Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company
Photo
- - - - -

Happiness Is Born Out Of Sensation, And Bliss Is Born Out Of Non-Sensation...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted February 15 2017 - 10:49 PM

As we descend deeper into subtleties, we will have to drop our attachment to excitement. There is a place inside which is devoid of any excitement, which the Buddha has called Shunya, the void. 

It has been called a void because no excitement exists there.  And until you have had an experience of this,  you will not be able to experience bliss at all. 

Now try to understand the difference: happiness is born out of sensation, and bliss is born out of non-sensation.  In happiness there is a friction involved; in bliss there is a void,  peace. 

That is why,  in the search for happiness, every happiness turns into a suffering - because you need a greater and greater sensation of happiness.  Today a woman appears to be beautiful, but after being with her for a few days she no longer appears to be so beautiful. After being with her for a few more days you will need an even more beautiful woman, because your senses have in the meantime become used to that level of arousal - so now you need a greater stimulus. 

With experience excitement dies - that is why happiness turns into suffering. That which you have not yet experienced still appears to promise happiness, but when you get it,  the same experience becomes suffering. The moment you have it, it becomes unhappiness. Happiness becomes unhappiness because the experience of excitement demands a greater and greater stimulus. And with each experience your sensitivity goes on decreasing until a time comes when you cannot experience anything,  because all your senses have become completely dull, they have all become numb.  And then you begin your search for the ultimate experience. 

-- Osho

Truth comes into being when gratification, the desire for sensation, comes to an end. 

-- Jiddu Krishnamurti

From these sayings of Osho and Jiddu Krishnamurti, we can understand the temporary nature of all material pleasures and sensations, which promises joy in the beginning , though suffering and misery later on. 

One expends much time, effort and resources in procuring material pleasures which however starts becoming boring and limited, and one starts seeking new stimulus's in the name of happiness which has the same end result. All intellectual and sensory gratification, leaves one yearning for more, leaving one empty and unfulfilled. And there is no seeming end to the process. 

Spiritual bliss and joy on the other hand is inexpensive and more of a permanent nature, leaving one content and fulfilled. 

Modern man , due to the craze of materialistic possessions and consumerism which he thinks is synonymous with happiness, harbors an endless number of desires, the fulfillment of which is disproportionate to his or her means. And this results in an imbalance in the human system due to the limited nature of senses, resources and the unlimited nature of desires. 

Once we understand the folly of seeking happiness in outside stimuli alone, and work on developing spiritual bliss as well, this would result in a more balanced approach and attitude to life. And better economics and a more just allocation of resources. 

As Mahatma Gandhi stated, "The world has enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but not everyone's greed."

If every person on earth wants his or her own fleet of expensive cars or private jet or mansion, it is bound to create chaos on earth. It is the false belief set of modern humanity in believing that happiness and fulfilment lies in material abundance that is setting huge pressure on the planet's natural resources with wildlife getting the worst part of it. 

Thus all nature conservation efforts also needs a shift in man's philosophy , for any effect to be substantial and positive. 

Edited by Ajay0, February 15 2017 - 10:53 PM.

• archenemy likes this

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle

#2 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,838 posts

Posted February 15 2017 - 11:36 PM

what...you are not chasing that next thrill like the majority of what I read on this forum?

I ask why should there be a paradise after death, when people cannot even take responsibility for this one...there should be another one?

Some kind of reward for what exactly?

Yes, I am not in the best of moods after watching Monsters and Mysteries Unsolved Animal Apocalypse....Series 1 episode 10 today.....Birds falling out of the sky due to Fourth of July firework display...man's thrill...bees dieing and disappearing at an alarming rate...bats have a fungus eating them....and it is only going to get worse.....

Edited by Moonglow181, February 15 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#3 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 19,245 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted February 16 2017 - 12:00 AM

Life's a scam.
Do what you want.
Live how you feel fit.
Don't let anyone tell you what you're doing isn't worth doing.
You aren't getting out of this world alive, make it count. :)

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#4 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,838 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 12:05 AM

I am peaceful and happy with myself.....and find I am better off alone somewhere. It is other people's bull shit that makes me unhappy.

• morrow and archenemy like this

#5 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 19,245 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted February 16 2017 - 12:35 AM

I get the alone space for sure. I've always said that I am my own best friend and can function so happily while on my lonesome.

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#6 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 03:59 AM

If every person on earth wants his or her own fleet of expensive cars or private jet or mansion,

Like Osho?

Actually though I agree with your general point here. True happiness has to come from within. The more one depends on externals to be happy, the less secure happiness is.

quote from William Blake: 

"He who binds himself to a joy, doth the winged life destroy. He who catches a joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise"

• Ajay0 likes this

'Delicacy and dignity are taught by the heart and not by the dancing master' - Dostoevsky.

#7 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 05:24 AM

Like Osho?

Osho had 365 Rolls Royces, one for each day of the year. His purpose was to make a statement that being rich is not a vice as some were conditioned to believe and hence harbor a guilty complex on that account . He had also expressed it as a publicity stunt to attract people to his philosophy of Zorba the Buddha, of being both spiritually and materially wealthy. 

Here is an interview of his with respect to his 365 rolls royces. 

I am not a worshipper of poverty. That's what those Rolls Royces prove. I respect wealth. Nobody before me had the guts to say it. The pope cannot say that he respects wealth, although he is the wealthiest man on the earth.

- Osho

Edited by Ajay0, February 16 2017 - 05:48 AM.

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle

#8 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationAnother Universe

Posted February 16 2017 - 08:53 AM

If you believe the lack of sensation is bliss, then death may be the only real blessing you'll ever know.

Sensations come and go and, without contentment which comes at no cost, any sensation is merely sensationalism.

#9 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,838 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 08:59 AM

I agree with many of the principles in OP's opening statements.....

Money can't buy you love....not really.....or happiness....it only fills the void until then next day and on and on....

You have to find all of that within.....and loving something or someone is its own reward.

#10 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,838 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 09:09 AM

We live in a fast food, fast moving, fast paced society....throw away society....it is the..... next....... society...., as in NEXT....Nothing has any value any more for many.....

Edited by Moonglow181, February 16 2017 - 09:10 AM.

Click to shop at Zamnesia