hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,778 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted February 16 2017 - 10:52 PM

What I saw was a raving lunatic 

Hotwater

• themnax, Moonglow181 and Kitkatt like this
Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#12 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 20,622 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted February 16 2017 - 11:37 PM

i wish he was only a carnival barker and not trying to run the country like a mafia godfather.

i didn't know it was going to happen, didn't know it was going on so i didn't see it

so i can't really say anything about this particular event.

(somehow i don't feel like i missed a whole lot)

there was a reason ancient kings did not kill the bard.

napolion of bedlam. 

we need to rewind the election, with whole new players,

god only knows what we'll get, but this one isn't working.

Edited by themnax, February 16 2017 - 11:42 PM.

• Lynnbrowngreen likes this

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#13 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,012 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 02:58 AM

Is that the positive spin the Trump supporters are trying to push on this, that he made some good points on the mess he inherited and on the leaks?

For fuck sake would these people see a train wreck and say ‘well at least the engine didn’t blow up and I can see at least two of the 15 carriages, till standing up....oh the engine has now blown up...but at least a few people are still alive'

I really wonder how much of reality is seeping into the Trump bubble?

• themnax, Okiefreak and Moonglow181 like this
Posted Image

#14 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,012 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 04:18 AM

There were worrying hints in this ‘show’ – for one it’s like someone just told him what nuclear holocaust is and that like it wouldn’t be a good thing.

“I’ve been briefed…and I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we’re allowed to say …because anybody who ever read the most basic book can say it…nuclear holocaust would be like no other.”

And goes on to explain why it’s good to be on good terms with Russia because they have nuclear weapons and like you know  - They're a very powerful nuclear country and so are we. If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me, that's a good thing, not a bad thing – because of the whole nuclear holocaust thing one presumes.

What about China, I mean why does he seemingly want to piss off China.

[Russia is thought to have 1,800 the US about the same France 300, China 240, UK 200, Israel 100, Pakistan and India around 100. Those with intercontinental ballistic missiles -the US, Russia, China, France, Pakistan, India, UK and maybe Israel.]

• Okiefreak and Moonglow181 like this
Posted Image

#15 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,012 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 04:53 AM

Then I remembered from the campaign time when Trump asked “If we have them [nuclear weapons] why can’t we use them?”

Well I’m guessing someone had to sit him down and explain to him why nuclear weapons are not used and what devastating effect even a limited nuclear war would have on the world and this is such brand new news to him that he just has to share it with other – ‘hey you might think using nukes would be good but I can tell you -because this is the kind of thing Presidents get briefed on – that actually having a nuclear war would be a bad thing’

I then though who is he talking to? I mean I don’t think anyone in that room though nuclear war was good (unless Steve Bannon was there) so was this aimed at his base was he trying to tell them?

• Lynnbrowngreen and Moonglow181 like this
Posted Image

#16 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,860 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted February 17 2017 - 05:09 AM

The guy is a carnival barker.  The media is a joke, but so is he, and so is everything that's presented to the public at face value.

Everything may seem a joke when we take it at face value but are we supposed to take eveything at face value? When we do not, most people acknowledge the media is not so uniformly a joke. Of course many people like to portray the whole media as such.

It's like when Trump says journalists are the most dishonest kind of people there are... this while any retard knows and can see that unscrupolous businessmen take the cake there anyday.

Edited by Asmo, February 17 2017 - 05:11 AM.

#17 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,998 posts
  • LocationBlueberry Hill

Posted February 17 2017 - 05:36 AM

i wish he was only a carnival barker and not trying to run the country like a mafia godfather.

i didn't know it was going to happen, didn't know it was going on so i didn't see it

so i can't really say anything about this particular event.

(somehow i don't feel like i missed a whole lot)

there was a reason ancient kings did not kill the bard.

napolion of bedlam. 

we need to rewind the election, with whole new players,

god only knows what we'll get, but this one isn't working.

It really must be viewed in its entirety.

It should be used in high school civics classes as starting point for a lesson in the United States government and the role of the President. 

"Oh, how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips"

~ Goethe

#18 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,998 posts
  • LocationBlueberry Hill

Posted February 17 2017 - 05:42 AM

Many things in that conference concerned me, here's one:

He was talking about the Viktor Leonov, the Russian spy ship off our coast,

“The greatest thing I could do is shoot that ship that’s 30 miles offshore right out of the water,” he said. “Everyone in this country is going to say, ‘ohh, it’s so great'. That’s not great. That’s not great. I would love to be able to get along with Russia.

Remember that ship is in international water.

So what is he talking about????

• Asmo and Okiefreak like this

"Oh, how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips"

~ Goethe

#19 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationAnother Universe

Posted February 17 2017 - 07:28 AM

It's weird that a Fox News reporter is the one who gets it.  The rest are too stuck on the played out "I hate Trump" bullshit to see that his schtick doesn't need any enhancement.  It's bad enough as it is.

Fox News couldn't find their own ass with both hands. The only thing they get is what makes money and attacking Trump right now is a guaranteed way to double your money in the press. Legally, they are "entertainment" rather than "news" and have been caught lying on the air about anything including egregious public health hazards. The other news channels just haven't caught up with the reality they themselves created the monster who can now dismiss anything they say as "fake news" because nobody is even listening to what little truth is being spoken.

Edited by Wu Li Heron, February 17 2017 - 07:30 AM.

#20 NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas

Old Fart

• PipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts
  • LocationIn the bowels of all mankind

Posted February 17 2017 - 07:40 AM

The guy is a carnival barker.  The media is a joke, but so is he, and so is everything that's presented to the public at face value.

it's so easy to adopt that attitude, "it's all rigged, they are all puppets and all the media is in on it"

kinda lets you off the hook of any personal responsibility, after all why bother, it's all rigged anyway.

• Okiefreak, Lynnbrowngreen and Meliai like this
"Do the walls close in and suffocate ya,
you ain't got no friends and all the others they hate ya,
does the life you been leading gotta go?"

"get your shoes and socks on people,
it's right around the corner"

"the poodle bi-i-ites,
the poodle chews it"

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop