Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love the color orange, especially when it is a cantaloupe orange with a pink hue...Sky here was lit up in orange last night.

Mesmerizing.

1 person likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

blackberries, raspberries good wine sweet sue, here's to the girls of the country side, the one's we're drinking to.

if its got seeds in it, its the fruiting body of the plant, even if it grows on a bush or something smaller.

which interestingly enough, citrus can produce from bush like forms. had a lemon bush in the back yard one place where i lived.

definitely a bush, though i guess you could call it a dwarf tree, but there's was nothing tree like and everything bush like about its size and from,
    and it prolifically produced lemons by the ton. and the ones that didn't get picked turned an orange looking color, before they rotted entirely and fell off.

3. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I believe the distinction between a shrub and a tree is horticultural rather than botanical. In other words, I don't think there's a difference in hard scientific terms.

4. Moonglow181

But Sapphire, do you like oranges? The fruit that grows on trees? I do....

5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I stopped eating them because they make your hands and face all messy and sticky, but I like the taste

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is my feeling on oranges. I like them if I am eating them, but never really buy then or go out of my way to eat them. But when I think about them, I'm like...meh.

7. Moonglow181

Oranges or orange jusice are what hospitals give to restore electrolites.....I like grapefruit juice, too.....and V-8....bananas, berries, mangos, pineapple....pineapple is the best on pizza and my topping of choice ever......grapes....well, there isn't a fruit i don't like really.

8. fundoo

fundoo Members

I stopped eating them because doctor said so. Odd huh? But maybe they are really bad for inflammation, and I'm on an anti inflammatory diet...or at least supposed to be. Ahhh!

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Hotwater

10. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

11. Moonglow181

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

true enough, a plant is a plant is a plant, and not an animal nor a mineral. the green parts separate the oxygen out of the carbon compounds we exhale and give back what nearly all animals on our planet need to breath. providing edible portions is more of a side line for them.

13. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You'd have to be one hell of a lawyer to convince a jury that this is not true

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA