Ged

No Fantasy Required.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLocal shit

Posted March 07 2017 - 01:51 PM

Hallouminati

"What has posterity ever done for me!" - Groucho Marx.

#32 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,866 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted March 08 2017 - 04:27 PM

2peter 3,4
First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

someone who shares a different belief then one's own, isn't mocking it.  what mocks every belief, is fanaticism, that only cares about using it as an excuse.

• Meliai likes this

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#33 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

pussycat in a pussyhat

• PipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts
  • LocationInvading your Safe Space

Posted March 08 2017 - 06:57 PM

There's probably some truth to what the OP says. I don't think the global corporate elite have attained quite enough power to control every outcome and circumstance globally. But they are getting closer each day. And they aren't invincible to being defeated. At least not quite yet.

Pardon Julian Assange

9e48d74a-9037-431f-a117-7763e16bed79_zps

#34 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 09:12 PM

My problem with the OP's theory is that he gives little evidence for it. No doubt a few wealthy individuals control a disproportionate share of the wealth on this planet. Only eight multi-billionaires are as wealthy as half the world's population.

http://fortune.com/2...ncome-equality/

https://www.theguard...h-as-poorest-50

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-38613488

These are:

1. Bill Gates (US): co-founder of Microsoft (net worth $75bn)

2. Amancio Ortega (Spain): founder of Zara owner Inditex (net worth $67bn)

3. Warren Buffett (US): largest shareholder in Berkshire Hathaway (net worth $60.8bn)

4. Carlos Slim Helu (Mexico): owner of Grupo Carso (net worth $50bn)

5. Jeff Bezos (US): founder and chief executive of Amazon (net worth $45.2bn)

6. Mark Zuckerberg (US): co-founder and chief executive of Facebook (net worth $44.6bn)

7. Larry Ellison (US): co-founder and chief executive of Oracle (net worth $43.6bn)

8. Michael Bloomberg (US): owner of Bloomberg LP (net worth $40bn)

i seriously doubt that these guys are working behind the scenes to rule the world, but who knows. Certainly some of them, like Warren Buffett and Michael Bloomberg, don't seem to be on the same page with DonaldTrump. There are other billionaires who are not as rich but much more political, like the Koch Brothers who funded the Tea Party,  the Mercer family who bankrolled Breitbart, and George Soros who supports MoveOn.com --players, but not on the same team.

There have always been theories that the world is run by a network of secret societies—the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg group, the Bohemian club, Skull and Bones, the Illuminati, the Masons, etc. There is no hard evidence supporting these theories—possibly because they’re such good conspirators. There are, however, a number of studies. that are better grounded empirically, confirming the notion that power and wealth are disproportionally concentrated in a relatively small percentage of individuals. Concern about this problem made headlines in the fifties, when President Eisenhower warned us of the growing danger of the “military industrial complex” giving the U.S. a stake in war. Yes, the President was warning us that his so-called “puppet masters” were getting out of control. Yet the elite today seems to be divided on the subject of defense spending, Republicans but not Democrats tending to favor it.

Edited by Okiefreak, March 08 2017 - 09:37 PM.

• NoxiousGas likes this

#35 NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas

Old Fart

• PipPipPip
  • 7,461 posts
  • LocationIn the bowels of all mankind

Posted March 09 2017 - 08:02 AM

every time I hear PR or someone else begin to go on about the NWO, globalism, world monetary, etc. and how evil all this is and a nefarious plot is afoot, I am reminded of Hal Lindsay.

change few players names, use a few different acronyms but still the same story line.

"Do the walls close in and suffocate ya,
you ain't got no friends and all the others they hate ya,
does the life you been leading gotta go?"

"get your shoes and socks on people,
it's right around the corner"

"the poodle bi-i-ites,
the poodle chews it"

#36 Sssshhhhhhh

Sssshhhhhhh

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted March 09 2017 - 09:15 AM

If it walks like a duck...
????
What's the ending to this one? :)
Is it a duck? ? =p >.>

It is a sheep in wolfs clothing pretending to be a duck

Edited by Sssshhhhhhh, March 09 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice