Bill Would Allow Killing Of Bears And Wolves Again On Alaska Wildlife Refuges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Moonglow181, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Not very cool. I hope they see both sides of this issue before it passes.

3. Moonglow181

This news is so sad...I do not know what to do, Soul!

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Think it said it already passed. But hey right at the bottom, lol. Alaskans know best.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I suppose you would rather have the population explode, where they have limited resources for food and attack people and livestock more often.

Human beings and salmon all taste the same to a starving 1500lb bear.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In sure they'd have to regulate it. Like you can't just go around killing 100 bears for the sake of it.

I don't like this plane shit either, like that one spokesperson said, that's not fucking sport. Neither is baiting them. She nailed it.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

when it comes to baby caribou and young moose population vs, grizzlies and wolves who do nothing but kill kill kill all day and night... ....i vote for the peaceful animals over the vicious ones everytime

8. Moonglow181

and I could argue that some men do nothing but kill all day and night....too.....aka slaughterhouses, ect......so should some bigger prey come along and randomly shoot humans from air planes,, too?....and then what about the deer hunters. Deer are very peaceful animals and do not kill to eat.....They graze.

Orison, I do not buy your argument about starvation.............I wish people would just be honest and say they like to kill......If someone can afford hunting liscences, gear and can afford to hunt out of airplanes, they can afford to go to the store to buy something to eat. I have known very poor people who do hunt their allotted deer...and do not go over their alotment as many people do, and they do not brag about it. Some show respect for their kill.

We have all been down this road before......I will not change your feelings about it, and you will not change mine. I just ask anyone who wants to talk about all life as one.....Does that include all of life?...as it should? Is it anything's fault to what it is born as? If you were born a bear or wolf in this case, should no one care about you, because you were born that wolf or bear? Would that make you happy if no one cared?
    You are just someone's meal on the table.....that is all. Your life means nothing......
    Animal studies are showing that all animals have feelings, and emotions just like people......and they face many hardships. It is not their fault nature made it, so they have to kill to eat, if they are not grazers....but we do have a choice......don't we?

Now, Sarah Palin gets her wish...for hunting these animals out of planes....one of the reasons that made me hate her so much.......

I cannot help it that I care about all life forms as much as I do...and I cannot help it if you don't.......

I do not know what else to say .

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I'm for it. It'll keep the population down. What's wrong with it?

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yeah but boring old mooses aren't going to get the children excited. No one goes to a zoo to see a moose.
    When you're a child the imagination of these big scary animals is what drives us to take an interest in wildlife and animals.
    For me it was bears, wolves and big cats. I grew up on a farm, I didn't care about sheep or cows, or deer.. certainly no moose. :D

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm not anti-hunting, but I am very much anti-poaching of endangered and threatened animals.

If population numbers are getting out of hand in the ecosystem, human intervention via hunting is a good thing.

I've never hunted before. But I have gone fishing, crabbing, and killed a wild duck with my bare hands. In my defense, it was critically injured and there was no way in rescuing it. It was the tastiest duck I ever had. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Where I live, deer are pests. They raid and pillage people's gardens and flower beds. They attack people's dogs ( I speak from experience). They spread lime disease and a bunch of other viruses. And they're a road hazard. I once snuck up on a deer by hiding behind a car as it was approaching me one time. When it got 5 feet away from me I jumped out and yelled Booo! really loud. I gave it a mini seizure before it ran away

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Timothy Treadwell approves this thread

oh wait....

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

moon sheds tears. you know absolutely nothing about wildlife, you must think they walk into walmart and buy their food..
    you are a sheltered little girl.. ya really need to stop make assumptions of why wild animals need culled. Oh its because they buy a hunting license, they just get to freely kill whatever they want.. It dont work that way.. There are limits no matter where game is taken. Poachers get dealt with by game officials. Have you no Animal Planet on cable?/North Wood Law is like that everywhere in the CONUS. There is no wild wild west just randomly killing, trapping, luring killing going on anywhere... Legally taken game meat is often given to food banks and people that can no longer support themselves ... Like aging Alaskan Natives... None of these animals are on the endangered list. In fact they are more endangered when their species population outgrows their habitat.. Very little human beings there to begin with.. This is not the main issue.. These animals will become out of control for their confined spaces, killing their own kind for survival.. Bears and Wolves dont kill each other til their communities are fucked.. kinda like people..

14. Moonglow181

Oh, my.....I certainly hope that we all sheltered here with a roof of some kind over our heads......but you really do not know anything about me and what I have experienced in life, ect......so I had to giggle at your assessment of me....but this thread is not about me.....

So I would hope you do not oppose abortion to further add to the over population problem of the planet.....where man is spreading like a virus taking all of these animal's natural habitats, upsetting nature's balances.....ect.....but there is man.....image of god....to decide what gets to live or not....and take care of the problems he created.

I am tired of the same ole justifications. I could never kill anything and I do not understand anyone who can...other than if an animal or person was really threatening your life and going to kill you first.....

I am not here as a hate campaign to those that can kill animals.....as orison, I really don't hate you. I heard your video a month or so ago and thought you have a wonderful voice... :)

but this thread is not about you, either.... :)

I just cannot kill anything...pretty plain, simple and straight forward statement from me...no judgements....

15. Moonglow181

I do not think I need any more convincing that the appointed government in place now, is the most HEARTLESS I have ever seen. It just gets worse and worse every day on all fronts.....
    This is from my ASPCA emails today.....
    I guess if they had a conscience , it would bother them...:(

it's outrageous.
    The House of Representatives just voted to overturn a rule to protect grizzly bears from being caught in cruel steel-jaw leghold traps and suffering horribly for hours on end in Alaska’s national wildlife refuges.
    Without warning or explanation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture purged its website of all government inspection reports on thousands of puppy mills, laboratories, roadside zoos and other facilities.
    Bureaucratic bungling is allowing abuse of Tennessee walking horses to continue.
    Animals are under attack. So many gains you've helped make for animals in recent years are in danger of being rolled back. Gutted. Eliminated.
    Please, help stop this blatant attack on animals: Make an emergency gift today.
    Animals rely on people from across the political spectrum to stand up for them. Republicans, Democrats and Independents alike are outraged that Congress, the new administration and the federal bureaucracy are taking actions that will lead to immense animal suffering.
    Only you can stop it. Please... make a special, urgent gift to The Humane Society of the United States right now»
    With your support, we'll fight these rollbacks. We'll fight to ensure that bears, wolves and other animals on wildlife refuges in Alaska are spared the misery of being caught in cruel traps or shot in their dens. We'll work to persuade the USDA to stop covering up for animal abusers. We'll work to get the rule that prohibits horse "soring" reinstated, so that Tennessee Walking Horses will endure that pain no longer.
    We'll remain vigilant to other threats sure to come. And, with your support, we'll make a stand for animals.
    , this is a critical time for animals and for those who care about their protection. Together, you and The HSUS work tirelessly to put an end to all forms of animal cruelty, abuse and neglect.
    Please make a gift right now to stop these attacks and protect the gains you've made for animals.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for all you do for animals.
    [​IMG]
    Wayne Pacelle, President & CEO