I Asked Google How Much Money Do People Pay For Shoes Every Year?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

A nation of shoe addicts? How the average American woman will spend over $20K on footwear in her lifetime (a fifth of which will never even be worn!) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2629864/A-nation-shoe-addicts-How-average-American-woman-spend-20K-footwear-lifetime-fifth-never-worn.html

Next website more numbers

Step 5. Coming up with the final value
    Now, we are ready to answer the question we started with: How much are your shoes really costing you?
    In light of the fact that the average American earns $24.57 per hour, the spending on shoes equates to having to work for approximately 80 hours or 2.3 weeks (assuming 34.5 hours of work per week).

On average, an American consumer has to work close to two and a half weeks to pay for shoes.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-science-behind-behavior/201510/how-much-are-your-shoes-really-costing-you

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Yes, and they up spending another several thousand dollars over their lifetime to fix foot ailments caused by these foot prisons!!!

$24.57 an hour? sweet......., sure wish I was an average American................ :unsure:

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I would be happy to only have to work 34.5 hours a week.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

These kind of "statistics" drive me nuts. There is no way I spent anything like that for shoes in my lifetime. I retired six years ago and I was not even earning $20 an hour. What they balance out for the "average" woman is skewed to the purchasing of the rich.

Same thing for how much is spent at Christmas or valentine's day or any other holiday. I spend zero and "other" people pick up my share of the spending. Same thing about vacations. I have not been on a vacation in my adult life. Rich people or people in debt are spending my share.

I guess I am a less than average person.

1 person likes this.
  5. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I hate shoes, only wear them if needed. To me, vacations are for the rich, all that money spent and all you get to keep are memories. I want something material for my money's worth, and it's not shoes........

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I have enough material things. I need more good memory things.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, the average job must be awesome. part time hours with a crazy high hourly wage that totally makes up for the time off; you really can't beat that.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I buy a $20 pair of shoes and wear them until the sole wears out. When I get wet in the snow I know it's time for new shoes. I've never been a fan of shoes though. You have to be Earthing. Like I just don't get the people who spend thousands on them and walk around with shopping bags over them. Find something to give yourself value besides clothing it's kind of sad. Everyone has interests I guess.

1 person likes this.
  9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

YES, it isn't the clothes you choose to wear OR not wear that defines you, it's just a facade some folks choose to adorn themselves with, and choosing not to adorn oneself is just as big of a facade.

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I love shoes

11. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I'm fighting back tears reading about how much I spend on shoes.
    Some new e'S would rock though!