Vehicle Plows Into High School Band At Mardi Gras Parade

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

What the hell is going on? This is happening too much!

1 person likes this.
  3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That is terrible. I hope the students and all involved will recover.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I really dont think 70yr old's should be driving floats/ or whatever during parades and stuff. I might be nice to have veteran grand-pappy drive. But the excitement and needing to pay attention can play a major role in accidents of this type. Understandably anyone can suffer a seizure, heart attack. Vehicles can have equipment failures.. But the statistics go up with age. More inspection of vehicles, and drivers physical health is needed..

>speaking of the other plow incident.. >>
    Other type parade routes and gatherings need be barricaded, with Jessey barriers, box trucks, police cars. Wooden horses just dont cut the mustard anymore..

5. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

It is terrible. It's a tragedy. It's a tragedy there weren't more.

6. Aerianne

The parade hadn't started. They were in line waiting to step off. The 73 yr old was to drive the SUV behind the band. Police say they don't know if the equipment failure was within the old man or within the vehicle. They are going to check the on board computers to try to determine how to charge him.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

WTF.....???..... :unsure:

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aerianne

9. Aerianne

Three teens are still in Critical but Stable condition this morning.

Ford Expedition

[​IMG]

10. Scratched

Scratched Members

At least it wasn't another damned Radical Islamic Terrorist.

11. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

If you all had followed my advice and banned all Abrahamic religion, we wouldn't have to worry about those anymore.

12. morrow

morrow Visitor

So why don't you overturn trump! Make your rules, then we would all do as you say!

Oh shhhhhhh No3

13. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

I wish I could, but the sheeple are too massive and divisive to help a true leader such as me succeed. It's all about the money...the way to have any say in society is to have lots of money...something I don't have.

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

What makes you a true leader then?

Convince me!

15. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Because my aim is to make the individual as happy and prosperous as possible. I also have a keen sense of right and wrong.

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

That's just words, like someone saying a speach wanting to win miss world!

Convince me!

1 person likes this.
  17. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Show me the money and I'll show you a philanthropic organization with cutting edge scientific breakthroughs.

18. Scratched

Scratched Members

Hillary Clinton didn't have much $$$ to begin with, then there's the "foundation". lol,

And to top it off, she got big donations from countries that don't allow their women any freedoms. I hope you're not going that direction...

19. Aerianne

As an on-topic update to this story,

Larry Rathbun, driving a 2008 Ford Expedition behind the Gulf Shores High School marching band on Feb. 28, told police that "someone standing out in the road" asked him to speed up to close the gap between band members.
    Then, according an accident report released Monday into the tragic Mardi Gras parade crash in Gulf Shores, Rathbun pressed down on the accelerator and accidentally pressed too hard. He then collided with the marching band members.
    Rathbun, 73, of Fairhope, then tried pressing the brake to stop but "must have been pressing the accelerator and was unable to stop quickly," according to the report released by the Gulf Shores Police Department and forwarded to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency.
    A dozen youths, ages 12 to 17 years old, were injured and taken to area hospitals. At least one remains hospitalized, according to a report from the Baldwin County School System last week. Another student was taken to the University of South Alabama's burn and wound care center for additional surgery and skin grafts.
    No additional updates were provided Monday. http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/03/report_indicates_driver_in_gul.html

2 people like this.