Logan

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I just saw the movie Logan, and boy did it suck.

I didn't want to see it, but my girlfriend did. The movie seems to be surrounded by hype and gets rave reviews, but to me it was a typical dumbed-down Hollywood movie that relies solely on violence (including that which involves young children) and special effects and make up for the lack of anything resembling an actual plot.

I just cannot believe how such a STUPID movie generates so much hype and praise, but I guess it's just a sign o the times and America truly is an idiocracy at this point.

Eric! and Cashtwenty2 like this.
  2. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

All comic book related movies are absolute garbage. Nothing new here.

3. Pressed_Rat

I agree. I have never read a comic book in my life and know absolutely nothing about the various characters, so maybe that's part of the problem.

I also saw Deadpool last year, another Marvel comic based movie that people raved about, which was equally stupid and full of high school toilet humor that wasn't remotely funny.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was thinking of going to the movies yesterday but they all seemed rather Pez.

My partner says to me well the Logan and I'm like what the fuck is that? Some shitty x-men? And she said like how did you even know that? And I'm all "well I know wolverine is named Logan and they're due to release another poor comic book movie. :D

Nail'd

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Would you recommend it for a 10 year old boy?

6. egger

egger Member

Hollywood is able to formulate a film that is more creative than rehashing old superhero characters, but it doesn't and it even promotes such rehash five years in advance.

Why Hollywood Is Setting Movie Release Dates 5 Years in Advance
    Three studios have begun planting extremely early release-date flags for their superhero and animated epics
    Todd Cunningham | July 1, 2013 @ 6:17 AM

http://www.thewrap.com/why-studios-are-setting-movie-release-dates-5-years-advance-99936/

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 94% among movie goers which is extremely high and a sure box office hit.

If it was 99% I’ have no doubt you would have been an exclusive member of the 1 percentile club

Hotwater

8. Pressed_Rat

Absolutely not. It's not suitable for children at all. I mean, one of the key characters in the movie is a girl who can't be any more than 10 years old, which makes it even more disturbing that people can watch a movie like this and find that acceptable.

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks.

10. Pressed_Rat

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oucw2hZZJFY

1 person likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there have been more then one logan. presumably this one is the mundane name of wolverene?
    i wouldn't say the marvel movies all suck. but that's a matter of perspective. i once lived in a house with people who loved them.
    myself being kind of neutral on the whole epic and excitement bullpuckie thing.

there was however, another logan, one of slightly more personal interest. at least i liked the old guy living in the library with a bunch of cats.

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

it seems to me that you pr are a willing member of the idiocrasy

for a guy that never believes the media why would you believe the media about the movie?

thanks for the heads up though..i will wait and catch it on hbo or Netflix

I havnt been inside a movie theater in maybe 4 years...

1 person likes this.
  13. Pressed_Rat

Who said I believed the media? Who said I thought it was going to be good based on the reviews? To be honest, I didn't read the reviews until AFTER I saw the movie.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I do that too lol. All the time. :D I'll go and fully study the movie online after I've seen it and then get all the random shit I missed. Like when I watched the shining, it was like a whole different movie in the review.

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I feel like you and your girlfriend have pretty different ideas if what constitutes a "good" movie.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

reviews generated by BOTS..

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its been ages since a movie came out that i really wanted to see. Seems like they're all either comic book movies or really dumbed down comedies. And i actually like stupid comedies, but the ones that have been coming out the last couple of years are just really, really awful

18. Pressed_Rat

This is true.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is something we can both agree on. i don't go to many movies. mundane drama is crap to me too however.

i won't say i've never cracked open a comic book. just never found one from the major comic publishers in the u.s. to suit my interests.
    most of the manga aren't that interesting to me either, but i do like making and watching animations of things that are.

and profit driven entertainment can never seem to figure out, that real science fiction is fiction about science, not wars and soap operas in some imagined future setting.

i liked magic's house, also called thunder, the name given to the lead character, an abandon kitten, in it; and felidea, a very dark, 'r' rated animated feature, also as the name implies, about cats, told from their perspective; and much as i regard disney, as well, i'm not sure i have quite the right word for it, being unabashedly fantasy is ok, but usually being fantasies that romanticize baseless mundane expectations, not so much, as much as anything else, i enjoyed furtopia, for the parts that broke the disney mold in that regard, as much as being furry + utopian + animation (= no damd human actors (other then voice actors)).

(i should also mention, that 'thunder' and felidae are things i happened accross for free on you tube, and of the three, furtopia was the only one i paid to go see at a movie house)

20. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Yeah, I particularly hate all the fanboy attitudes around Deadpool, especially from otherwise comic-book hating people. Shit movie.