Islamic Fighters Returning To Uk!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I've met some converts to Hinduism in the shape of Hare Krishna devotees.Some have written books on the subject.They try to spread their philosophy to the general populous. Does that mean Krishna Consciousness is taking over in the UK? No more than Islam.

2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I have never said of Islamists taking over britain, though it is the fastest growing religion in the UK at the moment.

What I have stated is that there are a number of ethnic british converts to islam as well who have served in isis and other extremist ideologies and not just the asian-african ones. There are moderate white male converts to islam too who are propagating the religion nationwide and worldwide as well, which had been dismissed earlier by some posters as untrue.

The extremists are the issue obviously.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

What's moderate white male?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He ment non extremist converts with that. So white british males who converted to islam and actually are not a problem (if I understood him correctly). Unless people see them evangelizing or 'propagating the religion nation- and worldwide' as a problem on itself.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Really? Oh, ok..Thanks Asmo :)

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

There are obviously Muslims here who seek to propagate their religion. Mostly, they're not extremists or supporters of terrorism. The fact is though that the UK is very much a secular country these days. Although we do have a state religion, the Church of England, numbers actually attending church regularly are a very small percentage. Religion here, unlike in the USA, has very little influence over politics.

I think this is really a long term trend, and I think it's doubtful that large numbers will want to convert to Islam. To do so, if you're a man, you would probably have to get circumcised, and that alone would put a huge number of people off.
    Also the British are a conservative lot, and tend to cling to what they see as British cultural norms.

I don't see much immediate danger from Islam. But in years to come that may change. The birth rate among Muslims is higher than among indigenous whites, so give it a century or so, and Muslims may well make up a fairly large proportion of the population. Provided they don't want an Islamic state, or undue influence over the rest of the people, I don't really see too much of a problem.

7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I do render my profuse apologies on this matter. I am not muslim btw, and my apology therefore is senseless, but I suppose that is the name of the game being played over here.

Hope the patterns of your threads make you realize that xenophobia is your issue and not muslim or asian men.

8. While I appreciate the time traveling, I don't agree with how readily you drive the -phobia into this. Most of the time such terms are used to create an instant impasse. Anyone who denies it, is in denial, and if they agree to it, they're yanking your chain.

I am curious to know though, where would you draw the line between patriotism and love of country, with genuine xenophobia. Is it xenophobic to want to preserve your race and culture in the land your people have known for centuries? If so, when do we get around to diversifying Japan, China, Saudi Arabia and Mara Lago?

Imagine if all the people of West Virginia decided to move to Trinidad. The island population would double. But they're already accustomed to cultural divides there. But can you imagine the clash of culture there? How would the Trinidadians feel as they watch Cricket fields turn into baseball diamonds?

On the up side, all the meth heads would be off meth! Venezuela is only 7 miles away by canoe.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Both the police and terrorist services feel that WE will be a lot safer with them in the UK.
    Some have learnt their lesson and will not pose a treat, while the remainder can be monitored and locked up at the first signs of trouble.
    What we tend to forget, is that if we keep them out, they are highly likely to feel an even greater resentment towards us and creep in illegally to do us a lot of harm. Monitoring them when they are not on our soil is an almost impossible task, so allowing them back will not only be safer, but will also save us a lot of money.
    Clearly we don't want to warn them, but several of them will be arrested at the airport and locked up for planning terrorism BEFORE the originally left the country.
    Despite what the tabloids try to tell us, the police and security services in the UK are not completely stupid.
    On your final point, it is unlikely that our armed forces would want them, since they could never be able to trust them with a gun..

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What on earth has xenophobia got to do with not wanting potential terrorists roaming the streets of the UK.
    Also, wanting to control our borders has nothing to do with wanting to keep people of certain nationalities out. We just want to avoid the riff-raff from other countries feeling that they have a divine right to take advantage of our welfare state and generally law abiding society.

morrow likes this.
  11. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Patriotism can coexist with universality, which indeed must be the theme everywhere.

India, as you know, is an ancient civilization and we have given refuge to foreign refugees of other countries fleeing war or persecution.

After the destruction of their temple by the Romans, the Jews were given refuge in India along with Jews expelled from Iberia. The Zoroastrians fleeing arab invasion of Persia were similarly given refuge in India, and they and their temples and zoroastrian culture can be seen intact to this day in India. Same is the case with the Bahais, Ahmediyas, Tibetans and so on.

India is one of the few countries in the world along with Turkey which had never persecuted its Jewish population.

We have also greatly profited from all these refugees who made India their home, materially, culturally and spiritually.These minority community of refugees who became Indian are now the pillars of the Indian nation.

Obviously there were major contrasts between the native Indian culture and the refugees, but this never has been a problem in their integration and interoperability between them in the social, cultural, political and economic spheres.

A society with multiple cultures and religious sects can also break down the barriers of conditioning and bring about new ways of thinking, creativity and innovation that drives progress.

In fact, I really wish Indian society was much more multi-cultural and multi-religious as this would have helped to get rid off some myopic and obsolete conditioning patterns that had stifled and constricted the Indian mindset, making it unable to adapt to changing situations and circumstances and which is necessary for continuous progress and improvement.

I also really wish more Jews had come to India as this would have helped our nation a lot.

Unfortunately, most human societies are conditioned to look at the other as inferior and not wanted, especially due to ignorance, which fuels fear and hatred. You fear that which you don't know and hatred easily follows it. If cultural insecurities results in conflict and violence, obviously there is not much of a culture to talk about.

Just recently, an elderly Sikh of Indian origin was killed in the U.S. The issue is that the Sikhs wear turbans which make them look like muslims and this unfortunately leads to them being victims of hate crimes in the U.S.

Community Stunned After Sikh Grandfather Is Stabbed To Death

Some Hindu temples in the U.S. were also subjected to racist attacks and most ironically, some dimwits had crudely painted the Swastika on its walls.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...t-vandals-accidentally-paint-sacred-Swastika-

on-Hindu-temple.html

The swastika is actually an ancient Indian symbol suggesting auspiciousness and well-being of all, and is a part of our ancient heritage. It is depicted in the homes of devout Hindus and its four arms is also suggestive of the four yugas or cycles.

But unfortunately some ignoramuses with no idea on the subject perceived the Hindus as 'enemies' due to xenophobia and tried to scare them off using the swastika. You can see the sheer irony and stupidity of the whole thing.

If those who had crudely painted the swastika on the walls of the temple had cared to check inside, they would have seen swastikas engraved on the pillars or walls inside aesthetically with geometric precision.

The swastika on the hands of these guys is like the grenade in the hands of a caveman. It is only bound to blow up sooner or later. And a good example of this is the second world war.

Playing with fire is obviously dangerous. One can warn, as Vivekananda himself warned a couple of times. But if warnings are not heeded or taken seriously, what can we do !

Indians were similarly subjected to racist attacks in the U.K. though they have british citizenship and are statistically the most well-educated and richest community over there, which unfortunately have also excited petty envy, jealousy and intense hatred.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...britain-s-indian-origin-home-secretary-priti-

patel-1574359-2019-07-28

Indian-origin student racially abused in UK

Children 'whitening skin to avoid racism' as hate crimes against minors rise - CNN

Same too is the case in Australia where the Indian community is the most well-educated community with degrees (54.6%) in comparison to the Australian national average of 17.2 %.

A conditioned mindset usually reflects a lower state of consciousness and is consequently conflict prone and forever focused on a dualistic 'us versus them' attitude.

I am not optimistic of the future of the world due to increasing dualistic perception through conditioning, which is bound to result in inauspiciousness and overall destruction in the long run.

Imo, a higher state of individual and collective consciousness is needed to transcend such dualistic perceptions and conflict prone nature of the average human being, if the human race is to survive to the next century.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  12. This is the country with the border barrier that can be seen from orbit. It's not a simple issue that any country can solve by simply flinging the doors wide open.

13. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

We have given refuge to the persecuted of other nations and at the same time have fought with aggressors including the likes of Alexander. Obviously external aggression cannot be equated with giving of refuge, which is considered a meritorious act.

14. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The Venezuelant immigrant crisis is actually manmade as the severe sanctions imposed on Venezuela have transformed the once prosperous welfare state into a poverty stricken one. Even India has been barred from trading with Venezuela.

I don't understand how tiny communist Venezuela is a threat to the U.S., and they can at least ease the sanctions against Venezuela on humanitarian grounds which can enable the immigrants as well to return home to better conditions.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

16. Yes, there were people involved, so it was most certainly a man made problem. And he has a name.