Ads That Annoy You

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Feb 21, 2017.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Back in the early 70s before cigarette ads were banned, their were a number of shots of adverts featuring airline pilots, ships captains and other prestigious jobs, They all ended with a pack-shot of a packet of cigarettes and the caption, Rothmans, for the man who really knows what he is doing.

At the same time, adverts were being made by the same agency for Andrex professional toilet paper, Don't ask me who dreamed up the idea of calling it professional.

One evening after the video transfer for television, I decided to have some fun in the editing suite.
    I started with the cigarette ad action shot,...... Cut to the Andrex pack-shot..... Then added the caption...... Andrex, for the man who really knows how to wipe his arse.

The producer was not amused the next morning. Funny how he instantly blamed me.:worried::worried::worried:

GLENGLEN and Deidre like this.
  2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Can someone tell me why this ad is still getting airplay? Seriously, does it actually make you want to eat Skittles?

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

television annoys me. the ads are probably the best things on there, until you've seen each of them a few hundred times.
    glad to not be owned by one, and have enough imagination to think of better things to do with my time.
    when i'm really feeling lazy, i can just watch my own animations on the computer until i fall asleep.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

theres this new super long one for "my pillow"...i swear its like 5 minutes long and just annoying loud music with barely any words....annoying as fuck

Amerijuanican likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

does a bear shit in the woods? and if he does, does he know how to clean his butthole?

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I will actually stop what I'm doing to watch Gieco ads