Terminology When Looking For Clothes Or Accessories

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Mobuckets, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Mobuckets

Mobuckets Members

Bit of an odd question as my first post but I'm super curious

1) When you're looking for clothes or accessories do you search for "hippie bags"?

2) Or are you looking for clothing types that aren't exclusive to "hippie culture" e.g "boho accessories"

3) Do you define as a hippie or are there other ways you describe yourself

2. abarambling

abarambling Banned

It is an odd question, but I often times have wondered the same thing, It seem to me that most people have a pretty generalized waredrobe. And what I mean by that is that they don't wear anything that screams a certain type of social group. For example, wearing a whole outfit that screams goth, hippy, punk, etc. So, how does that happen? Why do most people wear basic clothing, and these select group of people take the extra time and effort? And where do they get their clothing? Like it's so specific, I assume it would take more time, effort, money, and sources, than the average person.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I used to search for "hippy bags", that's funny. I never knew quite what to call them when I was searching. Amazon is a good place for that, although I find the best place is new age/Buddhist shops that seem to dot the main streets of many a tourist town.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't even know what a hippie bag is. if someone asked me, i would guess it's a sandwich bag with an eighth of weed in it.

i really don't shop for clothes very often. for whatever reason, it seems like clothes just come to me before i really have a need to do any actual shopping.

1 person likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

........[​IMG] ........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

If I'm looking for something "stereotypically hippie" online, yes, hippie, boho and festival are good keywords.
    Nepali/Tibetan shops usually have something. So will secondhand shops the seasons after boho goes out for a year.

After years of being assumed a hippie, I just decided to roll with it.
    I use it jokingly, and I make gentle fun of my own oddities.
    But I am a tree hugging hippy freak.
    image.jpeg