The Horrible Ghost Of Detroit.

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Yeah, I guess I can tell you all. I live in Detroit. And people don't often talk about it much anymore, Detroit I mean. But I will say one thing, that might surprise you all. We do have our share of ghost stories, believe it or not. The following one is from Martin Street in Detroit. I first heard the story when I was a kid. Read it, but realize, it is not for the faint of heart: http://motorcityblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/horrible-hag-of-detroit.html

Yeah, just a couple of question I still have about this ghost story. Is the house still in existence? And have the present owners encountered anything strange or untoward?

This might sound strange to some of you. But if I ever win the lottery, I would love to buy this house. Then, I imagine, I could rent it out to parapsychologists to spend the night there. I am serious.

The "hag" isn't the only ghostly apparition, BTW. There also is the Nain Rouge, a mischievous red elf, that always appears before tragic events in Detroit. But I will leave that one for another day.

:alien: [​IMG] [​IMG]

DrRainbow and Irminsul like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know why detroit wouldn't have ghost stories. it's pretty much the perfect setting for a haunting. at least the last time i was there, it was basically an abandoned city like you might see in a post apocalyptic movie.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know some people in those paranormal groups that constantly look for new haunts with sleep over possibilities.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a sucker for a good ol' ghost story. :)

5. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Sorry about the late reply (I've been busy). Well, you know, I'minmyunderwear, Detroit isn't all bad. (I'm sure that's not what you meant, but still :) .) I for example live in a nice, thriving neighborhood. Kids play outside, and there is only one abandoned house on the block (right next to me, naturally[​IMG] ). Detroit is also supposedly making a comeback, they say at least. The downtown area is experiencing unprecedented development, but upper middle class people, no less. Also, I've been thinking. And you know, you're right. There are a lot of open fields in Detroit, where scores of abandoned house have been knocked down. But that leaves the area all the more open to development some day, I think, at least. Maybe someday someone will come in, and build new houses on these empty expanses.

So almost everything you can say about Detroit is true. And it can surprise you too, sometimes, I have noticed.

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how would a ghost be "horrible"?
    other then as a reminder of what they had been a victim of.

detroit i've never been there,
    but i'm sure lots of horrible things people do to each other has.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Detroit? Perish the the thought. One of the more peaceful cities in the world.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

is it black?

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is another meaning of ghost.
    i prefer things that are neither physical nor imaginary, to define all matters of the spirit.

every piece of ground was there before anything was ever built on it.
    every place can remain sacred, depending on what you build,
    and how much it respects the diversity of all things that are there,
    before we ourselves ever approach it.

america itself will remain 'haunted', until each place, is returned to its own unique, balanced, and thousands of years ancient, culture.
    (not swords and guns and a book of beliefs, and yes gods are fine, and no, books of beliefs are not their will nor hand, not do they have an image to be created in,
    but rather all images and forms belong to them, without status nor favor)

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wow almost 3 years ago. I can even Stevens still remember writing this. Like it was only 3mths ago.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The real ghost of Detroit

Back in October of 1966 Detroit Edison’s Fermi-1 nuclear reactor had an partial meltdown, if it had ever gone critical they could have experienced what is known as The China Syndrome

It wouldn’t take ghost hunters to locate the presumed 50-100 thousand angry spirits