Trump Bans The British

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Billyx1120, Feb 25, 2017.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

2. WOLF ANGEL

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Congress, the courts, and the American people all did this to themselves and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. The white house is reduced to playground insults and taunts and Trump might as well plug his ears and scream, "I can't hear you!" I've been saying all along that comedy is the only strength that democracy has left and somebody should throw trumps own bullshit right back in his face with scathing sarcasm even the right wing can appreciate. One of the first things Hitler did in power was to make it illegal for professional comedians to crack jokes about the Nazi party knowing a single good joke could ruin his public image.

4. WOLF ANGEL

[​IMG]

Seems the actions from the orator - and their Ass, has seen a wind of change that stinks
    (British insider joke)

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you missed a few words in the title

trying to sensationalize ...do you work for a media company by chance?

6. WOLF ANGEL

No - Although I did spend a few of years on the "Daily Express" Newspaper in my younger days (about 35 years ago - thanks for reminding me of how time passes - lol)
    But where I did pick up the motto = "Make the Headline attract"
    -
    The original article did include - the BBC, The Daily Mail & The Guardian Newspapers - Along with CNN, Buzzfeed and The New York Times - (although not The Washington post - hence the call out for their Reporters to follow in the steps of their predecessors)

7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When the billionaire mayor of NYC arrested 26 reporters in one day almost nobody even made it a front page news item and all he received was a slap on the wrist. Fuck the mass media they are getting exactly what they deserve and no "call to arms" can save them from their own bullshit.

8. WOLF ANGEL

I think the point to be made here is that it is not that the 'mass' media is Whiter than White, but in the selective identification of certain sections - then a particularly worrying aspect of freedom of speech becomes close to that of censorship ... and we all know what that can lead to

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When money is allowed to decide whose voice is loudest the guns are sure to follow and, like any Three Stooges slapstick, whoever wins any fight decides how you define freedom of speech because the truth simply no longer matters and your constitution has become expensive toilet paper. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Insisting we all shut up and do as they say and not as they do or just going for the throat. Even the internet is no longer safe from people like Trump calling everyone stupid and trying to shut them up.

10. WOLF ANGEL

But that has nothing to do with Freedom of speech, Expression and ... thankfully, Conviction of Conscience - which is something that Money can't buy

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

It has everything to do with freedom of speech. Since the billionaire mayor of NYC arrested 26 reporters in one day I've asked people if they even knew the event occurred and most of them had no clue, nor did they seem especially troubled to hear it had happened. They didn't know because, of course, there was no money in it for the mass media to inform them. Not when over half the population insists the mass media is evil and must lie to them for their own protection. They don't want to be an informed citizenry making decisions for themselves, but led around by the nose like so many cattle and there is no way democracy can survive in such an environment except as empty rituals and meaningless rhetoric. In over ten years not a single person has been able to tell me the simple distinction between a lynch mob and a democracy and our government has been reduced to a minority constantly making threats against the majority and even getting away with defying the law on a routine basis. Hence, the whole reason Trump is attacking both the judges and mass media because there is no respect left in the land for rule of law and good government.

12. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

How many papers and media personnel are admitted from England? 2 paper not, I imagine there are others?

13. WOLF ANGEL

Freedom of speech - like Opinions do not require money - for that is the basis for Corruption

14. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

That's complete bullshit when money can drag you through the courts at any time. A US senator himself wrote a book called "To Harass Our People" comparing the IRS to the Nazi SS and showing how they have more power and routinely use it for political purposes. The more the money itself is allowed to do the driving, and get away with whatever it wants, the less the public holds the government accountable and the more hollow their words become until the riots you see occurring today are the results because nobody fucking believes a word anybody says anymore. Democracy cannot thrive outside of maintaining specific taboos and, once those are lost, it becomes mob rule and the wealthy goading the mindless mob to attack the minorities any way they prefer, even in the name of free speech which, like democracy, cannot thrive without honesty and an informed public.

15. WOLF ANGEL

Really? = You carry on thinking that - And I'll keep Championing the Right to and Expressing MY Freedom of Speech :)

16. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Who screams the loudest is the lynch mob's measure of free speech.

17. WOLF ANGEL

Nah - Talking the talk may well be mob/yob route - but no one can gag the persistence of an individual with Conviction of, and with Conscience
    Perhaps you have been watching too much Star Trek of Borg influence??
    "Resistance, is never futile"

1 person likes this.
  18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Tell that to the lynch mob when they put the rope around your neck and I'm sure they'll be grateful for your attempts to entertain them. Just recently, the assholes attempted to silence a US senator because you might have the freedom to say whatever you want, but only until they actually hang you or, in Sam Adam's case, at least tar and feather any innocent bystanders.

19. WOLF ANGEL

Sorry - I think you've gone way off topic, the post was to bring attention to Press coverage being selectively chosen to report government communication.
    It not about mob/lynch rule, adopting bullying tactics to influence others.

FYI - My Conviction of, and Conscience has always been the same - friends lost, opportunities missed and lifestyle limited - but - Despite Adversity, peer and public pressure - this will never change and I will continue to keep the faith - ... It's a pity that others feel content that the loudest voices and biggest of bullies mean that acceptance is the only option

Woodward and Bernstein took on the US Government - they weren't personally powerful, Aggresiely srong - just persistent

20. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Selective press coverage is the mindless mob insisting nobody says anything they don't approve of and is fundamentally no different than allowing money to run the entire mass media however they prefer. Sure, when you are at war with someone, you don't necessarily want to give them press access or have quite so transparent a government, but doing so in peace time with your own closest allies like Britain and with your own news agencies is flagrant suppression of freedom of speech.

Again, in over ten years of my asking not a single person has been able to tell me the simple distinction between a lynch mob and a democracy. The distinction is that democracy requires the cooperation of minorities because, without it, what you have is civil war and revolution. Of course, you don't need their cooperation in every way or all the time, but without a significant amount of cooperation what you have is civil war and revolution rather than a functional democracy. I know, I know, its hard to believe that good government requires cooperation and that the majority just can't get everything they want all the time, but life sucks and then you die if you never learn how to get along with others. That's why Americans are now rioting and protesting in the streets insisting Trump is not their president and things can only get uglier the longer this keeps up.