My Sister Is Officially Insane.

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by la Principessa, Feb 6, 2017.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Just because I wanted to give you all a laugh:

So my sister (who is now totally brainwashed) told my mom that because I'm a lesbian, I'm also an extreme liberal activist, and that everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. First of all, what's wrong with being an activist? Activism isn't the same as being a terrorist. An activist speaks up when liberties are being taken away. I never agree with anything that can't be proven. She basically said that we gays have an agenda. And that trans people are disgusting.

Second, this is the same person who told me she thought she was gay in the past and wanted to come see all the gay bars and go to pride with me. Who was also a Bernie Sanders supporter less than a year ago who then took a 180 and voted for Trump. This was after she met her boyfriend who she got pregnant (with her second kid) by a month after she knew him and she lets him control her. She was always known for her promiscuity and jumping from guy to guy. I spent almost four years of my life taking care of her first child so she can go and do drugs and not come home for weeks at a time. But now she's ultra conservative is thinks there's too much sex in the media and it's almost like she's become another person entirely in less than a year. I'm baffled.

Third, I'm not on the side where the people with power straight up lie to us. And finally, my mom is a grown ass adult who can form her own opinions. I don't have anything to do with her belief system. We just both happen to have compassion and common sense. Idk what happened to her but I'm so confused that I started to laugh when my mother told me all this. I haven't lived with her for over a year so I don't know where she gets this from, we don't even speak. To think I was so worried about my mom not being cool with me being gay and yet it's my sister who turned out to be the crazy homophobe. I'm so confused by how people let themselves get brainwashed like this.

2. archenemy

archenemy Members

I would be baffled, also...

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As The Olde Saying Goes......."You Can Pick Your Friends. But You Can't Pick Your Family"...... :)

I Should Know......I Have A Brother That Is Similar..... The Master Of The 180 degree Game.

Cheers Glen.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Aww that sucks, my sisters were my best support really. I have three sisters though and we are all extremely different but we get along very well too.

One thing I've learned about sticking up for what you believe in is others don't believe the same thing, and they will view you as a terrorist of sorts I guess, maybe not a terrorist but they'll get a different vibe from you just because you strongly stand up for something and I can attest my whole life to that too. :unsure:

Your sister just sounds jealous for some reason, there's something there and usually the pettiness to go complain to mamma spells jealousy to me.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You can pick your family too. :) they're your homies.

Think about it. If you weren't blood would you still have love? Or in fact does the blood make you think you have to love? I mean I love my family yeah, but my homies are family too third cousins get outta here!

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Sounds like her bloke is her problem, controllers have that effect on some people, when he dumps her, she will want to be your best friend again...Well who else will mind the babies! Lol

7. la Principessa

My sister and I never got along. Ever since I was born she hated my guts and wanted to be an only child. We had our moments where we tried to get along but she would always do anything she could to fuck me over.

I don't live near her anymore and I don't help her out with anything either. She was the one to force me out of the closet, despite the fact that she was so happy for me when I first came out. But she wasn't happy anymore when my girlfriend took up my free time, time away from helping her with the kid. She is so entitled. She thinks everyone should drop everything to aid her and then thank her for the opportunity.

The only thing I can imagine is that she might be jealous that my mom sees me as the level headed one. I can actually have a stable relationship with someone I care for and don't just need to leech off of like she does. My mom can't talk to her. She has her afraid to say anything disagreeing with her or she might threaten to not let her see her son anymore. And because I can't deal with my sister, the only time I see my nephew is when she lets my mom babysit him.

8. la Principessa

As for the family thing, I don't buy that "You have to love them because they're family" thing. I have a right to not want people in my life who do nothing but make my life a living hell. She's always had a problem with me even when I didn't do anything to her. I have my own life and I don't need her adding to my troubles. She talks shit whether she sees me or not. I haven't seen her in months and we're not even friends on Facebook so she knows nothing of my thoughts on our current "presidency" or anything like that.

I have my friends and I have my mother and my nephew, and my girlfriend. I'm good with that. More people, more problems.

1 person likes this.