Tear Gas For Mouse Defense?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by blazefortwenty, Feb 27, 2017.

1. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

i have a mouse in my walls...It wont go to any of the traps....I dont want to poison myself with moth balls or ammonia...What about tear gas or pepper spray...pepper spray is non-toxic...

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fine ground cayenne pepper ...

they dont like it and it doesnt hurt anything or anyone as long as your not rubbing into your eyes

trap is best though...you need to put it near their food source...they have to be getting into your food because they dont eat whatever is in your wall..plus with a trap they wont die in your wall and stink up the place

4. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

I removed the food, I dont hear them eating food any more so I think they just are territorial and think it's their territory.

Do I have to put the cayenne pepper as a mist?

I heard those noise things don't do anything. Have they worked for you before?

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

I lived on the opposite side of the road from a wheat field, we had real problems with field mice..They really worked! Years of mice eating through the walls, the Christmas decorations! Anything in the loft! Stopped within hours.
    Yes they worked :)

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

no ..just sprinkle it around

its not too good for pets though

fine grind is best ...i use it in the yard for bears ..seems to work until we get a wet day

7. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

Guess ill buy it then.

1 person likes this.
  8. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

What brand should i buy? dollar store brand or high quality?

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

cheapest dollar store shit is what i get

10. blazefortwenty

blazefortwenty Members

k.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i use big ones those because im doing a yard and trees

for indoor it might be better to get good fresh stuff

1 person likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

easy solution: release snakes in your walls.

1 person likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Then get a mongoose to fix the snake problem. A cat to fix the mongoose problem and a dog to fix the cat problem and then you have a dog. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think they make little (tear gas) canisters small enough for mice to hold in their little forepaws.

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've been hearing them scurry around my attic lately. Also found a dead one in my basement. I live in a rural area at the moment so I'm not surprised that they are running around here, looking for a place to warm up and eat. I like to buy some trap and release boxes--put some food in the boxes, and the mice become trapped, and then you bring them outside (far from your house) and let them go. A win win :).

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You don't bait mice with food on traps, honestly the best mice trap is to put peanut butter on the trigger, they need to lick it a lot harder and SNAP! Next morning you got yourself a dead mouse. :)

Now it's getting the mouse out of the trap that's yucky so I just throw the whole thing away. :D

I don't have mice problem but they are attracted to our rabbit hay and food and we have had one in the house before. We just chased it away though.