowed to commit acts of genocide and barbarism due to religious support from Christians.

Billions of baby penises are butchered and circumcised due to religious fanaticism and irrational thinking.

When will it end?

Furthermore, religion is a mental disease that is stunting society and impeding the progress of science, philosophy, and the social man.

Religion causes physical damage to sexuality (circumcision), mental illness, psychological sexual dysfunction, and irrational thinking. Religion reduces the average humans capacity to logic and reason, think clearly, and pursue philosophy and truth.

Due to religion, humans conduct their behavoir unfairly and oppress other humans (a violation of the Pursuit of Happiness clause.)
    The argument is that "people must have the freedom to do religion" is a false argument. Religion is a tyranny imposed upon young children, they have no choice in the matter, they are tricked into believing it due to threat of damnation.

It is a virus, that keeps infecting it upon generation of generation.

Now you might say...banning religion is the same as China. No, it isn't, China is a fascist dictatorship that tortures animals...in China...stealing is illegal...In America...stealing is also illegal...if we have one or two rules the same as China that doesn't make us anything like China...banning Abrahamic religion should be a basic rule, like stealing.

Other religions, like Hindu or Buddhism, or smaller religions, are generally not a bother and have a low impact on intelligence and society, thus will not be banned.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Trying to ban them all would just cause more deaths from the people that believe so strongly they are willing to die for their god.

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Who's going to be in charge of enforcing the ban? What means would they use?

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

You can't govern thoughts and private beliefs. It is impossible and immoral.

Also, violent and irrational behavior is part of humanity, not just religious faith. Ban the religion and violence will manifest elsewhere.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Soviet Union banned religion, and also murdered millions of people.

6. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought Muslims invented: Al gebra

2 people like this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My grandfather fought in WWII against Japan. He encountered a few Buddhists who were exceptions to your 'rule.'

Also, Hindus and Buddhists having a low impact on intelligence and society isn't correct.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Religion is a natural form of human understanding, you can't ban it as it serves a certain segment of the population.

You need to find ways to transcend it, not ban it.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't know whether you're serious or just venting, but your arguments don't hold up. The Christian crusades happened awhile ago--11th-13th centuries. There is no reliable body count, but the mean estimate is about 1.7 million--a bit short of your "millions". Much more recently, there have been far more killings by officially atheist regimes--estimated at 21 million-70 million (Valentino, 2005). So should we then add atheists to the banned list? The statement that Catholics banned science and philosophy is patently false. Historian Pierre Duhem credited Catholic philosophers and mathematicians like John Buridan, Nicole Oresme, and Roger Bacon with founding modern science. Gregor Mendel, father of modern genetics was a Catholic friar, and Fr. Geroges Lemaitre, who first formulated the Big bang Theory, was a Catholic priest.

While some transgress in the name of religion, Abrahamic religion is often a motivator for good behavior, quite in keeping with the "pursuit of happiness". A 2013 study by Campbell and Putnam American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us found that at least among Americans there is a strong connection between being religious and being charitable--the more religious respondents giving significantly more in money and time to charitable causes (both religious and secular) than secular respondents. Judaism was distinctive among ancient religions in establishing obligations to care for the poor, widows, orphans and strangers, and Christianity extendeded these tenets in the parable of the good Samaritan and the Beatitudes. Islam treats charity as one of the Five pillars, and mandates giving of 2.5% of one's total net worth. Your blanket statement that religion is associated with mental illness finds no support in the psychological or psychiatric literature. In a review of 93 studies on religion and health, Dr. Harold G. Koenig, director of the Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health at Duke University Medical Center, found that more religious people had fewer symptoms of depression. Psychology professor Kenneth Paragament tells us :"If people have a loving, kind perception of God," they tend to experience mental health benefits. But "If you tend to see God as punitive, threatening or unreliable, then that's not very helpful" to your mental health. [8 Ways Religion Impacts Your Life]

As for Hindus and Buddhists, have you read about the Hindu fundamentalist pogroms against Muslims, the role of Zen in Japanese militarism, or the role of Buddhist monks against the Tamils in Sri Lanka or leading the massacres of Rohingya Muslims in Burma? BTW, how many killings do you attribute to Quakers, Methodists, Disciples of Christ, or Seventh Day Adventists? I think you might as well go ahead and ban people and be done with it.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I believe in his childhood, Stalin lived with a priest and even attended school to become a priest himself. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that perhaps some of these early experiences associated with religion, may have shaped some of his later behavior when he got in power.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Strange that this thread is still going. It seems pretty obvious that the OP is misinformed and has since been informed and the rest of us are informed and no longer need this thread for information.

13. Asmodean

It's only just on page 2 dude. But I agree, little purpose to keep it going. There are better threads regarding the topic of abrahamic religions. Well if go by the first post in it.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This underlies a lot of the complexity involved with the relationship people seem to have with their religion. You provide an example of morality, I think a lot of people rely on their faith to be informed by concepts such as morality, so perhaps a religious person looks at your example and thinks something along the lines of "Well, we view torturing animals in the particular context we do in America... because it's shaped by these Christian values" or something...

To relate to your example though, I've heard North Korea referred to as an "Atheist" country. I don't really know too much about Eastern Cultures but based on one special I've seen on North Korea (which admittedly is not a lot to go on) suggested to me that their "Atheism", if we are to call it that, is something far more bizarre than what we tend to relate to Atheism in the West. For instance, in the special the people we're chanting something along the lines of "Our Ruler, who will reign for Thousands of years! " when Kim-Jong-Un came out for a speech. It may just be a chant, but this clearly sounds like something you might hear from a deeply religious state, I was taken aback and it's hard to really understand in terms of what I and I think many associate as the Empirically oriented, Rational to a fault, Atheism of the West, that has Science as kind of an established mode to inform reality.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Why Strange it's still going? The thread has been around a day?

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I know I've heard of some Hindus groups that for lack of a better term, I'd describe as "terrorists", but can you provide any examples of how Hindus and Buddhists interfere with social and intellectual progress?

17. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Hinduism has the absolutely entrenched caste system that prevents any kind of social mobility.

1 person likes this.
  18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I think I misread the OP's statement. I'm saying that they have contributed to social and intellectual progress; not detracted.

That being said, isn't terrorism an absolute deterrent to human progress?

19. Asmodean

Hindus and muslims clash violently in India every once in awhile. Sometimes it's a bunch of muslims and sometimes its a bunch of hindus who instigated the conflict.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Definitely, I was just interested to see if you had some concrete examples and thanks for the clarification.