Dark Web

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by MADDENEDMAN, Feb 7, 2017.

1. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

Okay so suppose (on behalf of) a hypothetically someone wanted to access the dark net and purchase/sell less than legal things on there, how would this person do so with the maximum amount of anonymity? This person is too pretty to go to jail and would get repeatedly butt raped for sure. And of course this person has a basic understanding that total anonymity is impossible and that it requires work by that person to maintain the anonymity so if some basic starter level resources or help on that could be offered that would be great. So far a ton of googling has been done and everything found has just been a bunch of high tech wordy words that make me for one wanna put my fist through the computer screen ( and I really can't afford that again rn) So it needs to be explained in SUPER dummy terms, like for a five year old with Aspergers and ADHD. The only thing that I've been able to figure out is that a program called Tails is the best option and then decided to google for a Tails computer and it brought up multiple different brands of computers so am i just a moron again who's been tricked into believing tails is a real thing when it isn't?? Like when you search for OS X it can only be found on a Mac so that tells me this could be total bullshit. If it is can some tech genius just start me over on this subject, trying to teach oneself on the internet without any guidance has proven impossible and could be said persons undoing in the end.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

- Download Tor Browser (not really much different than Firefox or Chrome in terms of downloading)
    - PGP Key (Google it)

There are more extensive things you could do as well, but that should probably get you started

3. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

Alright that is super useful, i had no idea about the PGP key thing and thats a good base but i still need advice on the tails thing or what computer to get or something

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There is a Redit that is devoted to this. It would probably be helpful to you. Sounds like you have a lot to learn. People out there love when people like you come along. So easy to track and so easy to phish. Not trying to be mean but seriously if you have to ask these questions you are not ready.

Also if you plan to sell anything you better be at the top of the chain. There is no way you will be able to compete otherwise. Street prices do not fly there.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just flick me an email bruzz I'll hook ya up.

6. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

I for sure agree with you, fact is I'm not too smart and reddit has been helpful but only to a degree (they use too many huge technical words that i google and just get an equally confusing definition for). I might do so but only as a side thing and not for very long, and would never sell anything harder than weed. Also what do you mean top of the chain? that whole last sentence unfortunately doesn't make sense to me

7. Konvikt

Konvikt Members

Do NOT dive into this hastily, it already seems like you're on the right track with wanting to research.

Likely means wholesale bulk product.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

From a brief search, it looks like Tails uses Tor for the internet, the browser I mentioned. Also it appears Tails is available for most computers.

9. Scratched

Scratched Members

Do more research on it, there is a security tool that is supposed to be really safe for use there. Never been there myself, but did a bunch of reading about it one night. If you are very careful you should be fine.
    Cautious might be the better word.

10. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Does one need to stop using all other browsers when using tor? Does this introduce a security risk to tor stuff?

11. lode

lode Banned

Tails is a non persistant bootable USB that will run an operating system on your computers memory. You don't need a new computer or to uninstall your OS. There's probaably a video on YouTube.

Wickerman, you shouldn't have any other traffic running on the internet, including any applications which use internet in the background. Anti-Viruses, Steam. Windows 10 really.

1 person likes this.
  12. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

At the same time?

I'll look into Tails, but I'm so busy and only a little bit computer savvy... cheers.

13. DNCämþër

DNCämþër Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tor leaves breadcrumbs and is not 100%

Best buy yourself a good VPN too

14. Varmint

Varmint Member

I realize this is getting a bit old, but I feel a need to address things that haven't been dealt with yet, so here goes:

Tails is a linux operating system based on the Debian Linux operating system. You can google "download tails linux" or go to Distrowatch and scroll the list on the right of your screen until you find it. It does, indeed, use the TOR network service.

For the record, TOR is no longer secure, and Phil Zimmerman's PGP has long been compromised by government operatives. I'm not sure if the version in linux is the same, as I haven't bothered with it since the DOS era. Specifically, I don't know if Phil Zimmerman wrote the PGP you see in linux, or if it's a clone of PGP. I don't use these, as I have no current need for such things.

Finally, if you download Tails, which is a really good anonymous operating system, download the ISO file to your hard drive, then burn (not copy) it to a blank DVD (not CD) and pop it back in the drive of your intended computer or laptop and reboot the system. If your computer is set up properly, it will boot from the disk drive and you'll see the Tails login screen. Pay attention to all that info being displayed during bootup - it can reveal potential problems you need to address. Most likely, there will be none. By the way, if you go to the Tails Home Page, you'll see info on how to burn the iso file to disk and how to login. They have the username & password for your first bootup there.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect and prepare for. READ THE DIRECTIONS. There is no substitute for this. Enjoy your new operating system. I should point out that, if you use this from the comfort and privacy of your own home, you will be leaving a trail that leads straight back to you. There is absolutely no getting around this. Never do anything from home or work that you don't want traced back to you. If you don't want to go to jail, don't do anything illegal. If you're hiding from some abusive evil person, READ THE DIRECTIONS. Remember when I said that there's no substitute for this? That's because there isn't. Real anonymity takes knowledge and skill, and you obviously have neither, or you wouldn't have posted such a request, so read up and learn.

This is all I have to say for now.