Did You Attend Your High School Reunion(S) .....with A Toaster?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Pete's Draggin', Feb 16, 2017.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

A couple of reunions have passed by. I never cared or had any interested to go.........not even to go with a toaster.

I hung out with the potheads and burnouts all the time. If I can remember there was me and ten other guys that had long hair. Reunions seemed more geared for the jocks, cheerleaders and the people that were popular.

I guess some reasons to go would be to see:
    1. The person who now has a lot of kids (but no job)
    2. The hot person who really let themselves go
    3. The geek person who got hot
    4. The person who never moved away and is still friends with the people from your graduating class
    5. The person who became really successful at something they were already doing in high school
    6. The person who showed off all the time .... comes to the reunion and continues to show off
    7. The person who was secretly dating the teacher and now they are married with children.

Toker likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

So you went to my school? Haha with a toaster, of course!

2 people like this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, I stayed home. With my trusty toaster of course :cheers2:

3 people like this.
  4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No

1 person likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

But you did have a toaster right?

1 person likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My class didnt do a 10 year reunion, not enough people showed interest. We all know what we're all up to because of facebook so no one really had enough curiosity to go lol. I think the few people who were interested did get together for bar hopping or something but i did not attend.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I dont know nor have I met since , anyone I was at school with ! So I cant really say I would go to one of those things
    Tbh I am more interested in life now than anything that happened when I was there !
    People say " your School days are the best time of your Life " they are wrong
    Unless your life Sucks Balls of course ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nahhh.

There was one, couple years back maybe. I heard nobody showed up anyway, none of the good people anyway. Like me. =p

NOT.

I wouldn't be caught dead with any of those cunts anyway never understood a reunion I never liked them then I sure as hell ain't gonna start liking them now.

My high school life in a new school wasn't my most fondest memories. I met my girl which is good but my friends were her friends. She was the first person to talk to me on my first day. Intrigued by what I wore around my neck. She was 3 grades above me which was very significant at the time. When she finished school I was alone for the first time there I never really had my own friends just the friends I had with her.

When I did end up being at school by myself I had to make friends, it ended up alright I guess, but at lunch and breaks I'd run off to find my girl, who had a license by then so I'd be this cool girl jumping in a car to have sex at lunch time. :D

I'll reunion that part of school, but you could lock the assembly hall and set it alight for all I care. The ones I care about are smart enough to escape and the ones that aren't.. have no bearing on my life to really worry about. :D

3 people like this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my class had a 10 year reunion. coincidentally, that was the only year since high school that i was living near my hometown, so since it was only 5 or 10 minutes away anyway, i went. it was fun. probably about half the class was there, maybe a little more than half. it was a small class and i had been friends or at least friendly with most of them in school, and had minimal contact with any of them since, so it was interesting to catch up. we were a bunch of hillbillies growing up and we celebrated that by having our reunion in a barn with a lot of beer, just like old times.

that's probably 2/3 of my class.

1 person likes this.
  10. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I went to the 5 year reunion which was a huge waste of my time. Got into an argument with my friends girlfriend because she thought I was after her man. I have known him since 6th grade and never had an interest. Nevermind the fact that I had already been happily married for 3 years and my husband was standing next to me. They are divorced now and I see him weekly...with my husband.

Refused to go to the 10 year reunion.

They talked about a 15 year and nothing happened.

This year is my 20 year. We'll see if they plan something or if I decide to go. I'm still undecided.

1 person likes this.
  11. Kairi

Kairi Banned

No I didn't attend mine

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i never have and i never will

facebook stalking fills me in enough ...kind of nice to see that the nicer people have kids and family of their own....kind of shitty to see some of the complete goofs also got the same

no need to see it in person

kind of depressing right now actually thinking of the many school friends that died already...

1 person likes this.
  13. Scratched

Scratched Members

Mine is this next month...don't wanna go because of the #6's.

But the toaster thing could be interesting, esp. if we get in the pool. :punk:

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I've never been to one and I fear it may soon be too late - I'd like to find out how many of my classmates still use the personal pronoun

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

The ten year was in 2008. I was still drinking at that time so.. I didn't go for personal reasons. I guess I just didn't want to be the guy that never quite made it away from drugs and alcohol, which is what it would have turned into if anyone asked what I was up to. The 20 year is next year. I may go, but honestly I'm not sure why. I was selling acid in high school, so lots of people will remember that, but other than that and like Irminsul mentioned, I was with a girlfriend a whole big chunk of that time. My last two years at school were basically monopolized by being together with my girlfriend, and then after, not having one and taking way too much speed and ditching school a bunch. So... I don't know how people are supposed to remember me. But at this point I don't really care and am sort of willing to see what happens. :)

16. drock69

drock69 Members

I went to my 25 year reunion and vowed never to go to another one. Only the people in the middle go to reunions. By that I mean, the successful high earners and the drug addicts or the ones that been to the penitentiary don’t go to reunions. The only ones left are those who don’t fit in either categories. The ones in the middle.

17. maineiac

maineiac Members

I have my 40 year reunion coming up and won’t be going to that one either. Previous reunions have centered around golf and I considered it pointless to go because none of my friends were interested in things like that. Most of the girls in my graduating class were kind of stuck up and never seemed to like me very much, I did not go to prom either.

18. Sumbaljack

Sumbaljack Members

I hated many bastards at school, so why would I want to see them again. So I did not go.

19. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

My class has only had one reunion, at 25 years. I went and it was fun. The guy who was the biggest stoner in the class was now a doctor.

This year would be 50 years. I have not heard anything about another reunion. Kind of disappointing, actually. Although I wouldn't attend in person (not worth the plane fare for one weekend), it would have been fun to catch up electronically. I would have some stories to tell about the last 25 years.

20. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I went to a school Reunion a few years ago .

I was the only guy with hair on my head. A bit of a shocker as the guys looked aged and many clearly out of condition . :confused::eek: