Torch Web Browser Ssl Error And Alternate Browser Security

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by relaxxx, Mar 1, 2017.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Anyone here use Torch browser? I've used it for quite some time without issue, it's basically a hacked Chrome browser with built in torrent and video downloaded features. Today it started giving me SSL security errors, on all computers. Re-installed with same error. Many sites with HTTPS (secure) now give privacy error and do not load. It's as if some SSL module within Torch has expired today. I was always a little concerned about security on this slightly shady looking browser and never did any banking or anything like that with it.

Anyone know of a fix, can someone test torch and confirm? Also if you know of other alternatives to the big three browsers, and would you have security concerns with lesser known browsers?

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Torch browser? Better get rid of that stuff.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Well, it was kind of an awesome browser up until yesterday.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I re-downloaded Torch from their website today and it is now working. They have updated it to Ver. 55, I was on Ver. 53. SSL privacy errors are gone now. One bit of weirdness, adblock plus extension now causes Youtube home page to not load. I have to use adblock (not plus) and disable it for youtube home page. (sigh) whatever!