WTF? Taking a Leak Ok 1 more

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 08:38 AM

It's weird that a Fox News reporter is the one who gets it.  The rest are too stuck on the played out "I hate Trump" bullshit to see that his schtick doesn't need any enhancement.  It's bad enough as it is.

Let's see how long Smith lasts. Trump supporters are out for his head for speaking truth to power.

http://www.thewrap.c...-out-president/

#22 Okiefreak

Okiefreak

• PipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 08:48 AM

i wish he was only a carnival barker and not trying to run the country like a mafia godfather.

i didn't know it was going to happen, didn't know it was going on so i didn't see it

so i can't really say anything about this particular event.

(somehow i don't feel like i missed a whole lot)

there was a reason ancient kings did not kill the bard.

napolion of bedlam. 

we need to rewind the election, with whole new players,

god only knows what we'll get, but this one isn't working.

Amen. But unfortunately it's reality and we can't do a rewind. I don't think Republicans in Congress have the guts for a showdown with him, since they're hoping to use him to put through their economic programs. So we're stuck. John Oliver compared it to being on a plane and discovering that the pilot is a wombat.

• soulcompromise likes this

#23 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationThe State of Intoxication

Posted February 17 2017 - 10:09 AM

Fox News couldn't find their own ass with both hands. The only thing they get is what makes money and attacking Trump right now is a guaranteed way to double your money in the press. Legally, they are "entertainment" rather than "news" and have been caught lying on the air about anything including egregious public health hazards. The other news channels just haven't caught up with the reality they themselves created the monster who can now dismiss anything they say as "fake news" because nobody is even listening to what little truth is being spoken.

I consider everything that pops up on a screen to be entertainment or otherwise some form of art.  

#24 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 10:10 AM

Then there's this

Screen-Shot-2016-06-06-at-4.08.24-PM.png

#25 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 12:30 PM

At his Feb 16th press conference, Trump blamed Rep. Cummings for his not meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus and told journalist April Ryan to arrange the meeting for him.  Cummings has said that Trump's statement is false.  The CBC said it contacted Trump but didn't get a reply.

http://www.usatoday....ments/98007346/

quote:

"In response to Trump's comments, the CBC tweeted, "Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We're the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad!""

#26 egger

egger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 12:38 PM

Then there's this

And also this (a prophetic clip from the late 1970's)

#27 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 01:11 PM

And also this (a prophetic clip from the late 1970's)

Johnny Carson was a class act.  One of my favorite political quotes by him was "People in my line of work have been waiting for a family like the Carters to get into the white house for a long long time".  He was referring to the weird back story of various goofs during the Carter years.  Billy Carter taking a whiz by a plane on a tarmac, the white house sending a picture of Carter and his wife to the prime minister of India, in a leather picture frame and those ghastly cardigan sweaters.

Edited by Dick Paradise, February 17 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#28 Dick Paradise

Dick Paradise

Large Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 01:26 PM

At his Feb 16th press conference, Trump blamed Rep. Cummings for his not meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus and told journalist April Ryan to arrange the meeting for him.  Cummings has said that Trump's statement is false.  The CBC said it contacted Trump but didn't get a reply.

http://www.usatoday....ments/98007346/

quote:

"In response to Trump's comments, the CBC tweeted, "Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We're the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad!""

I wonder what was in the letter.  And I wonder if someone on his staff goofed it up as they seem to be goofing so many other things up.  Realistically I doubt a guy like Trump reads his mail, so if there was a breakdown in communications, I doubt we'll ever know how it might have happened.  I'm thinking GW had friction with the CBC as well as the NAACP, so it might just be the usual business kicking in.  I will say though that I don't buy the press accounts when these kinds of things happen.  Too often they are wrong and never admit it.  Look at all the shit they said about Bernie that wasn't accurate.  

I personally think Trump needs to meet with them, but I think he should make good on his campaign promise to deal with inner city issues first so he can walk in with some level of common interest.  Otherwise he's just a rich honkey to the folks at the CBC.

#29 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationAnother Universe

Posted February 17 2017 - 03:01 PM

I consider everything that pops up on a screen to be entertainment or otherwise some form of art.  

Then the TV "news" can't justify their existence without embellishing upon Trump. Either they add to the bread and circuses or they might as well just let the man have his own "Trump News" show.

#30 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted February 17 2017 - 05:28 PM

18 WTF Moments From Trump's Unhinged Press Conference

"Oh, how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips"

~ Goethe