Solar Cycle Ice Age

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Aerianne, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So what do you think about this?

They say it will be here by 2030.

Hubby keeps up with that news.

He says "they" are brainstorming about growing crops on floating greenhouses at the equator.

He thinks all the political news, etc. is to distract people from the coming ice age in which almost everybody on Earth is going to freeze to death.

I haven't researched the topic but I hear him talk about it often enough that I wanted to make a thread about it.

2. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

They've only recently started doing the first 3D simulations of the inside of the sun that seem to indicate that chaotic physics and fractal geometry are involved. For the last ten years or so they've been collecting enormous volumes of footage and measurements of the external sun and started sorting out the dynamics which resemble a complex dynamo that can produce any number of poles with the north and south poles of the sun having as many as a dozen or more poles spinning in circles. Recently, someone explained how quantum mechanics allow the sun's corona or exterior to actually be hotter than the core of the sun itself. It might take a little while, but the ability to actually predict solar minimums and how severe they might appears to be right around the corner with the next generation of computers. Correcting or preventing them is Star Trek technology that could require another thousand years to acquire. So far, the evidence that they cause ice ages seems to be that, assuming they do, it is extremely rare with most ice ages being caused by a wide variety of changes in the ecology including, for example, the release of large amounts of fresh water into the oceans as will occur assuming that Greenland is melting due to global warming. One ice age was created when all the great lakes finally emptied into the Atlantic and, currently, ice around the world is melting at incredible rates including an enormous continent sized chunk in Antarctica that appears ready to almost break off altogether. The cold water and salt water can cause the ocean's ability to convey heat around the world like a conveyor belt to be disrupted. Ships are now routinely navigating over the north pole in summer because there's nothing left of it anymore at that time of year.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have you ever heard of John Casey? Do you keep up with Suspicious 0bservers (Ben Davidson) on youtube? Hubby wants to know.

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Never heard of them. My only interest in such things is in the physics and, at that, only how the physics applies to my personal philosophy.

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know. I have not heard of this before. I guess anything is possible.
    That means we have 13 years or so left.
    Is there anything you would change about your life?

I just need to paint more...and paint like crazy.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Seems ridicilously unlikely to me. We'll see I guess. Less then 2 decades away so... :p :)

Or the enter button? ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Or alt+f5

8. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I just bought a new fridge freezer as well. What a waste of money.

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Uhm, you still need one for at least a decade!

10. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Spoil my joke on a technicality, why don't you..

11. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Ice ages happen, still, I'm not holding my breath either. What concerns me more is its pretty obvious billions of people may very well suffer and die needlessly within this century due to the greenhouse effect, pollution, etc. and we are already in the middle of one of the worst extinction events in the history of the planet.

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Agreed... and not just people. They say eating meat causes suffering but in the end soja and palm oil production causes just as much... It's not just the anticipated climate change why we need to change our ways regarding energy, production and consumption.

13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Money and the guns are doing almost all the talking worth listening to and, so long as that's the case, they'll just keep slowly destroying everything they touch. For example, soon enough, it will become dirt cheap to produce clean energy forcing those with the money and the guns to abandon the energy industry for the most part, but they'll just focus on something else with the public turning a jaundiced eye to the whole affair. I'm afraid that until the crap really hits the fan the public will never wake up. Its the same issue we faced during the great dust bowl. Progressives went all over the south for decades before it occurred offering to show farmers cheap and easy ways to prevent the disaster and they just laughed in their faces.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it has already happened with patents on seeds for the basic food stocks, Nestle has just about fixed a monopoly on fresh water reserves, etc.,etc.
    food and water is where the big bucks are gonna be.