#31 mattygroves

mattygroves

Barefooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNewark on Trent

Posted September 03 2017 - 09:14 AM

Last day of my holiday tomorrow, apart from a couple of hours in total I've been barefoot for 8 days, not looking forward to wearing shoes and socks on Tuesday.

I went to Lincoln on Friday - another cool place to walk barefoot. I got there early, about 7.30, a bright but quite chilly morning so I wore my jeans which I think look pretty good with barefeet. It was great feeling the different surfaces warm up as the temperature rose.

It was fun wandering about seeing all the commuters in their shoes going to work.

Spent all morning there, did quite a bit of shopping without any hassle and then spent the afternoon walking around Rufford country park, which is always fun.
  • goodearth and SoftSoles like this
I Love Bare Feet

#32 SoftSoles

SoftSoles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 08 2017 - 10:51 AM

Good to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your week's leave, Matty, proceeding to spend it almost exclusively bare foot.  Now that we're into September, we certainly do have to make the most of barefooting opportunities while the warm weather lasts.  A month from now, our chances will be greatly diminished.  That said, I do still enjoy running along the beach and sea front in my bare feet on milder days during winter months. 

Having enjoyed the first week of a fortnight off work, I've spent three hours on the drive cleaning the car in my bare feet, running along the beach and sea front on three occasions and visiting my local shopping centre on numerous occasions in my bare feet, in addition to being barefoot in and around the house. 

Admittedly, I have cleaned my soles every evening (with the scrubbing brush that sits on the shower tray in the bathroom), as I enjoy restoring them to a condition of cleanliness almost as much as I enjoy getting my soles dirty. 

Over the next week, since the weather is set to be promising, I'll continue to go barefoot when visiting the shops and when out running.  However, I've not been to York yet, something I'm very much looking forward to. 

• goodearth and mattygroves like this

#33 barefootben85

barefootben85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 20 2017 - 05:11 AM

I decided to go to the beach today for a change, barefoot all the way qithout any emergency soes. I needed fuel so stopped off to fill up at a local supermarket, it was really busy with every pump in use, and why is it all filling pumps are slipperly underfoo!t. I waited in line and paid, and the cashier noticed I had no shoes - "be careful out there on the forecourt she said". I decided to go to the supermarket too to buy a few drinks etc. Nice cool floor underfoot :)

Then I went to the beach - great to feel the sand under your soles. I must have walked for about an hour by the time I got back to the car. My feet were a bit muddy from the car park.

On the way back, I decided to stop off at a local park for another walk. Strangely it was also very muddy, and an awesome feeling. I spotted a patch of nettles an decided what the heck lets walk all over them Yes they stung but it was quiet nice. Nt sure what made me to it but I spent a good 10 mins walking over them. They still tingle now!

• charlie35 and goodearth like this

#34 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted September 21 2017 - 03:37 PM

I spotted a patch of nettles an decided what the heck lets walk all over them Yes they stung but it was quiet nice. 

how was that possibly nice?  nettle is one of the most unpleasant feelings ever, and i've only accidentally brushed against it, let alone stomped across a field of it.

#35 TheRainbowSkye

TheRainbowSkye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationStafford, United Kingdom

Posted September 23 2017 - 10:54 PM

I love being barefoot and have never had any real problems here in the UK. I'm in the West Midlands and often walk barefoot especially when I'm out in cities like Birmingham and Nottingham. I'm a photographer so I travel a lot and love to just wander around new places barefoot. 

#36 rol the sole

rol the sole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBirmingham England

Posted September 25 2017 - 12:27 AM

I'm in Birmingham and I am nearly always barefoot when not at work.

Click to shop at Zamnesia