Perfect Job.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by PsychoDave, Mar 13, 2017.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I could make a thousand people millionaires but if the work I am doing makes me happy and able to do what I want in my free time it is much better than struggling on my own or farming (might be a good job for some but I will pass on it)

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I know a lot of farmers who would sincerely state they have the perfect job, and I can agree with it. The market/industry/revenue is what makes it far from perfect most of the time. Most farmers i know really dig being able to plan their own day and tasks, being outside in the fields, their animals and/or crops and the rewarding feeling of physical work. It may be hard work but a lot of farmers wouldn't switch jobs if they could. Now, if they get chronically underpaid or forced by circumstances (economy, some governmental bullshit, etc.) to take less care of the environment... yeah then it gets real hard and imperfect. But the work: taking care of your animals and ensure a good harvest... theres hardly a job that feels more rewarding :)

1 person likes this.
  3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That dosnt go against anything I said.

4. Asmodean

I wasn't trying to do that :p Just giving my 2 cents after seeing more than one post about farming. If one does it right it is the greatest job out there. Well, one of the greatest surely!

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I will say with confidence that if I was born before the industrial age I would be a hunter.

6. Asmodean

The work of a farmer has of course tremendously changed since that time. Hunter as well to a lesser extent.

Where it comes to jobs before the industrial age most people here would do the same thing as their parents... wether they wanted or not :p
    But they also did stuff besides their job if they could: keeping a goat or cow, and hunt, fish and/or poach.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

well depending on where you lived and how early before the industrial age it was, unless in a major city chances are pretty damn good you would have been a hunter, farmer, carpenter, slaughterhouse guy(?), machinist, etc.,etc.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yeah makes perfect sense.

9. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Be a bouncer at a strip club. Since you are of hippie value, you will beat offensive asshole's asses in the most loving way, saving them from broken bones and teeth.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wonder if 9pm to 5am would count under the dreaded 9-5 label?

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a know a lot of (mostly visual) artists who enjoy what they're doing. i enjoy what i'm doing too, though i doubt i could deal with the stress it would make if i had to do so for a living. if i even could. which i kind of doubt.
    but if we could live in a world without stress, well again i know some people thrive on that too. i'm not one of them.
    that could make almost any 'job' good. the more so if you didn't have to spend more then half your day doing it.
    but when its something you really get into, well then whole days can pass without their doing so even being noticed.

i get ideas in my head and i try to illustrate them.
    if people could live in the kinds of little houses i can imagine, that would be good.
    designing anything to do with regional transportation planing, i mean other then roads for cars,
    you know, that kind of imagineering infrastructure and having consideration for all environments and species as a top spec,
    you know, i think i have good ideas, but if any of them turned out to be a disaster, well i wouldn't want to keep repeating one that did.

i wish the cultural consensus would have been one that would have enabled me to get the education i would have needed to do that,
    and to have spent my life doing it, instead of kind of randomly kicking around as i have.

not that i have any regrets for the diversity i've seen in my life as a result either.