Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

Indyref 2: Scotland Goes To The Polls Again

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Indyref 2: Scotland Goes To The Polls Again (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Scotland be an Independent Country?

1. Yes (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Yes (non-nationals) (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. No (non-nationals) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 F6C

F6C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUK - NW

Posted March 14 2017 - 02:44 AM

May can call a snap election is she likes, I hope she does. Corbyn will win.

Really???

#12 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 14 2017 - 02:48 AM

Really???

An honest man who speaks for the working class vs. T2?

Don't belive the fake news. If Labour fail to bag it then it will be because Scotlands votes were not included or the Blairites couldn't stop bitching.

#13 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted March 14 2017 - 02:54 AM

I hate people who are in her position, who stutter!
(No disrespect to people who have the condition,)
I always feel, if they stutter, they are ill prepared!
I think she reminds me of Margaret Thatcher, don't like the woman!
I don't think you should trust her!
So how would Scotland being independent work exactly?
You would sever all ties with the UK? How could that be affordable?
What part of the UK debt would be handed to Scotland?
Sounded like she thinks she can put a wall up, you make your own laws etc.surely you have to take part of the UK with you?
I just don't like that lady!
  • Fear The Wickerman likes this

#14 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 14 2017 - 03:10 AM

The government in Westminster has robbed Scotland of it's resources and wealth, as far as I'm concerned we owe them nothing. Also, national debt is a global scam orchestrated by the world bank.

Scotland could sustain itself quite easily, don't be fooled by the media lies. Given the chance we could really boost our economy by allowing a legal and regulated cannabis market as well. Noone ever talks about the Scottish gin industry? Whisky, oil, tourism, steel?, agriculture, what else... does it really sound like Scotland is on it's arse because of a lack of industry or resources?

The argument isn't an economic one anyway, not for me, it's about Scotland deciding how it's own affairs are run, not dictated to by tory scum, the Eton boys club.

Maybe, if the government in Westminster was such a consistent bag of arses Scotland would be more happy to remain in the UK?

After the split Scotland and England can still trade, we can agree free movement of each citizen, we don't have to be enemies. I'll still like to visit England, some of the places I used to live. I love English people, but not all of course, I just hate tory bastards. The only difference is Scottish laws for Scotland, and English laws for England.

Remember Cameron's "English Votes for English Laws" speech the day (or so) after indy ref 2014? Just after he defaulted on his promise to grant Scotland Devo Max if we voted to remain? The bare faced cheek of these tory bastards makes my blood boil!

Edited by The Walking Dickhead, March 14 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#15 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted March 14 2017 - 03:24 AM

I agree with you totally on the Tories! The lazy gits only want what's good for them! I don't understand why people vote for them! Although my sister and her husband are Tories, and even they don't understand what's going on! Ha! Only because their out of work bitch of a daughter has been dumped by hubby, and he has left the country! (Let's get you what your entitled to dear! Erm what?!!) Lol whoops! Get them Tories out, and everything would work out better!
  • restless_stroker likes this

#16 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,771 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 04:58 AM

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to be stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable future. Corbyn has no chance. Unless Labour get rid of him and reform double quick, they will probably get annihilated at the next election, when ever it happens. The tabloids will ensure that.

If Scotland does leave the UK, we'll probably have the Tories forever in England, and there won't even be the EU to restrain them. You can kiss goodbye to things like worker's rights and environmental protection. NHS too - very likely they'll sell it off to American health care companies, and a large proportion of nurses will have gone back to Europe anyway.

#17 Fear The Wickerman

Fear The Wickerman

orbiter of helion

• PipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 14 2017 - 08:38 AM

Maybe you're right. But you can never really gauge public opinion until the day.

The media has been out to slay Corbyn from the minute he was elected as leader of the LP.  All you hear on the news is about how Corbyn is unelectable. Nothing about how honest and fair he is. Before you know it all the sheep are baahing to the same tune. Corbyn's a good leader, but he'll never get elected because he's got a beard.

Just because lots of people say the same thing doesn't make it true. I personally think Corbyn will nail it. Why else do you think the tories are desperately trying to redraw the constinuency boundary lines in their favour?

#18 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted March 14 2017 - 09:13 AM

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to be stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable future. Corbyn has no chance. Unless Labour get rid of him and reform double quick, they will probably get annihilated at the next election, when ever it happens. The tabloids will ensure that.

If Scotland does leave the UK, we'll probably have the Tories forever in England, and there won't even be the EU to restrain them. You can kiss goodbye to things like worker's rights and environmental protection. NHS too - very likely they'll sell it off to American health care companies, and a large proportion of nurses will have gone back to Europe anyway.

I don't know about anywhere else in the UK, but in the NW, it's already started, and it's the Tories buddies getting first pickings!

http://www.liverpool...rsdale-10954383

#19 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,771 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 09:15 AM

Maybe you're right. But you can never really gauge public opinion until the day.

The media has been out to slay Corbyn from the minute he was elected as leader of the LP.  All you hear on the news is about how Corbyn is unelectable. Nothing about how honest and fair he is. Before you know it all the sheep are baahing to the same tune. Corbyn's a good leader, but he'll never get elected because he's got a beard.

Just because lots of people say the same thing doesn't make it true. I personally think Corbyn will nail it. Why else do you think the tories are desperately trying to redraw the constinuency boundary lines in their favour?

I hope you're right. Not because I particularly have a high opinion of JC, but because at least it would get rid of the tories. I'd rather live under a Labour mess than a Conservative mess. However, I have no faith or trust left in Labour.

As I said though, the tabloids will be doing all they can to rubbish Labour, and Corbyn in particular. I hope I am wrong and that for once at least, people will think before voting, rather than letting Murdoch or the Daily Mail think for them. I'm not at all optimistic though.

#20 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,771 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 09:24 AM

I don't know about anywhere else in the UK, but in the NW, it's already started, and it's the Tories buddies getting first pickings!

http://www.liverpool...rsdale-10954383

This is worth a watch if you're concerned about the future of the NHS.

Click to shop at FS Books