Ever Been Teased About Going Barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Sora, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

When it happened, it came suddenly.
    It was a warm day and I went back home after being outside all morning. Untied my sneakers and kicked them off. Then, something came over me and I yanked off those damn socks. It was freeing and energizing!!!

2. rogerfederrer

rogerfederrer Members

Yes, with comments like "no shoes", "Did you know that you are not wearing shoes", laughing and snickering at me, "you have dirty feet", "Did you lose your shoes", etc.

3. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

I can't ever recall having been teased, or receiving derogatory comments, over my lack of footwear. That said, when out running in my bare feet, I do receive looks of bewilderment and good natured comments from some who I pass.

A few days ago, upon passing someone, who'd clearly observed my lack of foot wear as I approached, he said "You run in your bare feet....that's crazy!". I simply smiled and offered a brief comment as to how great it felt.

4. MthrNatrQn17

MthrNatrQn17 Members

Ive definetely never been teased about being barefoot. I get stares sometimes from strangers, but that doesnt bother me. Ive gone on so long in my life going barefoot, i actually get comments and fun teasing when or if i have shoes on, which is barely ever :)

1 person likes this.
  5. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

The only person who I get teased by is my brother, but it's pretty good natured.

As for strangers, I kind of like it when someone makes a comment about my feet. Went into a Newsagents today and the woman serving exclaimed "barefeet... where's your shoes?" I told her I didn't wear shoes and she looked genuinely shocked.

6. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Well I was teased this morning, although it was actually for wearing a toe ring rather than the fact I was barefoot. I mostly only wear foot jewellery with flip flops, when I'm barefoot I tend to like my feet to be totally naked, but sometimes I wear a ring or an anklet.

Waiting to cross the road in the town centre this morning along with two slightly loud, chavvy type girls, one looks at my feet and says "ooo a toe ring, that's a bit gay"

I looked at her and said "yeah it is", which surprised her - I know it isn't but I just wanted to see her reaction.

Neither commented on the fact I wasn't wearing shoes though.

7. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Back in my youth, when I wasn't yet into the whole barefoot thing, I actually experienced something of a reversal of this situation, where people gave me shit for NOT going barefoot. During the hot summers of my childhood, my foot shyness kept me from taking my shoes off, where the other kids often did, and people thought that I was being weird. To them, summer was the natural barefoot time and everybody and their mother often wondered why I didn't do it. They didn't exactly care to understand that it wasn't any of their fucking business what I wear or don't wear, and that their constant remarks about it were fucking annoying, and only served to make me withdraw into my shell harder. The consequence, of course, was that I missed out on a barefoot childhood almost completely, and this has later been a source of some regret for me. But you can't exactly tell an elementary schooler to man up, now can you? You can't yet process such a though at that age.

Such regrets, when life doesn't go as expected...

8. crispy91

crispy91 Member

Eh. I've had shit for it before, but who cares? I like going barefoot. It's no one's business but my own.

SoftSoles likes this.
  9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I can definitely relate to this as I had some sort of a reputation for not going barefoot, nor owning shorts or going swimming, somewhat teased by it. I'm astounded by the number of foot shy stories I've read since the invention of the internet. For so song I've struggled with this very same affliction thinking there was something wrong with me, I'm glad to hear I've been in good company all along. That's a relief!

I too regret the missed opportunities in regards to elementary school. A perfectly good chance to go barefoot during gym class was prevented by my intense foot shyness. It depresses me to think about it. I must say you are correct, your brain cannot process that during those early years. I must remember that and move on.

10. lilajo

lilajo Members

Not really? It always surprises me to learn that people actually get confronted or teased over what they do or don't wear on their feet.

Growing up in a pretty conservative Bible belt town, my friends would sometimes tease me and call me a hippy, since I was usually barefoot, and also had long messy hair. Of course, my friends were all a bunch of rednecks who were barefoot almost as much as I was, so its not like they were really giving me sh*t or anything, just friendly teasing.

Heck, I think I got teased more often when I had to wear shoes and socks, just because they knew I hated it. I remember getting the flu and staying home sick from school. For some reason, whatever flu I had made my feet feel FREEZING. Normally I could tolerate going barefoot in pretty much any weather, but whatever bug I got was screwing with me and my feet were cold. So I found a pair of socks and put them on before laying down on the couch. When my friends stopped by to drop off my homework and saw me wearing SOCKS, they were joking that they knew I MUST be sick, since I'd never wear socks around my house under normal circumstances.

11. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

I wouldn't say teased, but one time I went on a beer run going to a friend's house and walked through the grocery store barefoot. I saw a couple people staying down at my feet while I was there. Then I found out that we were all going to his mother in laws for a while and I stayed barefoot there too. I made a comment about going to the store in bare feet and she gave a look like 'are you serious?'

By the end of the night his kids were calling me "naked feet" which didn't bother me at all.

SoftSoles likes this.
  12. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Same but not really bad. It did like made me shy about it but doesnt bother me now. I welcome it.

13. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

All the time, people keep pretending my shoes and socks stink when they are on the floor in the library,

From boths boys and girls

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The occasion that always amused me was the day that the grass caught alight around a campfire. A guy started making sarcastic comments about Jane and I treading it out with our bare feet.
    We got the last laugh, when he decided to show us how to put it out more quickly and burnt the laces on his prized DM boots.