Who Was Jack The Ripper?

Discussion in 'People' started by The Walking Dickhead, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

Patricia Cromwell did not come up with the selkirk theory. It was first suggested back in 1976 that he was an accomplice and again in 1990 it was suggested he might be the murderer. She is just looking to sell books. If someone spends millions writing and researching and they can not prove guilty, then he is not guilty. Doing a painting entitled jack the rippers bedroom does not make you a serial killer.

Edward munch, it has been suggested that he is a muderer based on his paintings the scream and a murder that happened on that bridge as well as a painting called the murderer and murder on the road.

Other people who have been suspected as Jack the Ripper and there has been a ton.

Winston Churchills father.

Louis Carroll - Alice in wonderland author.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/16/who-was-jack-the-ripper-the-suspects-so-far/

2. meringueregulate

meringueregulate Members

Anyone watching that new TV show Time After Time? It's about Jack the Ripper and Orsen Wells

3. Golden_Wheel

Golden_Wheel Members

I am not watching it. Did not know of it.
    What channel and is it good?

4. Scratched

Scratched Members

Reference- http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Judas_Priest/The_Ripper/5563/

[SIZE=29pt]The Ripper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19pt]Judas Priest[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The lyrical content is about the elusive killer Jack the Ripper, leading to some very memorable lyrics to sing along with. The content of the lyrics perfectly matches the dark atmosphere that the band builds up, with Rob Halford's haunting vocals enhancing it all.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]The Ripper starts out with a harmonizing guitar intro that leads to some vocal lines from Halford. Halford is of course at the top of his game, letting out some high pitched, glass shattering yells. The chugging riff perfectly matches the vocals. [/SIZE]

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It was me. :)

6. Scratched

Scratched Members

You're no Jack...you talked GLEN into it, didn't you?

I knew it.

1 person likes this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Who... Moi...???...Perish The Thought.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

He was (indeed, is) Mr. Hengist, an administrator from Rigel IV and head of Argelius's police operations (See Star Trek: Wolf In The Fold). He is also known as Beratis (of Rigel IV), and Kesla (of Deneb II).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ccltjYz-I

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

just been announced ! his name is ................................Jack

10. NotGayCharlie

NotGayCharlie Banned

Profilers have suggested that Jack the Ripper envied women, wanted to be one. Was a psychopath and homosexual. That he was impotent with women, not turned on. His sexual orientation, preferences during that day in age was shunned by his mother who beat him for his tendencies.

A person like Jerry Brudos, who dressed up in his victims' clothing and kept their shoes. Or Edward Gein, who fashioned trophies and keepsakes from the bones and skin of corpses he dug up at cemeteries. He also made a female skin suit and skin masks for himself.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

probably really was the rich politician guy. the other likely suspect had as much opportunity, the one forensics points the most too, but the political guy had way the hell and gone more motive.

12. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

A man called David Cohen, admitted to the Colney Hatch lunatic asylum just after the last murder, fits the psychological profiles put forth by the FBI guy and Dr. Bond, as well as all recorded witness statements and Scotland Yard's profile of the time.

I favour him as a suspect because he is so uniquely unsatisfying. We know very little about him as a person, not even who he is (Cohen was a name often ascribed to Jews in institutions when their name was not given, much like "John Doe" it is a placeholder in lieu of an official name) Plus he was just a psychopath. He had no grand motive and no interesting mental abnormality, he was just a run-of-the-mill homicidal lunatic.

Most of the other explanations and suspects put forward (Deeming, Cream, Sickert, Gull, take your pick) have a story attached, they have it all tied up in a neat little bow, or they went on to be prolific serial murderers (after changing their MO, usually) or did it as part of a grand conspiracy. I am suspicious of any explanation that offers this kind of narrative satisfaction. Real life is rarely as accommodating.

13. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjwqXwyzNU

14. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyS9JwtFoQ

15. gingeroot

gingeroot Members

No one.

It was several different people committing similar crimes that just happened to occur at close intervals. Possibly exacerbated by the press. After all if you want to get rid of someone the best way is to do it in a manner that makes them look for someone else.

But honestly I think it is a statistical artifact.

16. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I've heard that put forward as an explanation before, but it doesn't really chime with the facts.

Much is made of the fact that Whitechapel in the 1890's was a terrible, lawless place where many policemen were too intimidated to patrol. while it is true that the crime rate was extremely high, it was built on assaults, muggings and burglary. Murders were not common:

“The Annual Report of the Sanitary Conditions of Whitechapel listed no murders in the Whitechapel area in the years 1886 and 1887. The report listed only 71 cases of violent death in the Whitechapel area in 1887; 69 of those deaths were attributed to accidents and the remaining two were suicides.”

Of those deaths attributed to murder in this period, the vast majority came as the result of gang violence and beatings meted out during robbery's. However, some gangland killings and robbery deaths were recorded as accidental deaths due to laziness and poor record-keeping. For example:

"Thomas Edwards, a hawker aged 57, who lived in Brick Lane near the Old Nichol - arrived home at midnight on 21st July 1888 with swollen eyes and his face covered in blood. He subsequently died three days later of a brain haemorrhage.

There were allegedly no fewer than ten witnesses prepared to testify that he'd been drugged, robbed, and subsequently "given the boot" by a group of Whitechapel women, but the coroner refused to allow them to address the court and the jury brought in a verdict of accidental death."

The point is that murder in general was not common, and that more to the point murders of this very specific kind were extremely rare. If we were talking about victims of stabbing or beatings who died at around the same time in Whitechapel I'd be open to theories of several perpetrators operating independantly. But the idea that more than one person coincidentally was killing and mutilating women in identical ways with identical instruments, and the details of their crimes were still the same whether or not they were public knowledge, and that their unconnected crimes happened within weeks of each other stretches statistical probability past the point of credibility.

While I'd agree that some people would think it a good idea to take advantage of a murder spree to use as a smokescreen to cover up their own crimes, in the case of the Ripper murders this would be incredibly daft. These murders happened largely in public spaces, they were incredibly risky (one of them was interrupted by a member of public) and why the hell would you implicate yourself in a series of murders during city-wide manhunt by both the metropolitan police and the Whitecapel Vigilance committee, who would probably string you up if they had reason to believe that you were involved?

17. KarmaRose

KarmaRose Members

I read about a theory somewhere that I found both likely and interesting.
    There was a doctor who was performing illegal abortions on prostitutes, his wife was his assistant.
    She was unable to have children and she hated them for the fact that they could and they chose abortion.
    She had working knowledge on female anatomy and an axe to grind, I think this theory make sense.

18. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems to me that because these factual events not being solved at the time, the speculation will continue - theories suggesting that there was Royal involvement is of popular intrigue, that was a scientist of Frankenstein an interesting take, that there was more than one murderer - or one clever/fortunate psychopath all having a degree of curious possibility
    - All in all the tale becomes the myth, and the myth into a legend, of unknown truth but continuing intrigue