Imagine

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fueled by Coffee, Mar 4, 2017.

1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

the law states in Ontario that gender is a "person's sense of being a woman, a man, both, or neither, or anywhere along the gender spectrum."

To not use pronouns when someone wants to be identified as a they ... your refusal is considered bigotted Heat.

The law is vague and flawed, people are using it to their advantage.

I don't just make this stuff up. People have been called racist because they won't curb their language with regards to this new way of gender identification.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

We should petition to have the HF admin program a new feature that forcefully corrects whenever someone types him/her on this platform, to change into gender sensitive pronouns xir and zee. That way we don't trigger or offend anybody.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm a womble

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That people choose not to educate themselves on new laws and the intent of those laws is a reflection of them not necessarily the laws.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what i'm having a hard time imagining is the sense we're supposed to make of the original question.

6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I can imagine such a place. Toronto is close to being that. There is no such thing as a Canadian

As for uneducated people not knowing what they are talking about... educated people are talking about it. Political correctness is its best curbs free speech,

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-if-gender-identity-debate-at-u-of-t-was-about-free-speech-then-the-battle-is-truly-lost

And here.
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2016/05/22/bill-c-16-a-glorious-trans-formation-that-went-mostly-unnoticed.html