March 8Th - A Day Without Women Strike

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Fueled by Coffee, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Over all, this was rather a dismal failure. The marches that happened did not have the numbers to really make any kind of statement. Every major city that held one only had hundreds show up at best.

For the most part probably because those that are the most vulnerable and need the most help are also those who in no way could take a day off without pay to march. Life tends to work like that.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That, and because we're not nearly as oppressed as the vocal minority likes to think.

I could have taken off yesterday with no issue. My boss is cool like that. But the fact that I could have is precisely the reason I didn't.

3 people like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh i dont disagree with you on this

It was more the shhhhhh's jump to "lets use this as an excuse to demonize unrelated poor people who cant afford daycare (because it costs more than a mortgage payment!)" that annoyed me, and i drew a contrast between what you said and what she said.

I do agree that the women who are most struggling in this country dont have the luxury to participate in something like this

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

"What does that say about our culture?"

That the students at the University of Washington are smoking some serious Drugs.

1 person likes this.
  5. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I have decided to be a lesbian black gay man in a white womans body who is 6'2. I always wanted to be taller. Tired of seeing up everyone nose.

Now I am special like everyone else... this so called free and open thinking is very successful in removing people identity., making society be nothing together.... thoughtless drones whose only purpose is to bow down to anyone who claims to be special and entitled to special treatment, thus making you believe that you are not entitled to equal treatment. Everyone is nothing. The government will tell you that you do not matter because children in India are suffering more than you, you have to think of them first, They need it more than you. This UNseeable UN tangible being that is them. It will apply to everyone, eventually. Them, the untouchable people that you never see and only hear about.

currently some are entitled while others are not.... some are special, which is what this women's group is about who organized in the USA. It is not a woman's group. When that group and its leaders promote Certain people before others... affirmation. the organizers did not want pro life, or allow pro life people at the march as a group in January because they are not left. When contacted about joining the march as a pro life group they were told no. Pro life people are only republicans, so they are not real women? that is not about women, when they march about racist police and locked up people In Prison needing to be set free, then the march is not about reflecting on women. Human nature I understand, when someone is told they are nothing, they do not matter, eventually someone snaps and retaliate, Tired of hearing fight back from groups that have segregated, divided. Labeling people as the enemy. Feeling anger and hatred from people you don't know. If you march, take the day off in the USA or Canada, it is not about what they pretend, I don't know about the groups in the uk who organize it but it has to be looked into.

i have even heard people on this board defend the fact that white children in private schools, children in kindergarten being told they were born racist, and that this is ok because they went to private school. This was mandated by the obama administration and people simply accepted this because it was a private school? It was ok because obama admin mandated it, he defends the underdog..? While children of colour are brought to safe spaces to be built up and given cookies and hugs. Tear down one to build up another. It is sick, no matter who is doing it. Skin colour is irrelevant. Your country is sick to accept this an there be no outrage simply because those kids went to a private school. So is mine, sick.

Look ar BLM website calendar... Youth training.

I know another group, political parties that did youth training. Would love to sit in on one of these training sessions.

Anyone who participates with these groups are doing a lot more than simply reflecting on women around the world who are oppressed, or reflecting on the history of women in North America. Every day you go to work you are representing this women who fought for you, my grandmother worked full time long before the suffragets. You are supporting a group that thinks it is ok to judge people based on skin colour, ethnicity, gender, and who you voted or your political leanings,. You may not like a politically party or leader of a party, but keep in mind the most loved ones in history were the ones to fear. When a group thinks it is ok to share someone's political leanings and mark that as the enemy to the people and contact companies, getting them to agree to not carry products simply because a person voted in a certain way, there is something very wrong. If they don't agree to demands the company and people who work there are put on the list, That is what is happening. Doesn't anyone see something being very wrong with that? If things are made in china and trump brings factories and industry back to the USA, offers incentives to do this, it will remove slave labour? Child labour? What do you want? Bring back jobs. bring back industry. .?

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Things differ all the time between how you perceive them and how they really are. If things would really be how you portray them more people here might agree with you. Thing is, details matter and when we look at the details you are always mixing up a fact (something that is really happening) with stuff that is clearly just about how you see it, or how you want to portray it (not really happening in the way you put it).
    When you portray things different or chronically exeggerated going in debate with you in here about a thing like BLM and how they, according to you, are connected to this womens right group will always end in a pointless off topic discussion (as we've seen before).

So as long as the group(s) you are rambling about in above post are not just this women's right group, but other groups you think are intrinsically connected to it (but are not) you are simply derailing the topic again in order to be able to connect it to your concerns that are not directly about this thread topic. But you can talk about them in a more appropriate thread all you want.

1 person likes this.
  7. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Rather than simply stating I am wrong asmo, why don't you explain exactly how this is wrong? Was there no mandate by obama for education institutions to do this?

Are you saying that videos of the March and these women singing about oppression of their people, and how cops are racist was not accurate nor represents the march, even though this is posted on their twitter account?

Are you saying that their website is about women even though their mission statement is about affirming black lives? Same group different name. :/

Are you saying that their links to companies approved of by this group does not exist and those that are on the shit list because of political leanings and giving out phone numbers and people to call so that things are removed from shelves is not happening? And that intimidation is not being used so that people submit?

Which part asmo.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Is your whiteness really so threatened that any organization whose mission statement mentions standing up for people of color is automatically ill intentioned?

So they want to stand up for black people. So what?

If you think they're funded by Soros or part of some rich man's agenda, that's one thing. But honing in on the fact that they mentioned people of color is really weird to me. Who cares. Oh god a woman's group also wants to fight for other minorities, how evil of them!!!

2 people like this.
  9. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Exactly?.. who cares! they are dividing people racially, they are segregating themselves from others and not looking for equality, like they have historically claimed. It is not about equality any more, it is sbout superiority and power over someone else.

It is really sad that white people are so guilt ridden by simply being white that this used As an advantag by people that throw the word "racist" around.

It Iis not about white vs. Black.

It is about acceptance of racism from a racist group. regardless of colour, anyone can be a racist.

To take white children or any child into a room and tell they were born racist strictly because of the skin colour, is racist. you Mel, defended this by brushing if off as just some rich white kids in a private school. Like they do not deserve to be treated as an equal. And now let's all talk about white privilege.

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

What?? could you please provide corroboration/sources for this info?

and if skin color is irrelevant why are you seemingly so obsessed over it?

1 person likes this.
  11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

again, you got any videos or anything to back up these claims?

I wanna see a video of a teacher telling a white 4 year old they are racist.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

See, this proves you're willing to twist anything to suit your agenda (and bring up unrelated topics from other threads also, wtf does this have to do with woman's day???)

Clearly i believe everyone deserves to be treated as an equal, i'm a proud bleeding heart

But this is how the private sector works - a private school has the right to create their curriculum and parents have the right to remove their child and their money from the school if they dont like it. Do you understand? Private school is different from public school, no one is forcing anyone to attend.

Now, i'm with Nox, i would LOVE to see your evidence that Obama mandated a random private school teach white kids they're racist. I will eagerly be awaiting your source!!

3 people like this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hi Meli, not to be a dick, but I don't believe Shhhhh changed the topic. You defended the woman's march that pretended to be about women. In this video here's proof that it's nothing more than a hodgepodge of different protesters with messages. https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=07Gcmnmz5S0
    (There's even a BLM protestor at 7:41) And the so called woman's march, was a march about demanding free stuff and special perks, while artificially inflating the fake wage gap by encouraging women to skip work. The women's march website says "affirmation of black people" while mentioning very little about women. Just check the first 3 paragraphs https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

Seems to me (BLM, women's march, which is for black people first, black, brown women) is supported strongly by the government, and that racist group's agenda becomes the agenda of the government. Then that government widened the divide. The division in this country was ramped up by the Obama administration. Race relations haven't been this bad since the 60s.

Forgetting about the depression this country is in, and pretending it is not happening. Disregarding an entire population, not based on color who has never recovered from the crash. The masses who can not find full time work, as Obama says the part time workers are considered workers, and those who just gave up are not a part of the non workers in the country. Putting the world issues before the people who are in this country, not just singling out special groups.

And it is not Shhhhh or Morph girl who changed the topic, it was women's march aka BLM who changed the topic on women's day. If there is to be a women's day, why not make it a day to shine a light on the plight of women struggling in the Islamic world? These divisive organizations have so much overlap with one another.

Seems to me that telling other members they are trying to protect their whiteness, is race baiting and quite trollish. Who is the troll?

It is not Shhh with the agenda, it is the government with the agenda teaming up with crazies like Linda Sarsour.
    The private schools that promote white guilt very likely received government funding. Just like a voucher program! Obama's administration did have policies put in place that did fund private schools geared toward benefiting students of certain ethnicities.
    https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oii/nonpublic/index.html
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2014/02/27/remarks-president-my-brothers-keeper-initiative

Now I don't have a problem with private organizations or charities offering help and assistance toward certain minority groups. But when you get federal dollars involved, like in this instance, they are deliberately focusing on groups based on race and not socioeconomic backgrounds. Do only blacks, browns, and women (of color) have struggles and plights?

Now can we please unban Sssshhhhhhhhh?
    Turn her name from white to black. Bring her back!

1 person likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

Here's a photo of the Wednesday Day Without Women protest organizers, arrested for blocking traffic during a protest.

Can someone explain to me HOW they were able to get this photo taken with their hands cuffed behind their backs in the back of a police van? Doesn't the police confiscate cell phones upon arrest?

[​IMG]

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I liked it much better when the banter was about psychedelics and not politics....
    but dude, you have to realize how delusional some of this stuff is, seriously.

maybe if you, shhhhh, PR, and others of your ilk would stop trying so fucking hard to find a "boogey man" behind it all or some overriding conspiratorial scheme and actually just looked and considered events and what happens at face value, you would find it all isn't as you perceive.
    numerous times you and shhhh have posted utter bullshit, out of context quotes and other very, very weak "evidences" of the things you claim and more often than not they quickly are squashed by a full quote or more accurate information.

WTF is broken in folks brains that they just simply do not comprehend actual facts versus half truths and complete fabrications?????

shit ain't perfect, never has been, never will be, stop wasting your life trying so hard to find someone/something to point a finger of blame at.

1 person likes this.
  16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhmmm, who took the pic?
    maybe a cop took it
    and what the fuck does it prove anyway????

you are really straining at it now...

17. 6-eyed shaman

^Seems like a staged photo op to me. To show "solidarity" and to make it look like an unjust arrest against women of color at a peaceful protest.

When you say "people of your ilk," what do you mean by that? Are you just referring to people you disagree with? Can we not express our opinions too? Hipforums was never meant to be a safe space.

However Noxious, perhaps you're right in that I should go back to psychedelics and random off the wall stuff again and ween off the politics. Life is much happier over there. We should all just get high together. My spiderweb moon is actually a hallucination i had, and drew a picture of, to share my visuals with the world.

1 person likes this.
  18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

easy..gopro body harness

or hidden camera

search google for "button cam"...they are cheap

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No offense, i usually do read and listen to what you have to say even if I disagree, but i stopped reading this near the beginning when you said "demanded free stuff."

I just cant deal with the parrotting of popular and completely thoughtless talking points, sorry.

Its just utter bullshit. Anyone who works pays fucking taxes, demanding that your taxes benefit the people of the United States is absolutely NOT the same as "demanding free shit."

1 person likes this.
  20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just a reminder, one of the list of rules here is that you do not discuss moderating in threads. You do not, particularly, complain about bans.

Our points system is not working so there won't be any warnings or small points given.

It's all or nothing. Choose your battles wisely, folks.

2 people like this.