Can You Go Back To Your Pre-Baby/ Babies Body?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Arlene Foxy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

I heard that some ladies lose all the baby weight, and go back to the body they had before pregnancy and birth. Is that true? I feel like it's impossible for me to lose the baby weight, still have flab on my tummy, wide hips, larger breasts... I have a round butt so it makes me look so much bigger. I've been exercising and dieting diligently, I had 3 natural births and the kegal exercises have worked for vagina it tightened up over the years. Women at yoga my age with kids have perky breasts and flat tummies. I literally increased from a 32 to 36 and it's obvious. Everything is wider. I tried to use a gstring from before pregnancy and it wouldn't go pass my hips/thighs.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Have you actually tried to lose it though? Like I mean, put the effort it. I don't think you just lose weight because you want to, those tiny mothers you see lower walking with that pram the day they're out. They've drive to lose weight. They been sitting down too long.

All the mothers that are like "omg omg omg how cute how sweet come and see the baby you gotta see the baby" they're the ones that never get anyway. You gotta be like "hey, here's the baby I'm going for a walk" or "sorry guy quick visit, we need to go for our walk"

Usually I get annoyed at women that work out a lot just to good like it's superficial but then, I really do admire their can do attitude and willingness to get the job done and it must feel like one heck of an achievement.

Though, in sure having a rich husband and where you can be a stay at home mum had a bit to do with it all as well. :D

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, for some. It seems to be a combination of luck and effort. Some women are just lucky bastards in that regard.

4. Lvlygrl

Lvlygrl Members

Before I had my 2 boys, I was 115 lbs, and after them, 170 lbs. I had a really hard time losing the weight but there is truth in really wanting it and trying hard. About a year ago I was going to the gym 6 days a week, and I went for 3 months and only lost 5 lbs. Now this time around, I've been on my treadmill for an hour a day for a minimum of 5 days a week at a brisk pace, and I'm talking walking to the point of nearly jogging, now I'm at the point where I can jog for while, but in 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs. Plus I cut out all carbs, sugars (which is sooooooo hard), processed foods. I pretty much ate fruits, veggies and whole foods.
    Just keep trying and don't give up, you can do it

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

It can be done and is done all the time by women. Some people have a harder time with losing the weight but the issue is often more toning than weight.

I did yoga all through the pregnancies and from the time I delivered I included my babies in my yoga. That was a tremendous benefit for recouping. I also taught mom and me classes and classes for pregnant women. Most got the duel benefit of relaxation techniques and the exercise.

The only thing that changed for me was I increased a cup size when I was done nursing.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Similar to Heat, all I kept, six months in, was a larger chest.
    Now, turning 43? That did me in.

7. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

Similar to heat, I taught classes before and during and after my pregnancy and found it helped a bunch post pardum (and for labour!) . Some people arent the same. I feel my body size went down but my skin is still loose there, and that is what I am working on. I think it's a combination of things. All woman are not the same.I have seen bounce back, and most strugggle, try to be gentle with yourself

8. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Dear ladies,

Pregnancy changes your physical structure.
    It's not just a matter of fatty tissue or something.
    We're talking about elasticity of ligaments and changes in bone density.

Not a single one of you should ever think you're failing, doing something wrong or not as pretty as you were before getting pregnant.
    As long as YOU are beautiful, you ARE beautiful.

I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be either.
    The difference?
    I didn't get pregnant and gestate another human inside of me for 9 - 10 months.

Those extra pounds, extra skin, extra whatever... that's just proof of being a mother.
    Same thing for stretch marks.
    Some call them "tiger stripes", but I prefer "dryad runes"... or something to do with dryads, anyway.

Get super fit and trim if you want, more power to you.
    But don't you dare think that your personal worth rests on that.
    Not for one fucking second.

2 people like this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't know if regular folk can, but it seems the moms in Hollywood do it all the time.

I guess if you're a millionaire with a personal trainer, anything is possible.

10. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Yeah, that's their "secret".
    They have crazy training and crazy diets that the rest of us plebs would never consider or even have the money for if we did.

Granted, anyone can do it with the right diet, exercise and determination.
    But it's nowhere near as easy when you don't have gobs of money for trainers and babysitters and specific food regimens.

Like I say though, you don't have to be a photoshopped supermodel to be hot.
    You just have to not be an asshole.

A sincere smile is way hawter than toned abs on a douchebag.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Kick frenzy, I know you mean well, and your intent is positive.
    However, please realize women do not need a male to tell them it is ok to be what they are.

Save the sweet sentiment for the woman trying to hold your attention,

12. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Of course they don't need my affirmation.
    I never suspected they did.

But it sure doesn't hurt to know that there are men out here who don't think "perfect woman" means whatever airbrushed mockery is plastered on your local billboard.

Also, there is no woman "trying" to hold my attention.
    But there is a woman I'm married to and she's got my attention FOR. EVER.
    She's amazing in countless ways, all of which make her beautiful.

:)

I gotta say this though: I really hate when people tell other people "I know you're trying to be nice, but you're not one of us so shut up".
    How the hell do females expect to achieve mutual respect if hey're constantly telling men their opinions don't matter, or count, or are welcome in any way?

Man: I'm here to support women in the best way I know how!
    Woman: Shut up... male.
    Man: The fuck? How the hell am I even supposed to talk or be respectful when it's greeted with "we don't need you"?

I know you aren't trying to be cruel, but as a male, I just think you should know it comes across that way to males who are just trying to be supportive.
    Unless you truly want any and all women's marches/protests/political activism to deny the camaraderie of anyone, instead of just women?

(Please know that I've had some alcohol and may be coming across more crass than I mean to.)

13. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Genetics plays a big role. Diet and exercise is all you can do...cannot change genetics.

14. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

If you can, I suggest going to your doctor, getting a full set of labs done, and making an appointment with a nutritionist (many insurance plans cover a visit with one for free). The labs will help you, and the nutritionist, know if there are any key areas you should focus on (cholesterol, thyroid, etc). A good nutritionist will put you on the right track with your diet, and not just tell you to cut out carbs and sugar; as if it is some magic formula that always works.

Eating carbs is not bad, as long as you eat a reasonable amount of carbs. Carbs are generally "comfort foods" and if you keep track of how many carbs you eat/drink daily, you might be surprised to see how quickly they add up. Try keeping a food diary for a week, and chances are you will see where you can cut out the bad foods, and increase the good ones. When you shop for groceries, read the labels! Don't automatically reach for "diet" or "low fat" because they are often loaded with sugar, or other ingredients that make them a poor dietary choice.

Instead of focusing on your "pre-baby" body, you might want to be more realistic about a body that you can achieve without drastic lifestyle changes. The reason so many people "fail" at losing weight is because they change too much, too quick.It is overwhelming, hard to maintain, and people give up because they feel defeated. Basically, set a goal, say 10-20 lbs/3-5 inches, and make realistic changes to your dietary/exercise routines. It will take time, but as you see results, it gets easier. Don't forget, you can be gaining weight and actually still be losing inches, as fat is burned off, and muscles build. Don't allow the weight scale discourage you. Don't let a bad week tear you down. Just keep working towards your goal. You will get there, if you work at it. Once eating healthier and exercising more become a "habit" getting the body you want back is a much more obtainable goal.

Good luck.

15. Treesa

Treesa Members

You're not alone in this I guess most women experience these insecurities after kids. If you're exercising and eating healthy and still not losing weight or getting your figure back then sweetheart buy a 36 gstring and flaunt the body you have now. You're beautiful

Deejay88 likes this.
  16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Jane returned to normal weight after all of our 3 children. She was once told that it happened because she was feeding them, but I don't know if that theory is true. It does make some sense to me, since fat production would have been consumed by producing milk.