Fantasy Island (2017)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by egger, Mar 11, 2017.

1. egger

egger Member

Mar-a-Lago resembles the house on Fantasy Island. Similar seashore and beautiful young women populating the grounds. Same type of belfry where Tattoo would ring the bell and blurt out "Boss! Dee plane! Dee plane!" Mar-a-Lago even has an adjacent airport.

An updated version of Fantasy Island is needed where Mr. Roarke is now President and Tattoo his sidekick VP. Every weekend is a new episode where the wealthiest politicians, bankers, and Wall Street insiders pay a $200,000 fee to have a photo-op with Mr. Roarke that is posted on Twitter. They have their fantasies fulfilled by cutting lucrative business deals that involve golf courses, hotels, petroleum, and the Russian government which further line their pockets at the expense of the working class.

Mar-a-Lago
    [​IMG]

Fantasy Island
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Poor tattoo (Herve Villechaize)[SIZE=11.5pt] he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound[/SIZE].

[SIZE=11.5pt]He left a suicide note claiming he was depressed over continuing health problems and lack of work[/SIZE]

Hotwater

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

somehow i doubt the resemblance is unintentional.
    the notable difference is that the original wasn't one man's fantasy and everyone else's nightmare.
    (though i couldn't find anything of my own fantasies in the original either)